Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This morning I sent a question to treocentral customer support asking if they were going to do a price drop based on Amazons price. Here is the response:

---We don't know how they can offer it for $250. We would loose $150 (even after the sales comission) if we had that price.

Sorry...

Thanks,
    Marcus Adolfsson ---

....So, I went ahead and ordered off Amazon. After all available discounts, final cost = $229.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by cyberjnke
    This morning I sent a question to treocentral customer support asking if they were going to do a price drop based on Amazons price. Here is the response:

---We don't know how they can offer it for $250. We would loose $150 (even after the sales comission) if we had that price.

Sorry...

Thanks,
    Marcus Adolfsson ---

....So, I went ahead and ordered off Amazon. After all available discounts, final cost = $229.
    That is a really good price for a PDA of this caliber IMHO. I waited a year for until I got my 300 and was happy with the $99 price I got from Amazon with rebates. Next year when there is a new version of the 600 out (assuming) I will go ahead and upgrade. I should be able to make a good deal with Sprint since my phone and my wifes phone contracts will be up. Maybe Verizon will even jump on the bandwagon by then!
    Last edited by utey; 11/25/2003 at 06:23 PM.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Originally posted by cyberjnke

---We don't know how they can offer it for $250.
    Well that's an easy one. The answer is VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME... However many TreoCentral can sell I'm sure Amazon.com can and will sell several times more. So they get a better deal on the wholesale price. Also, Amazon can better afford to sell at a loss if that's the case. Plus, not every person who orders from Amazon.com will take advantage of the $200 rebate or some who do will not follow instructions and will be denied the rebate.
    Sprint's web site says they're out fo stock...dum dee dum dum.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

How did you get sprint to give you credit for signging a new contract? I can't for the life of me convince sprint to give me any money for signing a new contract (I'm currently without a contract).

??

how long have u been a sprint customer? i been one for 4 years.. hadn't bought a new phone in more then 2 years.. when I asked for the rebate they refused me.. when i finnally gave in and proceeded w/ the connection .. they said that due to my being a "longtime" customer.. they would give me the rebate w/ a new contract.. and my contract wasn't to expire till dec something

d.r.g.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Rebate extended

So I think I'll wait and not rush into it as I'm sure they will keep running rebates. And now with the keep your cell number option there is going to be fierce competition between carriers (I hope).
    Amazon says first come first serve-E.T.A around Christmas but several of us have recieved shipping notices and I watched mine travel from TX to Tenn thoughout lastnight/this morning.
    I 'd have it tommorow if it were not for T day. Oh well I am off Friday so I will get to play with it then.

Also my first 600 that I had for a few days had a contact corruption problem . When I would try to send out a picture using contacts the phone would reboot. I talked with the local sprint tech Friday and he told me he would get back to me after he looked into it. Well I just got off the phone with him . I told him I should be ok now as I had a new phone from amazon in transit and hoping for the best. He told me if I got another rev B (and had the problem) that he would need it for a few hours to fix it. So if you have this problem you might give your local sprint store a try.

This is a real positive check mark in my book (for the local sprint store-Mobile, Alabama) as I did not even buy the phone from them .

Regards,
    Fletch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12