Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Does the Treo 600 LED flash whenever a new SMS message comes in? I use that on my Tungsten W, allowing it to act a "silent" pager. My answering service sends me an SMS message whenever a message is left on the service.

I recently read that the Treo 600 LED doesn't flash when a new email message comes in, and I imagine that is true of SMS.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ralvy
    Does the Treo 600 LED flash whenever a new SMS message comes in? I use that on my Tungsten W, allowing it to act a "silent" pager. My answering service sends me an SMS message whenever a message is left on the service.

I recently read that the Treo 600 LED doesn't flash when a new email message comes in, and I imagine that is true of SMS.
    Anyone know anything about this? I'm considering moving from the Tungsten W to the Treo 600, but this is a deal breaker for me.
    At the moment, no - the LED only tells you battery, signal and charging information. It does not change during incoming calls/messages, nor does it tell you if calls/messages are waiting. There are, I believe, people working on developing something, and if we're lucky, there may at some point be an official patch for it, but we'll have to wait and see.
    No, but Treo Alert Mangager by PDA Apps will make your T600 remind you with an audio reminder and or vibrate. I even think you can have it flash the screen.

My 2-cents, Matt Burkhard