1.    #1  
    The battery charge on my Treo 300 is suddenly starting to die very quickly. I can't even make a 30 minute call without draining the battery to nothing.

Sounds like it's time for a new battery, but I've heard that you can't replace the battery in the 300?

True or false?

If there is a remedy, where's the best place to buy a replacement battery?

Thanks.
    I've asked the same question of Sprint recently. They say that the only option is a replacement. Although I have the replacement plan I'm planning to get a Treo 600 sometime in the near future anyway. So I've dumped the replacement plan and will live with the slack battery life till I can get a good deal on a Treo 600. The Treo 600 batter life is much better. No need in me getting another Treo 300 now and paying the $35 fee just to see if fail again when the Treo 600 is better.
    You can get a new T300 battery at
    Handspring Battery

Enjoy, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Tim!

You just saved me an upgrade to the 600 (for now--I'll wait until the price comes down).

Cheers.
    The caveat is that this site has proclaimed the battery to be coming soon for quite a long time. I would not order the item until they have it listed as available. Just a friendly warning.
  6.    #6  
    No worries there. I checked the number in stock and there were plenty.

They shipped one out to me on Wednesday, and UPS tracking says it's supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow.
    Let us know how it turns out..
  8.    #8  
    Final outcome:

My battery was shipped to me within a day or two of my Web order. It came with instructions and a tiny screwdriver for taking off the back of the Treo.

It was simple to install, although snapping the Treo back together was a little tricky, and I could have used some instructions on how to reboot with the new battery (took some trial and error with the reset key).

The battery charged without any problems, and I was using my Treo again by this evening.

All in all, though, it was well worth the $49. I give it a thumbs up.
    UppaTreo and bigredgpk, I am sure there are far more people reading your posts and saying thank you than you will actually see posted here.

I'm kind of mentally fixed on the 600 now. But I'm glad this option is available.

It should help me in selling my Treo 300 on Ebay once I'm done with it .
    I replaced my battery too. Significant difference. I'd forgotten how great it is when the battery works properly. A really unbelievable difference.

The instructions were thorough and it came with the appropriate tools.

For whatever reason after install and charging I kept getting a fatal error until I did a hard reset.

I'd agree that snapping it back together was a little more difficult than it looked. The dark plate with the power switch is loose and will fall free. After installation when I snapped it back together the speaker switch got out of line and damaged the internal switch. Now mine is permanently on vibrate. Before opening the Treo I'd suggest using scotch tape to hold the plate and speaker switch in place.

Overall I am very glad I did it.

Originally posted by UppaTreo
    Final outcome:

My battery was shipped to me within a day or two of my Web order. It came with instructions and a tiny screwdriver for taking off the back of the Treo.

It was simple to install, although snapping the Treo back together was a little tricky, and I could have used some instructions on how to reboot with the new battery (took some trial and error with the reset key).

The battery charged without any problems, and I was using my Treo again by this evening.

All in all, though, it was well worth the $49. I give it a thumbs up.
    I'm glad i could help you all, This is one of the best parts of TreoCentral. Treo users helping Treo Users!

Don't let a dead battery, dead speaker, or a cracked screen make you pay $600 for a Treo 600. These are fixes that anyone with a little know-how and time can fix for way under $600, (under $4 for the dead speaker!! )

May your Treo's live long and charge!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about