1.    #1  
    Thought i pass along some info to you all.

I have gotten 3 DOML T600s in the past month 2 are perfect but 1 the speakerphone does not work. After diagnostics with Handspring USA, they determined that the 2nd speaker (they informed me that the T600 has two speakers one for speakerphone and 1 for mp3s and rings and sounds) was not functioning and that i should replace. I gave them the serial number and they noted that it was a International T600 and said that it would have to go back to Asia for replacement. I tried with CSR managers but to no avail.

I contacted DOML they said that there would be no Advanced replacement as in the USA from the carriers, but that they would be glad to get it back and send it in to Asia Handspring I believe that they are calld C20. DOML told me that International Handspring was actually trying to fix broken T600s and just not replacing.

I talked to the engineer that the phone belongs to and he stated that he would rather wait till something more serious goes wrong before sending it back to DOML (Singapore).

Also it made me think of something else, I have TMO insurance on all the phones but how can they replace them, they cant??

Just a FYI
    Ugh, sorry to hear about your problems. That really does suck.

I know the answer to your T-mobile insurance question, though. Yes, you can insure a T600; however, if your model phone is not available, or not in stock (which you're out of luck on, at the moment), Asurion (the third-party insurer) will replace the phone with a phone most similar to the T600 capabilities.

There aren't many out there. I think the closest would be the Sidekick or the Siemens Pocket PC smartphone. Neither of which are really acceptable, I think.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I bought my Treo 600 in Malaysia and the distributor is C2O. After a week my Treo had the loose screw rattle, which I complained to the local dealer. A week later, they replaced a new unit for me.

I don't know about the repair thing, but if the problem is a manufacturing defect, they should replace it; no questions asked.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Originally posted by gurjit

I don't know about the repair thing, but if the problem is a manufacturing defect, they should replace it; no questions asked.
    I think what HumP meant is he's got to send it all the way from USA back to DOML in Singapore instead of having Handspring in USA fixed/replaced it for him.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by bummer

I think what HumP meant is he's got to send it all the way from USA back to DOML in Singapore instead of having Handspring in USA fixed/replaced it for him.
    Ya thats what im saying but its all good