Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was on Amazon looking for ink for my inkjet printer (another story) and stumbled across the Treo 600 for Sprint for 249 after rebates. I got my treo 270 from Amazon and got my rebate quickly. It makes me feel like getting the Treo for Spring kissing Tmo goodbye (since they are draggin their feet on the Treo 600) and dumping my 270 and paying the cancellation fee

Sorry I saw that there was a link to this on the Rumor 299 Treo thread.
    you would only get the t600 for 400 unless you signed up for two lines of service With a two year contract Or if you have been a sprint customer for two years with the same phone.
  3.    #3  
    Actually you do not need to activate two lines of service, only one for two years or you can get the treo for 299 with a one year activation.
    Sorry, I was thinking the second offer was the 150 rebate for existing customers upgrading their handset
    Is this offer legit? Way cheaper than bestbuy. I still have over 1 week to return/cancle order. I hate exchanging , etc, but 150.00 is a pretty big differnce to me.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Man...I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from a sprint store and paid $449.00 for it. Now people are getting the same phone for $200 cheaper.

It hurts being first...... but I gotta say... I love my Treo 600
    Well I took a chance. I went to best buy and they would not match the price as they do not consider Amazon a legitimate competitor. That got me worried. But my sister says Amazon is legit...but...as I was literally placing my order they change the order status from instock to 4-5 weeks.
    Now I a wondering if I made a mistake (ie if they really have them or what).

If you do decide to take a chace, the deal runs out tommorow and also be aware of what plans you want as it's not very clear on their website. You have to have a 2 year agreement but they don't really tell you that.

Crossing my fingers

Fletch
    i bought my t300 last year from amazon with all those rebates. they took a while, but all came through.

i might order the t600 from amazon and sell my current t600 to make some money in the process.
    I bought my Treo 300 last year from Amazon with the rebates as well. I eventually got all the rebates I was entitled to but it was a huge pain in the a**. My advice to anybody purchasing through Amazon...(1) Make copies of EVERYTHING you send to them. (2) Send by certified mail (that way they can't act as if they never received your claim...like they did with me.)
    I had written amazon earlier in the day. After reading the other thread how the phone would never be 299 anytime soon then boom it's 249 ..I got concerned that maybe they are refurbed Rev A or somthing like that. They just wrote me back and said that are really brand new straight from the manf. They did tell me to be sure and add the plan to get the discount before I checked out.

Anyway still crossing my fingers but giving them an honest chance....

Fletch
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Don't hate me but I got my Treo 600 for $ 50.

I called Sprint Business (it is a "business account" for me and my wife) and told them I was upgrading from the T300 which was "under warranty."

They billed me 599 and gave me a credit for 399 for the T300 I returned.

Then I put my wife on a 2 year plan so they gave us 150 in rebates.

So 600-400-150=50

And I would have paid $ 1000 for the t600.

I can't wait for the 320 x 320 screen. After that I'll park myself for a while.
    I bought my Treo 180 from Amazon.com and in a fluke, got the rebate applied to my online price! I thought that was pretty great, but when I went to try again a day or two later, I paid full price and had to wait for the rebate.

The second Treo 180 I bought was in an open box when I got it. I called Amazon to check if a mistake had been made and got an attitude from the guy. He told me that Amazon doesn't sell used products. When I told him how I received the item, he told me that I must be mistaken. Since it's hard to mistake an installed sim card and numbers already on the phone, I insisted that I had indeed received a used product. It went downhill from there and he, along with his supervisor were both on the rude side.

Long story short, after going to their supervisor via email they offered to let me apply for the rebate for both phones (they knew about the previously applied rebate to the first Treo). I sold the second Treo for $400, so I ended up getting $150 to buy two Treo 180s!! Not too shabby....

:::::: Maybe lightning will strike twice and it'll happen when I buy my Treo 600 from Amazon:::::::::: I WISH!

Catch y'all later....

Rick in San Diego
    (Owner of the Bean Bar Coffee Company -- opening January 2004)
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Don't hate me but I got my Treo 600 for $ 50.

I called Sprint Business (it is a "business account" for me and my wife) and told them I was upgrading from the T300 which was "under warranty."

They billed me 599 and gave me a credit for 399 for the T300 I returned.

Then I put my wife on a 2 year plan so they gave us 150 in rebates.

So 600-400-150=50

And I would have paid $ 1000 for the t600.

I can't wait for the 320 x 320 screen. After that I'll park myself for a while.
    How did you get sprint to give you credit for signging a new contract? I can't for the life of me convince sprint to give me any money for signing a new contract (I'm currently without a contract).

??
    Originally posted by chuhsi

I can't for the life of me convince sprint to give me any money for signing a new contract (I'm currently without a contract).

??
    Maybe you should tell them you are considering other providers if they don't make staying with Sprint worth your while?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Maybe they treat me well cause it is a business account. I have a small corporation and the account has a corporate name.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

How did you get sprint to give you credit for signging a new contract? I can't for the life of me convince sprint to give me any money for signing a new contract (I'm currently without a contract).

??
    Actually, I was shoppng for new service at the time and chose T-Mobile so I did activate service on one of the phones. That helped for the second mail in rebates.

With T-Mobile lagging so badly, it's so hard not to switch to Sprint right now. The *only* reason I'm not is that I got a great deal on my minutes ($40 for 1000 anytime/unlimited nights & weekends plus free LD). That, plus the world phone capability. It was great being able to use my phone in Europe and the Carribean...

A Sprint Treo 600 for $249 though.... UGH! What a deal.

Rick in San Diego
    My only gripe is that these GREAT Treo deals used to be featured front and center on Treocentral (or Visorcentral... anyone remember that?)

I fear that now Treocentral is its own "dealer" of Sprint products -- there is a TON less incentive for them to put these deals on their front page.

Come on guys -- prove me wrong. I've been a member for years, and you've always shown us the best deals. Don't let the conflict of interest hurt your users ;-).

Brian
    I decided to switch because I don't anywhere that kind of deal from T-mobile.
    29.95 for 250 minutes plus free weekends but no free nights. For $35 sprint gives me 300 minutes plus free nights and weekends.. And for $5 more nights start at 7pm. Also sprint is cheaper for full internet access (least on the 600) 15 vs 20.

That and a new 600 for $250 is hard to turn down....

For once I may be actually coming out ahead

regards,
    Fletch
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Brianp
    My only gripe is that these GREAT Treo deals used to be featured front and center on Treocentral (or Visorcentral... anyone remember that?)

I fear that now Treocentral is its own "dealer" of Sprint products -- there is a TON less incentive for them to put these deals on their front page.

Come on guys -- prove me wrong. I've been a member for years, and you've always shown us the best deals. Don't let the conflict of interest hurt your users ;-).

Brian
    I bet they won't. Why would they, the new price is a lot less than their partners. Too bad. In about 6 months the 600 will be going for around $150. Can't wait. Thanks to all you beta testers for working out the kinks for us!
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Good news: Amazon must have them back in stock as I just saw that my 600 has been shipped from a Distro in Texas. Tracking # not showing up at Fed ex yet, but still much better than the month delay I was expecting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast