1.    #1  
    First post!

I just got mine T600 (Sprint CDMA) 2 days ago and going to have to wait till tomorow to activate the device so i can keep my T-Mobile number when I switch to sprint.

but for now what are your must have apps on your T600?

so far all I have ready to go for tomorow is:
    1. sanppermail (IMAP/SSL)
    2. GTS Racing
    3. pTunes

I need more ideas for good apps so please list your top 10 must have apps.
  2.    #4  
    thanks. I should have search the word killer...
    I'll do this again:

Bejeweled!
    Bob's Alarm
    BugMe!
    Datebk5
    DayNotez
    Directory Assistant
    Expense Log Pro
    HS Mail
    Pocket Tunes
    Runner's Log
    MarkMyScriptures
    SartListToGo
    SplashID
    TreoTools
    Uninstall Manager
    X-Master with "Crash" hack
    WordSmith
    Originally posted by heberman
    I'll do this again:

X-Master with "Crash" hack
    I haven't been able to figure out why I would need Crash on my Treo 600. I have used Crash in the past on other palm pdas, but it seems to me like the Treo 600 has this built in (so that if it crashes, it will reboot so that you won't miss any calls if you aren't looking at your palm when it crashes). I have never once got a Fatal Exception dialog on my Treo where I had to press the OK button or press the reset button. It just resets on it's own. If I want to find out what the error is, I just type ##377 from the phone screen. Can you fill me in on what Crash is useful for on the Treo?
    It really depends on personal interests or needs. Here are some of my apps I can't live without. Really, a handfull of these apps made me change my mind about switching to an ipaq 1940. I am glad I held off, I can honestly say the treo 600 is the best gadget I have ever owned. Maybe the best money I have spent.

Apps:
    ZLauncher
    Datebk5
    SplashMoney
    SplashId
    SplashPhoto
    Teal Auto
    Filez
    Second Screen TV
    Iambic Mail
    Treosms
    Verichat
    Mapopolis
    Notepad (write on screen like palm 100)
    HandStory
    McPhling
    Quickswitch
    Parens calc
    Handzipper
    pocket tunes with shoutcast
    Web Pro
    pdanet
    newpen
    docs to go
    findhack
    expense plus
    clockpop5
    321 contacts (works great with treo 600)
    pocket lingo 2.0 (dictionary and thesaurus)
    atom smash
    backupman

Games:
    gizmo (sega game gear emulator)
    tennis addict
    bejewel
    gts racing
    Snappermail
    Zipper
    SplashID
    Sandman
    Backupman
    Vindigo
    Chatter
    MobileTs
    Diddlebug
    DocsToGo
    ExpensePlus
    PdaNet (thought I am still doinking with stability)
    pTunes
    Wassup
    Treocontacts hack
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

I haven't been able to figure out why I would need Crash on my Treo 600. I have used Crash in the past on other palm pdas, but it seems to me like the Treo 600 has this built in (so that if it crashes, it will reboot so that you won't miss any calls if you aren't looking at your palm when it crashes).
    Hmmm, if that is the case, I would remove Crash from my T600.

Jayzee, isn't the Parens calculator the same think as Handspring's built-in calculator with the "advanced mode" option?
    Not quite the original Parens has 12 conversion features and I like the colors and layout better than the handspring branded calc.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    I haven't been able to figure out why I would need Crash on my Treo 600. I have used Crash in the past on other palm pdas, but it seems to me like the Treo 600 has this built in (so that if it crashes, it will reboot so that you won't miss any calls if you aren't looking at your palm when it crashes). I have never once got a Fatal Exception dialog on my Treo where I had to press the OK button or press the reset button. It just resets on it's own. If I want to find out what the error is, I just type ##377 from the phone screen. Can you fill me in on what Crash is useful for on the Treo?
    I thought "Crash" was merely an aesthetic thing just to show friendly pictures when the unit crashes. I had no idea that other palm PDA's didn't automatically reboot since the only PDA I've had is the Treo 180 (which auto reboots, as do all later Treo models apparently). Now the functionality of "Crash" makes so much more sense!
    Hey

I've never heard of 321 contacts what is it and where can I find it?

I searched on Palmgear and it wasn't there.

Even did a google search and couldn't find it.

If it makes finding contacts in the treo 600 easier I could really use it.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...F&prodID=41352

Not only is it a good interface but it works better than contacts pro for one button dialing on the treo
    Originally posted by phatthai

so far all I have ready to go for tomorow is:
    1. sanppermail (IMAP/SSL)
    2. GTS Racing
    3. pTunes
    I thought snappermail didnt support IMAP?

from the FAQ:

No, SnapperMail is a POP3 mail client only. IMAP support for SnapperMail is on our roadmap, we have not disclosed a release date for this product.

Do they have a beta version or the like that does?
  13.    #15  
    noooo!!!!! i must have read it wrong somewhere..

well back to the shopping cart.
    heberman, you got x-master installed and working on you T6? Does this mean KeyCapsHack will work also?
    This program does not works on Treo 600 why do you have it loaded ?
    Ciao

Ettore
    Originally posted by Predator-1
    heberman, you got x-master installed and working on you T6? Does this mean KeyCapsHack will work also?
    x-master has worked fine so far. Keycapshack apparently "mostly" works: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...212#post283212
    Chatter support imap mail I'm pretty sure.
    Originally posted by heberman

x-master has worked fine so far. Keycapshack apparently "mostly" works: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...212#post283212
    Thx a lot! Been lookin for this ever since i got my T6.