Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sprint Treo 600 - $249 after rebates at Amazon.com Well $249 if you sign up for 2 years or $299 with a 1 year contract.

Click Here for more info
    It's a deal for people who open a new account with Sprint.

Anyone who goes for it should try taking the offer to a Spint store to see if they will match the price. It might save you on out of pocket cost up front . A friend of mine was able to pay only $99 out of pocket for a Treo 300 a while back because his local Sprint store matched the price.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I tried to get my local Sprint store to price match Amazon on a Treo 300 earlier this year and they could/would not match the price. $200 of the rebate is from Amazon the rest is a sprint rebate that you could get anywhere. And yes this is for new Sprint customers only.
    Originally posted by bibojim
    And yes this is for new Sprint customers only.
    I didn't check the fine print, but I'm fairly certain that this is not quite correct. You may already know this (but others may not, which is why I'm clarifying it), but the deal probably requires that you open a new line of service for a minimum one-year commitment. You shouldn't need to be a "new Sprint customer."

So, for those who may be wondering...

1) If you're an existing Sprint customer who has already fulfilled your contract, you can get this phone but transferring your existing phone number could be tricky (or even impossible).

2) If you're an exisint Sprint customer who is still under contract, you'll need to keep that existing line active till you do (or pay an early termination fee).

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    DOH!

For those of us who set-up new Sprint accounts so we could buy this phone and used an upgrade, we got stiffed!

That Amazon discount is the same as the upgrade discount -- $200. The Sprint rebate is the same as for bringing your own phone and signing up for a two-year contract (though I only signed up for one year and am not sure if that option is available if you buy your phone through Spring).

In both cases, you get to the same price before shipping and tax.

And that's where Amazon ends up being a better deal by the $43.00 I paid for in tax and shipping from Handspring!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Um, 20 gbp as an upgrade from Orange in the UK, including a 32MB mmcard.
    Originally posted by joelbra
    DOH!

For those of us who set-up new Sprint accounts so we could buy this phone and used an upgrade, we got stiffed!

That Amazon discount is the same as the upgrade discount -- $200. The Sprint rebate is the same as for bringing your own phone and signing up for a two-year contract (though I only signed up for one year and am not sure if that option is available if you buy your phone through Spring).

In both cases, you get to the same price before shipping and tax.

And that's where Amazon ends up being a better deal by the $43.00 I paid for in tax and shipping from Handspring!

These offers just keep getting sweeter every week!
    I only see a 2-year contract option at that link. Is it because of my zip code, perhaps?
    Originally posted by macfreak
    I only see a 2-year contract option at that link. Is it because of my zip code, perhaps?
    The Amazon rebate just requires you to sign a minimum one-year contract. The Sprint rebate says "up to $150" which is for a two-year contract, but if you read the fine print it says that you'll get $100 for a one-year contract with the Treo 600.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I joined Sprint on the Sanyo 8100 8 months ago and bought the Treo 600 from Amazon. Planned to get the $200 from them and the $100 from Sprint by signing a 1 year contract as I was month to month on the 8100.

I explained this to CSRs on both in advance. SPrint then said no as I was not a customer for 18 months and also I did not want a new phone number.

Amazon is being iffy - trying to see if my willingness to sign the one year contract with SPrint will satosfy them but I think not as their fine print says a new service agreement and SPrint said this is a contract renewal not a new service agreement.

ANy thoughts - I love the phone so will likely just suck it up - my fault for not researching more thoroughly but if anyone has ideas they would be most appreciated.

Thx, JSJSJS
    Robotron - I planned to open a new Sprint account, but the CSR at Sprint noticed that I used to be a customer years ago and set it up as a "renewal."

I'm concerned about this myself, and am considering returning the phone.

Amazon indicated in an e-mail that they thought I'd get the rebate, but I remain skeptical.
    Here is the -questionable- reply I got from Amazon customer service.

Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

In regards to your question you will still qualify for the rebates
    offered. Here is some info to help you get a better perspective on
    the situation.

