1.    #1  
    Is there an app that can overclock the treo 600? I have seen lightspeed, but it is for the xscale processors.

ALso, I have noticed a big difference in speed if I do a warm reset as opposed to a soft reset. Is there a way to find out what is loading on a soft reset that would cause it to run slowly? Program that lets you see and change the apps or dbs that are loading?
    I don't think there any apps to overclock the OMAP proc. I don't know too much of the techincal details but its not as simple to overclock OMAP as xsale...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I found an app that is working great. PXA clocker I am running at close to 600mhz with no problems. The overclocking makes up for the sluggish performance.

http://www.hexview.com/pxa/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I found an app that is working great. PXA clocker I am running at close to 600mhz with no problems. The overclocking makes up for the sluggish performance.

http://www.hexview.com/pxa/index.html
    The vendor does not include the Treo 600 on the list of supported platforms. Are running this program on the Treo 600?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    what settings do you use?
  6.    #6  
    the 600 is not supported it is not an xscale processor the 650 is. I changed the sys to 182 and that inturn changes the cpu clock to 546mhz. I also checked the skip quit box for running apps off the sd card. Sorry I just realized this is the 600 hardware thread should of been 650.
    Last edited by jayzee; 11/30/2004 at 11:29 AM.
    I am running sys169(507mhz) on my 650 and app switching is flying.
    Damn. So we can't OC the 600?

What's the 650 come at stock?
  9.    #9  
    The 650 is a 312mhz xscale processor.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    wow talk about hijacked.. who cares about the 650. we are asking about the 600's possibility of being overclocked
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User
    bump
    bump
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)