Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    as i stated my device is not having this problem. i do not sync with outlook however. i use the palm desk top. have you considered outlook sync as a possible reason.
    Yes, I have ... I've had hints of this being the problem from other posts ... but I've also had others say that they see the same problem when synch with the Palm Desktop.

    So how do I delete the contacts list within the phone so I can start fresh?
  2. #22  
    Just do a hard reset and enter them manually. Make sure to turn off that sync conduit and youll be fine and get all your other data back on the next sync. It does work fine when enetered manually. Only issue is if your phone ever hard resets or crashes youll have to re-enter your contacts manually. Not feasible for me woth 75 contacts but if you only have 10 this would serve as a decent work around and the occassional hard reset wouldnt be that hard to recover from for you.


    P.S. I also tried that Filez hack and it didn't work for me, Thanks for attempt though.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by itlan
    Just do a hard reset and enter them manually. Make sure to turn off that sync conduit and youll be fine and get all your other data back on the next sync. It does work fine when enetered manually. Only issue is if your phone ever hard resets or crashes youll have to re-enter your contacts manually. Not feasible for me woth 75 contacts but if you only have 10 this would serve as a decent work around and the occassional hard reset wouldnt be that hard to recover from for you.
    I use Backupman to backup to an SD card. I assume I need to delete the contact database some way from there, since if I restore after the hard reset, it will bring back that same problem database. How do I prevent that from happening?

    There must be a way to delete the appropriate file with Filez before doing a final backup with Backupman and then restoring everything else?

    I'm afraid if I don't restoring with Backupman will just return me to the same problem.

    David
  4. #24  
    I'm not so sure. If you enter them manually and backup to the SD card I bet on a restore it would work fine and give you a nice recovery method. I have a feeling the corruption happens only when using the sync with the pc and will not happen when syncing to the SD. The reason being is that with backupman you are just copying the current db over to the sd card. With the pc the sync is more complex and looks like it modifies the db for compatibility with the PD/Outlook somewhat. Give it a test, I would be interested to know but thats how I would bet
  5.    #25  
    Originally posted by itlan
    I'm not so sure. If you enter them manually and backup to the SD card I bet on a restore it would work fine and give you a nice recovery method. I have a feeling the corruption happens only when using the sync with the pc and will not happen when syncing to the SD. The reason being is that with backupman you are just copying the current db over to the sd card. With the pc the sync is more complex and looks like it modifies the db for compatibility with the PD/Outlook somewhat. Give it a test, I would be interested to know but thats how I would bet
    So, deleting all my contacts on the T600 should give me an empty database? I'm afraid that even if I do that, the contact database will still have some type of corruption even after backing it up to the SD card. I would love to make sure that the contact database if free of any corruption before sending it to the SD card.
  6. #26  
    I dont think youll have a problem. With backupman it just copies the DB over. Syncing with the pc I think causes the corruption because the file does some sort of modification of the db to be comaptible with the source (PD vs Outlook). Since you are backing up with backupman vs syncing with the conduit I doubt youll have this issue. Give it a tes but I'd bet it doesnt get corrupted using Backupman.

    - Reset your treo
    - turn off any contact syncing with the pc
    - enter them manually on the treo
    - backup with backupman
    - hard reset the treo and see if the backupman copy DB is still ok. I bet it is.
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by itlan
    I dont think youll have a problem.I bet it is.
    Well, it appears it might be a workaround .. before making a final backup with Backupman I manually erased all of the entries in my Contact list. Then ran backupman, hard reset, and restored. Then installed a couple of contacts and tried picture share/sms ... no crashes so far ...

    Also tried calling Handspring about this ... they referred me to Sprint who told me to call Handspring since it isn't a carrier issue but hardware ... Handspring told me that that was wrong and to call Sprint again .... what a waste of time.
  8. #28  
    Originally posted by itlan
    I dont think youll have a problem. With backupman it just copies the DB over. Syncing with the pc I think causes the corruption because the file does some sort of modification of the db to be comaptible with the source (PD vs Outlook). Since you are backing up with backupman vs syncing with the conduit I doubt youll have this issue. Give it a tes but I'd bet it doesnt get corrupted using Backupman.

    - Reset your treo
    - turn off any contact syncing with the pc
    - enter them manually on the treo
    - backup with backupman
    - hard reset the treo and see if the backupman copy DB is still ok. I bet it is.
    Maybe I am coming into this movie late, but are you all saying that:

    a) Sprint 600's don't send and receive SMS messages AND
    b) Treo600SMS (does that come preloaded?) is a workaround that blows up phones?

    Is it an Outlook sync problem? If so, that's a REAL mess of a problem since Outlook is the biggest corporate system going.

    Is the Sprint SMS issue a Treo based problem? I find it amazing that people on the Sprint system can't go back and forth with others on other systems with burst sms sessions. In this day and age, that is a HUGE loss.
  9. #29  
    Ok last night I ran across this issue without knowing of this Thread. It seems that there is a HUGE problem with the SMS

    To repro open SMS and hit respond then reply (this will open a chat thread) now tap anywere in the upper text box, bang......soft reset


    This was done on 4 different T6s Rev A,B 2 Cs every time even after a Hard rest with a clean device.

    Hello HS, can you hear me???
  10. #30  
    I have my own issues with sms (and/or treo600sms), but i followed the respond-reply-tap instructions several times and failed to reset at all. i have hardware revision c.

    My first issue is going into sms and getting just a white screen. Only resolution is to reset. The second issue is picking up the phone and noticing a "cancelling" message, and the phone is locked up. Apparently a message is being downloaded, or about to be and something goes ary. Again, only solution is to rest.

    Any ideas on those?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions