1.    #1  
    Yesterday I was annoyed that I couldn't delete that default Sprint PCS, Handspring, and Google bookmarks (the Google one is useful but I have another where I've saved the page to my Treo for faster access).

So, messing around a bit, it was surprisingly easy to do this. Here we go...

Assumptions:
    I have a Sprint Treo 600. No idea if this will work on others version although I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Requirement:
    You won't blame me if Blazer dies, your Treo blows up, or (even worse) you drop your Treo in the toilet... :-)

Steps:
    0x00: Back up your Blazer files. I used FileZ to copy all files with a BLZ5 id to a directory on my SD card.
    0x01: Download RsrcEdit http://www.quartus.net/products/rsrcedit/ and sync it to your Treo
    0x02: Fire it up, open the Bookmarks file
    0x03: Each record represents one bookmark, in the order they appear in Blazer
    0x04: Sanity check: you should have as many records as you have bookmarks defined in Blazer (e.g. I have 43 bookmarks, and so have 43 records)
    0x05: Open the record of "undeletable" bookmark (its record number will correspond to its index in your Blazer bookmarks, not counting blanks)
    0x06: There is no step 0x06! :-)
    0x07: Confirm that this is indeed an "undeletable" bookmark (look at the URL)
    0x08: The third byte should be 0x02, this tells Blazer "you know better than the user, don't let him/her/it delete this bookmark"
    0x09: Zero out this byte (FYI, a 0x01 in the third byte indicates that the page's contents have been saved)
    0x0A: Hit OK
    0x0B: Select the next bookmark and goto 0x07 (or 0x06 if you're a diehard Monty Python fan) ;-)

That's it!
    Would you mind if I added this to our FAQ over at Treo 600 Essentials?

Best,
    Derek.
    After reading the post I went into blazer and tried to delete a
    couple of the "default" web sites. No problem. They simply
    deleted.

Maybe a hard reset would bring them back but I don't want to
    go that far either.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by derek985
    Would you mind if I added this to our FAQ over at Treo 600 Essentials?

Best,
    Derek.
    Not at all, please do Derek (and thanks for a great site!)
    Of course, if you have filez, you can just delete the bookmarks on your treo using filez.. each bookmark is a seperate record in the Bookmarks database on your treo.. just choose the one you want to remove, and hit delete.. worked perfect for me.
    Originally posted by olop

Not at all, please do Derek (and thanks for a great site!)
    Done! It's in the FAQ at:

http://treo600essentials.com/smartfa...wer=1069700590

And thanks for the kind words, we try hard.
    Originally posted by jwsh
    ...each bookmark is a seperate record in the Bookmarks database on your treo.. just choose the one you want to remove, and hit delete.. worked perfect for me.

jwsh,

I have FileZ. What are the exact steps to remove the Handspring installed Bookmarks. All I see in FileZ is: "bookmarks" & "bookmarks-view". I don't see the individual bookmark files.

Thanks,
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by treosixoo

jwsh,

I have FileZ. What are the exact steps to remove the Handspring installed Bookmarks. All I see in FileZ is: "bookmarks" & "bookmarks-view". I don't see the individual bookmark files.

Thanks,
    I performed the following steps in my GSM version:

1> Launch Filez.
    2> Locate the file called "Bookmarks" and make a backup on the SD card.
    3> Select the "Bookmarks" file and click "Edit" in Menu.
    4> You will see numbers starting from 0 under "Record List". These correspond to the bookmark entries.
    5> Select the number corresponding to the bookmark you want to delete. Confirm this is the right one by clicking on "Edit" and reading the text on the right.
    6> After confirming, select the bookmark entry to delete and click "Delete".
    7> Click "Done" and fire up Blazer to verify.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Originally posted by zgraff

I performed the following steps in my GSM version:

1> Launch Filez.
    2> Locate the file called "Bookmarks" and make a backup on the SD card.
    3> Select the "Bookmarks" file and click "Edit" in Menu.
    4> You will see numbers starting from 0 under "Record List". These correspond to the bookmark entries.
    5> Select the number corresponding to the bookmark you want to delete. Confirm this is the right one by clicking on "Edit" and reading the text on the right.
    6> After confirming, select the bookmark entry to delete and click "Delete".
    7> Click "Done" and fire up Blazer to verify.
    zgraff,
    Worked like a charm! Thanks for the info.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?