1.    #1  
    Funny thing is, the Covertec case arrived earlier than the HS case.
    The HS case is due any time now.
    When it comes in I'll do a side-by-side comparison.

Review of the Covertec Form-Fit Case (Black):
    ================================
    Rating: 8 out of 10

The good:
    + professional look (not out of place in a business environment)
    + good protection while offering reasonable usability (if you don't use the stylus much, that is)
    + hotsync-able in case (using the cable, NOT cradle)
    + doesn't cover the back speaker (the T600 ringers are already soft enough)
    + immediately take pictures w/o having to flip the back open
    + secure mechanism on top keeps the SD card from falling out

The bad:
    - T600 must be removed from the case for resets
    - seems like the problem of headsets popping out involuntarily (due to the added thickness around the plug-in area) might still be there; i'm using the standard headset that came out of the box and i have to consciously wedge the headset in each time I plug it into the T600; but over time I'm sure the leather will ease up
    - clear plastic front is of the "office clear folder" variety*; squeaks a little at times during typing (not noticaeble but it's there); and if you depress the area over the screen too much it'll eventually leave a depression mark due to the flexible nature of the material (this is a logical theory, hasn't actually happened on mine)
    *Not too sure if the HS case uses the same material; I'll comment more on this when it arrives

Review of the Covertec "WIPS" Belt-Clip:
    =============================
    Rating: 9.5 out of 10 (I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as perfect; but for those of you who do, consider this a 10)

The good:
    + clip mechanism attached to the case is completely removable, giving people who don't use belt-clips an option for a really slim profile (more pants-friendly too)
    + reasonably secure latching system; two release triggers which are located at the sides and not on top; no accidental release unless you knock the triggers on both sides at the same time (unlikely)
    + belt clip is about an inch wide, evenly distributing the weight of the device so that it does not feel too heavy
    + belt clip is of the clip (instead of the loop) variety, offering more versatility (you don't always have to use a belt)
    + 360 degrees pivotable, stops the device from poking you when sitting down
    + possible (but tricky) one-handed release from belt-clip

The bad:
    - none that I can think of
    Last edited by rudychow; 11/24/2003 at 02:39 AM.
  2. AJB
    Thanks rudychow,
    looking forward to the side by side review.

AJB
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)
    Here's a link for those who read the review and wanted to see pics/prices:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...sp?unit=H.T600
  4. AJB
    Originally posted by rudychow
    + good protection while offering reasonable usability (if you don't use the stylus much, that is)
    Does that mean the stylus is covered?
    That would be a pretty big oversight?

Try this link [covertec.com]
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)
    When did you get your case?
    I ordered one on 11/04 from MobilePlanet and still waiting. Supposedly they are due in on Mon 11/24.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    So how's the "Wips system" belt clip? Is it easy enough to remove the case from the clip with one hand?

Thanks,
    eKennedy
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by AJB

Does that mean the stylus is covered?
    That would be a pretty big oversight?

Try this link [covertec.com]
    What I meant was, since the screen is covered by a plastic overlay (like the keyboard) you are basically limited to screen taps in terms of touchscreen usability. Grafitti is tricky and even selecting text using the stylus is a bit off.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    When did you get your case?
    I ordered one on 11/04 from MobilePlanet and still waiting. Supposedly they are due in on Mon 11/24.
    A local distributor (i'm in Singapore) received stock a week ago. I got it the first day it was available.
    I got the Bellagio Case they have two version a flip and non flip.
    This is a better case than the link below displays.

http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showcategory3.php/28
    Rudychow,

Great job! Would you be interested in submitting your review(s) to Treo 600 Essentials?

I'd love to publish these.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by derek985
    Rudychow,

Great job! Would you be interested in submitting your review(s) to Treo 600 Essentials?

I'd love to publish these.
    Yeah that'd be great.
    If it means informing more treo users out there, all the better.
    I'll send you an email with pics and more in-depth comparison info when the HS case arrives.

Meanwhile, feel free to take whatever you want from the above statements.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by eKennedy
    So how's the "Wips system" belt clip? Is it easy enough to remove the case from the clip with one hand?

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    Hi, I have edited the top post to include the WIPS belt-clip.
    Thanks, this is the information I was waiting for!

I have just one further question: Is the phone not sticking out too far from the hip?

As the clip seems quite thick, I'm afraid it sticks out too far and the phone can get caught.

Thanks in advance for your remark,

Ton