1.    #1  
    I use (and really like) Wordsmith by Blue Nomad. On my 600, Wordsmith works fine, but doesn't have much support for the 5-way button except for basic scrolling up and down. If I'm missing something else, please let me know.

I e-mailed BlueNomad late Saturday night and asked about future 5-way support. I received a response back on Sunday:

My email: "Hello. Any plans to support the Treo 600's 5-way pad?"

Blue Nomad's response: "We have added some support for this in our latest version.
    If you don't have the newest WordSmith, please download a new
    demo version and install over your current version to upgrade.
    We don't have 100% support for the 5-way as there are conflicts
    with the 5-way on the Tungsten devices. So both devices have some
    support as a compromise. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    5-way is indeed very limited. Blue Nomad is notorious for doing what they want and only what they want. Customer suggestions are not a priority as far as I can tell. Great word processor, the best. Too bad.
    I've been reluctant to install Wordsmith on my T6 since it first got "quarantined" as OS5 Incompatible when I first transfered my profile over. I just can't dig DTG's UI after coming from Wordsmith. Even limited 5-way support is just a bonus if it means being able to use Wordsmith again.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I've been reluctant to install Wordsmith on my T6 since it first got "quarantined" as OS5 Incompatible when I first transfered my profile over. I just can't dig DTG's UI after coming from Wordsmith. Even limited 5-way support is just a bonus if it means being able to use Wordsmith again.
    That "quarentine" is inaccurate. It caught a lot of stuff that is perfectly OK on OS5 and Treo600. Wordsmith works fine, just no 5-way.
    It caught a lot of stuff that is perfectly OK on OS5 and Treo600.

That's great news. I'm going to try reinstalling Galax!