Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MY snappermail keeps crashing, and it's pissing me off. Just when i send out the message, i get a "fatal" msg and that's it. I have to reset it and i have to resend the stupid message.

Has anyone tried messageXpress yet? How has it worked?

Main reason i got this was so i could have SMS on my phone with a keypad instead of having a spring phone and a text pager.

Where can i find the "BigClock" program for my pda?

thanks

-Brian
    I think you will find many people who would desagrree with the thread title.

I'm one of them.

Have you tried emailling support http://www.snappermail.com/support/?

Big Clock at: www.gacel.de.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    skip259 - Your issue is one of those very few cases where good software does not work on a particular individual's Treo for some reason. Maybe there is a conflict somewhere or something, but you should try contacting Snappermail's support as Felipe mentioned.

Snappermail works great for me.
    For MO-SMS, use Treo300SMS. For email, use SnapperMail. That seems to be the consensus, and I am definitely in agreement.

You're crashing due to a conflict with another app or data that might or might not still be in your treo. Try using an app like Neat Freak or Uninstall Hack to get rid of that junk.
    MY snappermail keeps crashing, and it's pissing me off. Just when i send out the message, i get a "fatal" msg and that's it. I have to reset it and i have to resend the stupid message.
    Are you running the latest beta - 1.91? My Snappermail was one of my most stable apps on my 300, and my 600 hadn't crashed at all... Until I installed the new Snappermail beta this morning. Since installing the beta my 600 has crashed a dozen times - each crash was when Snappermail did a periodic mail receipt. ##377, on the 600, has told me that each crash was caused by a fatal exception within Snappermail.

I contacted Snappermail this afternoon and they just sent me instructions on how to back up my data and remove the beta. There's a couple of other people that are complaining about the app too. Honestly, I think Snappermail has slipped a bit from the great development company they used to be.

Dunc
    The latest beta released this morning does have an acknowledged bug. Download the latest release and that should take care of it. The bug does not affect my use, as my Treo is NEVER turned off.

Ben

--------------------

Originally posted by skip259

Has anyone tried messageXpress yet? How has it worked?

Main reason i got this was so i could have SMS on my phone with a keypad instead of having a spring phone and a text pager.

Where can i find the "BigClock" program for my pda?

thanks

-Brian
    Comon guys! It's beta software you installed. Did you really expect no bugs?

In this round of releases we decided to publicly publish our in-house betas so our customers could opt for the latest bleeding edge if they choose to. In return we expected a larger circle of people would have access and send feedback to our forum on www.snappermail.com/forum

With threads like this appearing we're starting to question the wisdom of this decision.

-W
    Give us IMAP and we'll forgive you!

Dunc
    Originally posted by snapperfish

In this round of releases we decided to publicly publish our in-house betas so our customers could opt for the latest bleeding edge if they choose to. In return we expected a larger circle of people would have access and send feedback to our forum on www.snappermail.com/forum

With threads like this appearing we're starting to question the wisdom of this decision.

-W
    It's a shame when one person flames an otherwise great product.

ps. Shame about the rugger Will, but the AB's will be back.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Shame about the rugger Will, but the AB's will be back.
    Did you see the front page of the NZ Herald the following morning? "World Chumps"

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Please do not do away with your beta program. I think most people understand the concept of beta software and know to expect bugs. If a customer does not want to participate in the beta they can always download the latest GA release.

BTW: Neither your Support nor your Software suck. I've tried them all and you offer the best POP client on the market IMHO.
    snapperfish is right about the fact it is openly labled as BETA software. I think some folks really don't get the meaning of the term .

-W
    I wouldn't let an upset user keep you from further developing this app. through the assistance of feedback from greatful users. That wouldn't be cricket.

I've personally found your non beta versions very stable, and I would highly recommend it those who don't care to spend the time testing the beta versions.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/25/2003 at 11:14 PM.

... snip ...

-W
    You might put on a click through that made beta downloaders acknowledge that they are using a beta product.

Just a thought from a happy beta tester.

Whadda mean they didn't save a copy of the latest working version before they loaded the beta
    I installed the non-beta Snappermail trial on my T600 and the only thing that annoyed me is that the app registered itself and one data file as a ResourceDB, so I could not uninstall it without a hard reset.

Thank God for SD-based backups!
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Make sure if you're a 270/300 upgrader that you update the library to the newer version. I had problems with Snappermail migrating from the T300 to the T600, but one e-mail to tech support cleared up the issue. Different processor, different library. Simple.

My hats off to SnapperMail! The Funky Business connection from Sprint almost made me take my 300 back. I got suckered into Treomail after that. Snappermail has made it so I keep my home office PC off for weeks at a time!
    1.85 does not consistantly alert with the keyguard activated. library transfer is not the reason.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/27/2003 at 08:19 AM.
    Here's a problem I have with Snapper that I thought would go away once I registered the app (and please, no DAFS replies--I've already done a search and turned up zip). Is there a way to get rid of that cloyingly cute snapperfish logo in the Inbox? It's one of the "features" that keeps me from ditching HS Mail.
    I don't understand why this place is such a snappermail love-fest. The program is really quite bare bones compared to some of the more robust, less expensive programs. I find it annoying that you have to use the menu if you only want to get mail from 1 of your accounts. It also sucks that you can't change the sort on your mail and sort by subject. Heck even the free Treo email client has a feature that lets you go to the bottom of your inbox without having to slowly scroll all the way down. Most people do read their oldest mail first, right? How come it always takes you to your newest message and makes you work to get to your old mail? Now that the volume rocker program is out that lets you make your 5-way button emulate a Tungsten, VersaMail 2.5 blows that snapper crap away. It has dozens more features and is much, much more customizable. You can even use IMAP.
    Face it people. SnapperMail is a decent program worth about 9.99. It's not that great of a program.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I started with Snappermail v1.1.1 and I continue to be very happy with it. I'm now running 1.8.1.01 on the GSM T600 without a single crash.

I didn't opt for the beta version because I understood the risk of frequent crashes. Snapper's regular releases have been fine.

I vote to change the thread title.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast