Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS
    Well, for the benefit of my great friends here at T|C, I have decided to release, under a limited license with only email support, the LATEST available build for PowerTools

Here is the Zip file. Contained are instructions, binaries and the license. PLEASE READ THE README.TXT FILE. IT IS CRITICAL TO THE INSTALLATION. DO NOT SKIP WHAT IT SAYS TO DO.

Attached is the file, as a .TXT so that it could be attached to a post. Simply remove the .TXT when saving to allow Zip programs to decompress it. The final name should be:

powertools-0.6.9-beta-public.en.zip

Cheers.

Can you please email me a zipped copy of the final PowerTools release candidate? I tried to download it from your post, but it keeps showing up as a TXT file rather than a Zip file. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

Can you please email me a zipped copy of the final PowerTools release candidate? I tried to download it from your post, but it keeps showing up as a TXT file rather than a Zip file. Thanks in advance.
    Just clip the .txt extension off and it will decompress as a zip file.

NateS
    Does anyone have the actual program and not a couple of games said to be some miracle camera fix?

Tell us where to download it...
    Originally posted by horsmanp
    some miracle camera fix?
    Oh my god, guy -- think about it for a minute or two, for crying out loud.
    Whoa... thanks for posting that! My image quality went up dramatically after installing the PRC.
    Originally posted by NateS

Just clip the .txt extension off and it will decompress as a zip file.

NateS
    Thanks, but it looks like someone removed the original file and instead uploaded a game. This isn't PowerTools.

Steve: Please repost the final release version of PowerTools (assuming you don't think Handspring will sue you). If you can't post it here, can you at least email me a copy? Thanks.
    can anyone plz explain what happened? i don't think some people got the version i got of the file. if anyone wants what i got, i guess i could email them to ya. the real program, as ksfhhllp pointed out, does wonders for the camera pics. it would be a shame for some users to miss out on it. ill try to help if i can. thx.
    Hypothesis:

"If you have enough monkeys
    banging randomly on typewriters,
    they will eventually type the works
    of William Shakespeare."

Proof:
    http://user.tninet.se/~ecf599g/aardasnails/java/Monkey/webpages/
    Ok, WTF? What the heck is going on here? How did the file get removed and replaced? Is that even possible? Who put games inside the file, how did that happen? Is this someone's idea of a joke. It's definitely not very funny? That program was the fruit of many hard hours of coding, I did NOT intend for it to be ridiculed like this. This is definitely not very nice. Gimme a sec to try to fix this mess. Jesus.
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS
    Ok, WTF? What the heck is going on here? How did the file get removed and replaced? Is that even possible? Who put games inside the file, how did that happen? Is this someone's idea of a joke. It's definitely not very funny? That program was the fruit of many hard hours of coding, I did NOT intend for it to be ridiculed like this. This is definitely not very nice. Gimme a sec to try to fix this mess. Jesus.

Steve, please send me a copy of the final release version of PowerTools. I assume you still have my email address from the beta group.

It's not my place to tell you what to do, but I really don't think you should post PowerTools here again. Handspring staff lurk at Treocentral all the time and they're going to hear about what you're doing very quickly. You're exposing yourself to a potential lawsuit, since the app is now Handspring's intellectual property. Be careful.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'd love to see your work. Please e-mail it to skidoo at trip23 dot com.
    Cool - second public exhibition of a hack attack against the TREO.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Cool - second public exhibition of a hack attack against the TREO.
    I wouldn't say that....

It's about enthuseasts trying to make a great product even bettter!!
    I found it's especially hard to maintain a grip on this Treo in the cold weather. In the morning, when I saw it had started to snow, I figured for protection, I'd put a small piece of gaffer tape over the top, covering the sd slot and switches. Walking down the street, I raised the Treo up over my head to photograph a electric walk sign, and sure enough it went flying and landed in a snow bank. There was no problem finding it with the bright screen. I brushed off the snow and luckily nothing happened to it.

Later I went to the supermarket and found some plastic bags that are a good fit. If you can, buy the generic 6 1/2" x 3 1/2" reclosable snack bags. This also worked well with my Nikon 2500. You just cut out a hole for the lens and use tape around the lens. I also put some pieces on the body of the Treo for a better grip. Gaffer tape is great because it's easily removeable and leaves no residue. You could also put a small bag of silica gel in the bag to absorb any moisture.

Also, I took a test shot to check how the fixed focus lens works at close range. (see attached) I'm also putting this image and other tests on text america: http://treocam.textamerica.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    I'm also putting this image and other tests on text america: http://treocam.textamerica.com/
    Excellent photos on your textamerica site. Seriously.

Yeah, they clearly demonstrate the 600's camera is worthless. Uh-huh. I sell bridges cheap too.
    No it ain't 5MP but a 5MP camera doesn't do you any good if it's at home when you need it. I just got my T600 a couple of days ago and already got some great shots fishing.

I know you Yankees will make fun of me, but at 5:30 in the morning that 24 degree weather on the lake is MIGHTY COLD!!!
    Pretty good haul:
    Could some one please send me the real treo 600 power tools? Thanks a lot, presidente. davidpr at hotmail dot com
    but it would be great to get better camera performance...
    It's funny that a lot of the issues I have with the Treocam are the same I would have for a higher-end digicam: highlights burning out, color too saturated, etc. You can't really fix the contrast problems using settings on a better camera. You can tone down the color even choosing B&W if you want. The convenience and quickness of the Treocam begins to make it a very attractive digital camera.

I've started shooting B&W with the Treo (just zero the color saturation in Fireworks), and will probably also tone the color as needed. The contrast still remains and lighting and subject problem.

Skidoo: thanks for the comments. I'm getting some good feedback on my text america blog, and I'll continue to add description of techniques that make this camera a better performer.

Mcgruff: That's a nice silouette and it demonstrates the Treo's preference for focusing on the near object making the background seem distant. This is very characteristic of a wide angle lens. The fixed focus lens is a great convenience. Most people won't admit this. But you do have to move in close to take fullest advantage of this lens. Shooting something from across a street just takes so much to try to hold the image together. You wind standing in the middle of traffic to get the right distance.
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
    Does anyone have the real PowerTools or are these jokers just playing games here?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast