1.    #1  
    I have to hand it to handspring (that sounds funny after typing it). I called them about my speakerphone not working on my Treo 600 last thursday, and the fedex guy just arrived with my replacement.

I am charging the new one up right now, I will test the speaker after its all charged.
    aint this a bitc*?

you on your second and I can't even get a hand on one.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    This was the GSM version. Not sure if you are getting sprint one or not.
    I have the same exact problem as you did, farzonalmaneih! I have a sprintpcs version though. They told me it would be 2 weeks due to the backordered situation. my esternal speaker works intermittently. Did they send you a tracking # after it shipped, or give you an ETA? I just got a case #....
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  5.    #5  
    Just a case number. I am really surprised I even got it already. That was fast.

Well, let me rephrase. If this were any other normal company, I would say this was just on time with normal replacement standards. With HS recent history, I am pleasantly surprised.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    I have to hand it to handspring (that sounds funny after typing it). I called them about my speakerphone not working on my Treo 600 last thursday, and the fedex guy just arrived with my replacement.
    farzonalmaneih -

If I recall your posts correctly, I think you purchased the Cingular version for use on T-Mobile. If that is the case, I assume from the post that Handspring serviced the case versus them sending you to Cingular. Correct?

Just curious because I ordered the Cingular model and was concerned that if I needed support they would try and pass me on to Cingular. If you have any tips on using the Cingular model with T-Mobile, please pass them along.

BTW, great news that you got a replacement so fast.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Just a case number. I am really surprised I even got it already. That was fast.

Well, let me rephrase. If this were any other normal company, I would say this was just on time with normal replacement standards. With HS recent history, I am pleasantly surprised.
    maybe i'll get mine before xmas then?? I was expecting not to have my new one until at least the week after...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  8.    #8  
    I bought it direct from a Cingular store at full retail (599). They did try to pass me off to Cingular and I said no. I insisted that they service me, and they did.

As far as advice for Tmo on a Cingular Treo 600. There isnt really anything todo. Just put the sim in it and you are ready to go. Really, there is nothing to do, there isnt anything Cingular thats on it besides the welcome screen when you turn on Wireless mode.
    I was told the same "you should receive it in 2 weeks" by Handspring, and received my Sprint replacement in about 4 days via FedEx. My only gripe is that they forgot to include the return waybill. Since I didn't plan on paying for shipping the bad phone back, I called and they said the waybill would be on the way shortly.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Hey Farzonalmaneih- I was told by the main Cingular store here in NYC that any 600's sold at the stores were locked!! Obviously, that is not the case, if you have put a T-Mobile sim in your Treo. Are they lying to me?

Andrew
  11.    #11  
    Andrew, I couldn't tell you for sure. Mine is fine. I don't suspect that they made any changes. Everyone here who has gotton one so far hasnt had a locked unit.

I bet they say they are locked so they can sell them to Cing customers and sell them service too. (they make more money this way)
  12.    #12  
    Ok my new phone is BETTER, but still has the speakerphone problem.

Its like this: I can use the speakerphone, but if I set the volume to anything above 2-3 bars:

-When the person speaks on the other end they hear themselves instead of me
    -I cant hear them well it just cuts out
    -@#$!$#%$#@^% stupid Handspring, fix this now
    I also got my replacement in 1 week .

No waybill to return and when I called they had no clue I had one to return and told me I should recieved the waybill soon. They acted like they had no clue I had two.

If I dont Im keeping the first one for free .
    My case had to be "escalated" to someone else, who hasn't called me yet, because I was using a T-Mobile SIM in the Cingular phone.

I suppose I shoulda just said I had Cingular.

I was told, when they do authorize the replacement, it'll be 1-2 weeks.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by VaccPalm
    I also got my replacement in 1 week .

No waybill to return and when I called they had no clue I had one to return and told me I should recieved the waybill soon. They acted like they had no clue I had two.

If I dont Im keeping the first one for free .
    I was thinking the same thing, except I gave them my CC number when ordering the replacement. I would hate to find out I was charged $599 for it. The CSR I talked to about the waybill said he was able to find my RMA information, so I think I had better send the bad one back as soon as the waybill shows up.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Yeah they took my CC number also . I am keeping a eye on my CC for a charge and If they charge me im going to tell them im waiting for the return paperwork like they told me.
    they were totally clueless when I called them about my return and couldnt find any record of it.

Keep an eye on CC statement