To qualify for the rebates in our Cell Phones and Service store, you
    must purchase a phone and accompanying service plan from our
    website. To be certain you will qualify for the rebate, please be
    sure that both the phone and plan are in your shopping cart before
    you click "Proceed to Checkout." Rebates are not valid for orders
    containing only an upgrade phone (phone without service plan).

If you already have an existing account and wish to obtain a second
    line of service (for a family member, employee, etc.), you will
    qualify for the rebate if you purchase and activate the phone with
    a new service plan and new phone number from Amazon.com as described
    above.

These rebate restrictions are posted on our website:

http://www.amazon.com/o/tg/feature/-...bosnation0e-20

Rest assured, if you have placed a qualifying order for one or more
    phones on or before the expiration date of the promotion, your order
    will be eligible for the rebate on each phone. Even if your order
    ships or is activated after the expiration date of the promotion,
    your order will qualify as long as the order was placed on or before
    the expiration date. To qualify for the rebates phones must be
    purchased with an accompanying service plan from Amazon.com.

All qualifying rebates from Amazon.com that are available in our Cell
    Phones and Service store will be sent to you in the form of a check.
    You can print the form for your rebate directly from our website:

http://www.amazon.com/o/tg/feature/-...bosnation0e-20

Click each coupon to enlarge it, then print it using your browser's
    "Print" option. If several coupon pages are displayed, please make
    sure you print and fill out all of them.

If you experience any difficulty, please respond to this message and
    we'll be happy to fax or mail you a copy of the coupon.

Please note that most manufacturers require that you send in the
    original UPC barcode, so please keep the item's packaging until the
    coupon arrives. Also, if you need a receipt to enclose with the
    rebate form, you can print an invoice for your order by clicking
    the "Your Account" link at the top of our website and then selecting
    the link to "Print invoices."

As stated on the rebate coupon, please allow 8-10 weeks for
    processing and mailing your rebate. If after 10 weeks you have not
    received your rebate, you may call 1-866-348-2492 or visit
    www.rebatestatus.com for an update.

If you have any further questions, please visit our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/?tag=webosnation0e-20

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.
    I spoke at length to a CSR at Amazon in the cell phone department who assured me I would be OK - I explained exactly what I was doing, same number, etc. Then he sent me the same dubious email

I am going to call back as I got his name and supervisor and try to get a clear answer. I will post back when I get this resolved one way or the other

JSJSJS
    Anyone have any idea how long the wait is for an Amazon Treo 600 at this point or recently?
    For what it's worth, a couple of weeks ago, I went to my local Sprint store and used their computer and showed the store manager the ad on Amazon. They matched the deal and, after signing up for a new 2-year contract, I walked out with my new Treo 600. In order to match the deal, though, after all the waiving of fees and knocking as much as they could off the price of the Treo, they ended up giving me store credit for the last $16.00 for some Treo accessories when they come in. So if you don't want to wait on Amazon and can find a Sprint store with a Treo 600 in stock, they can match the Amazon deal if they want to.
    But didn't you have to pay tax on the original $599 price? That's another $50 that I saved by going through amazon. not tax, free shipping. Looooove that amazon!
    Nope. my NET was $249.
    I have been with Sprint for 3 years on a non-data plan, and I just went off contract. If I call up CS and tell them I will pay $15 more a month to add Vision, and I'll sign a two year contract, and in return I want the Treo 600 for $249 or I'm taking my phone number somewhere else, what are the chances this will fly?
    I don't know, but it's certainly worth a try. From my experience, the first person I talked to didn't seem receptive when I asked her to match Amazon's deal. But then the store manager came over to see what was going on and I showed him the Amazon deal and he said, let's help this guy, and, about an hour later, I had my new Treo. I had never been with Sprint before. It seems to me that your having already been a customer, they should be even more willing to accomodate you out of loyalty. Good Luck!
    I called Amazon and spoke to the cell phone department. Explained exactly what I was doin and they said again you will get the $200 rebate. He then noted it on my order with his name. SO I feel OK but we will see. I will post back once the dust settles in January and I send this in .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast