Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm using Treo600SMS but this happens with or without the application enabled.

I go to send a new message, get the "Get from Contact List" ... goes to the contact list ... select the number and hit ok and the Treo600 soft resets.

As I said, this happens with both Treo600SMS enable and disabled.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

David
    Same issues here.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by AfroCreame
    Same issues here.
    Great <sigh> ... I've been back and forth by email with PDAApps and it doesn't appear to be their application. While I'm happy with them, I wish it was, since I know we'd get a fix real fast.

I wonder if it is even worth trying to contact Handspring, doubting a fix will ever come ... this is going to make SMS when Sprint turns it on difficult to use if I have to remember the phone numbers all the time versus pulling them out of the address book.
    I'm pretty sure that this is a Treo600SMS problem, regardless of whether it's "deactivated". Among other things, I don't see this problem and it's pretty absurd that Handspring would ship the product with a bug as glaring.

If you want to rule out Treo600SMS, you need to REMOVE it from your treo completely and then RESET. Otherwise, there is still the chance (likelihood, I would say) that Treo600SMS is still at work.

Of course, I'll be happy to be proven wrong...

Marc
    Does it also reset when using the same lookup technique when addressing pictures when trying to share them or when doing the same addressing technique with sprints regular built-in sms service? Curious cause I don't use 600SMS but mine resets in the same manner as yours when addressing pictures to share or taggin a SMS message. If yours does also then it isn't an app issue but something with the phone that many people seem to have issues with...
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by itlan
    Does it also reset when using the same lookup technique when addressing pictures when trying to share them or when doing the same addressing technique with sprints regular built-in sms service? Curious cause I don't use 600SMS but mine resets in the same manner as yours when addressing pictures to share or taggin a SMS message. If yours does also then it isn't an app issue but something with the phone that many people seem to have issues with...
    Yep ... even if I uninstall Treo600SMS it crashes when trying to use the built in SMS feature. It appears to be a Treo problem ... I just tried the picture app and it never even gets to the contact list ... crashes right away when I try to select "Pick from Contact List" ....

I can't believe they didn't have someone take this home for a few days and find this problem ... seems to be a very glaring problem.
    Welcome to the club, if you do a search on my name you'll see a bunch of posts and people who have this issue. Everyone has called HS and the sad thing is they aren't tracking this as an issue. Everyone who calls in gets told they have never heard of this problem despite the fact that multiple people have called them! Great support!

With the amount of people who have this issue it has to be a hardware issue. My plan is to nab a new phone once the local store gets em in stock.....
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by itlan
    With the amount of people who have this issue it has to be a hardware issue. My plan is to nab a new phone once the local store gets em in stock.....
    Don't think that will help. I just got mine from Handspring last Thursday ... Rev C which I understand is the latest ... Unless they come out with another Revision or update, I guess we're all up the creek.
    If thats the case the maybe it's just something in certain phones and not a rev issue.......................I just wish HS would acknowledge it as an issue but they are clueless.
    There are still more possibilities to consider besides hardware...

1) Could someone confirm that after removing Treo600SMS and then resetting, that this still happens.

2) Is it possible that the contacts database is somehow corrupted (don't ask me how). Maybe remove the database (obviously, back it up first) and then see if this still happens.

If it's really a hardware problem, then EVERYONE should see it, right? Since there are people who DON'T, then I think it's worth looking elsewhere.

The BEST way to determine if it's hardware is to hard-reset the Treo, then load back your contacts, and THEN see if it happens (with NOTHING else loaded). Otherwise, I'm still very skeptical.

Marc
    mblank, what you suggest has been attempted abunch of times by a bunch of different people. Every scenario you can imagine, hard reset, nothing installed, no 3rd party apps, only sync the contacts blam. It is something in the sync, if you enter all your contacts manually it works like a charm, if you ever sycn with your pc it corrupts it and causes it to reset. Syncs, with different conduits, different versions of Palm Desktop, Syncing with different sources, Palm Desltop vs Outlook, doesnt matter. A sync with the pc causes it. So I don't know if it is strictly hardware more so it is a certain combination of hardware with a sync.
    I just tried to send a SMS message after looking up a number in the contact list and got the same message I always do. "Message not delivered"
    if the number that you're using has a +1 in it, then thats why it doesnt work. try to remove it, and have only 10digts (areacode+number) and try again.
    i have version a, i have no problems sending pics from my contact list or grabbing names or numbers from contacts to sms. no resets.

any new updates on when sms will be available from sprint?
    I have a Rev. B and am not experiencing any problems as well. I would also suspect that perhaps some inconsistencies in the format of numbers or addresses in the contact database or some corruption. I wish you luck in finding a solution!
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by image
    if the number that you're using has a +1 in it, then thats why it doesnt work. try to remove it, and have only 10digts (areacode+number) and try again.
    I wish it was that simple. I only have 10 names/numbers in my contact database, and checked them all ... it crashes even without any of the numbers have +1 in front of them.

It does appear that Outlook puts them there automatically.
    Please try the fix I posted here. It might fix your problem.

Conrad
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by Conrad
    Please try the fix I posted here. It might fix your problem.

Conrad
    Conrad, gave it a try, and no go ... it worked ok "once" then crashed ... went back in and confirmed the files were still marked "read only" .... <sigh>
  19.    #19  
    Since the crash seems related to the Contact list, what file is the contact list stored in so I can try deleting that, and then manually enter all 10 of my contacts via the treo only and turn off the hot synch portion of contact.

From reading past posts, it seems to be related to a corrupted contact list, and possible something from sync.

Has anyone tried this?

David
    as i stated my device is not having this problem. i do not sync with outlook however. i use the palm desk top. have you considered outlook sync as a possible reason.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast