Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by zgraff
    Does anyone have the real PowerTools or are these jokers just playing games here?
    I think they're just f****** with us. I, too, am disappointed.
    I noticed that when sending pictures with Picture Send (Sprint), the default size is 468 x 351, and the pictures look much better than their 640 x 480 or even 320 x 240 counterparts. The Treo's default jpeg compression is ostensibly optimized for Picture Send/MMS and not standard VGA.

Try sending your desktop POP client one of your pictures via Picture Send or MMS, then try doing the same via an email attachment on your Treo mail client, and see the difference for yourself. I'll try posting comparison shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This attachment is 640 x 480. The attachment in the previous post is the same image at 468 x 351.
    Hmmm. The comparison attachments don't demonstrate what I was talking about. I'm going to post comparison shots from images I sent myself. I'll be back . . .
    Let me try this again and see. First picture.
    Second picture.
    Ugh, no dice. I can't seem to replicate the results I got last night. I'll continue this in the test thread instead of wasting more bandwidth here. Sorry guys.
    I got my phone yesterday. I thought their was just something wrong with mine. Glad to hear all of our phones suck. Anyway when I was reading the manual the spec page mentioned auto light balance under camera. Any hacker out there know how to get into a menu to lower it. Maybe into the service menu there is a value to lower.
    One question: What is this Fireworks thing I 've seen referred to a couple times? Is this an application that runs on Palms/ Treos, or it a desktop app?

I'm asking because I just bought the SD-100 (to replace my S230) so I swap memory and send pics from my Canon Digicam over email from the Treo (and post to my blog). The thing is, most of the time I'll take pics at high-res (3 Megapixels), but i wouldn't necessarily want to post or email full-rez pictures. Is there an app for the Palm that lets me resize images right on the Treo-- preferably from the memory card?
    Originally posted by jakerome
    One question: What is this Fireworks thing I 've seen referred to a couple times? Is this an application that runs on Palms/ Treos, or it a desktop app?
    This is a desktop app from Macromedia.

The thing is, most of the time I'll take pics at high-res (3 Megapixels), but i wouldn't necessarily want to post or email full-rez pictures. Is there an app for the Palm that lets me resize images right on the Treo-- preferably from the memory card?
    Sadly, no AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $At$ $least$ $not$ $yet$. $I$ $sent$ $some$ $emails$ $to$ $some$ $developers$ $of$ $Palm$ $OS$ &$quot$;$paint$&$quot$; $programs$ $a$ $while$ $back$ $asking$ $them$ $about$ $this$ $but$ $nothing$ $came$ $of$ $it$. $There$ $are$ $at$ $least$ $2$-$3$ $apps$ $for$ $the$ $Pocket$ $PC$ $that$ $will$ $let$ $you$ $resize$, $crop$, $rotate$, $and$ $more$, $but$ $no$ $Palm$ $OS$ $app$ $that$ $will$ $let$ $you$ $even$ $resize$, $crop$, $and$ $rotate$. $I$'$ve$ $talked$ $about$ $wanting$ $to$ $do$ $this$ $very$ $thing$ $you$ $describe$ $before$ $and$ $I$'$d$ $much$ $rather$ $do$ $it$ $with$ $a$ $Palm$ $OS$ $device$ $than$ $a$ $PPC$ $as$ $I$ $prefer$ $the$ $OS$/$GUI$ $of$ $the$ $former$.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I'm asking because I just bought the SD-100 (to replace my S230) so I swap memory and send pics from my Canon Digicam over email from the Treo (and post to my blog). The thing is, most of the time I'll take pics at high-res (3 Megapixels), but i wouldn't necessarily want to post or email full-rez pictures. Is there an app for the Palm that lets me resize images right on the Treo-- preferably from the memory card?
    Checkout out photoBase:

Photo management isn't restricted to local images on your PDA. Access photos on storage cards, complete with EXIF information. You can even log into your online photo-sharing account to upload and download images. File transfer options can automatically resize images so they don't tax your PDA's resources too heavily. Having virtual access to your photo collections on the Web wherever you are means that friends and family can always be kept in the loop and never need to wait long for updated pictures.
    Thus, it won't allow you to resize images natively, but this could be a work-around where you could upload images, resize them and then download them back to your treo. Not a pretty solution but possible perhaps. Another nice app is Photogather but I don't believe it allows you to resize images...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sounds like an interesting idea, I hadn't quite thought of that. It may be handy for when I want to post a pic or 2 to my blog, not as useful when emailing a dozen pictures to friends.

But now that I think about it, imagemagick (sp?) is installed on my Movable Type blog, so I could probably resize the images right on the server. That may be a better workaround for now. Thanks for the suggestion!
    For those who think the Treo camera can't take good photos, take a look at the attached. You just need the right lighting conditions.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Thus, it won't allow you to resize images natively, but this could be a work-around where you could upload images, resize them and then download them back to your treo. Not a pretty solution but possible perhaps.
    I don't know...that sounds like a recipe for getting your unlimited Vision suspended.

Jake, does the SD100 allow you to resize, crop, and copy photos within the camera itself? I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Pentax Optio S appears to be capable of that (though, a bit oddly, no rotate). I've been thinking of eBaying my old Canon S100 and getting the Optio S.

Scott
    I saw the suggestion to resize in camera while reading another thread. I went through all the menus, and I could find no such option unfortunately. I also downloaded Darkroom, but it doesn't seem to work very well & spontaneously reset my Palm. I saw elsewhere the creator of SplashPhoto is considering adding the re-sizing feature, and I'm holding out hope for that-- SplashPhoto is a really nice app.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I saw the suggestion to resize in camera while reading another thread.
    Hmm. Umm, menu->picture->downsize.
    I also downloaded Darkroom, but it doesn't seem to work very well & spontaneously reset my Palm.
    Acoording to the site, Darkroom only supports high rez devices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Acoording to the site, Darkroom only supports high rez devices...
    Sadly, the Zodiac is not among them.

Scott
    Originally posted by skidoo
    Hmm. Umm, menu->picture->downsize.
    You know he's talking about resizing photos inside his Canon SD100, right?

Scott
    I'd like the utilities too. Please email them to me at jgeller29 at yahoo dot com.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast