Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by skidoo
    From the Phone App, select Options/Phone Info.

"Hardware: B"
    Hey skidoo, is that Visual Studio running in one of your pics? What language is that?

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    OK. I had completely given up on using the camera in my Treo600. Now I see links to downloads that may help in getting decent pictures out of the thing, but they are dead.

Can anyone provide a link to the PowerTools and CCD EMU downloads ?
    Originally posted by KKenna
    No.

(You'll be able to figure out why not if you think about it.)
    OK. I had completely given up on using the camera in my Treo600. Now I see links to downloads that may help in getting decent pictures out of the thing, but they are dead.

You want PowerTools and CCD Emu? I could sell you my registered copies if you really want them. How bad do you want the apps?

And are you prepared to dance for them? Dance for me KKenna! Dance!

Originally posted by The Chupacabra

You want PowerTools and CCD Emu? I could sell you my registered copies if you really want them. How bad do you want the apps?
    And are you prepared to dance for them? Dance for me KKenna! Dance!
    Don't buy anything from this guy, he's gonna rip you off. He's got an older version of the CCD Emu and an UNREGISTERED version of PowerTools. For the real deal you need to go to palmdango or handgear and do a search. They will be offered at a reduced price starting feb. 30th, so I would wait a little bit.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by LORDOFTHETREOS

Don't buy anything from this guy, he's gonna rip you off. He's got an older version of the CCD Emu and an UNREGISTERED version of PowerTools. For the real deal you need to go to palmdango or handgear and do a search. They will be offered at a reduced price starting feb. 30th, so I would wait a little bit.

Cheers.
    That's an utter lie. Both of my apps are licensed versions of these programs and they're no longer available from Handspring at any price. I was one of the beta testers for both apps and we were all given full licences from Handspring before they were pulled from distribution.

PowerTools and CCD Emu will no longer be released due to Palm's concerns that inexperienced users will damage their Treos when changing the submenu settings. Your loss. There were probably only 100 or so beta testers involved with these projects and I doubt anyone else would be willing to sell their copies.

That's an utter lie. Both of my apps are licensed versions of these programs and they're no longer available from Handspring at any price. I was one of the beta testers for both apps and we were all given full licences from Handspring before they were pulled from distribution.

PowerTools and CCD Emu will no longer be released due to Palm's concerns that inexperienced users will damage their Treos when changing the submenu settings. Your loss. There were probably only 100 or so beta testers involved with these projects and I doubt anyone else would be willing to sell their copies.
    You forget, my good colleague, that I -created- PowerTools. That's right, I was the chief software architect for handspring's mobile applications division. I specifically recall giving you your license, and it was invalidated at the end of the beta period. Ever since, it was downgraded to vulgar "unregistered" status. Don't try to lie to us, Chupa, the deceit ends here. I also contacted the CSA of the CCD Emu project, at gill@bates.com, and he pointed out to me a similar scenario regarding your license with said program. You are correct in pointing out it is registered, but he clearly put your version at no more than 0.0.6.6.6, when everybody knows usable betas were only available after the 0.0.7.7.7 builds. Anyway, Cabra, show's over for you.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Hey skidoo, is that Visual Studio running in one of your pics? What language is that?

Cheers.
    C#

You forget, my good colleague, that I -created- PowerTools. That's right, I was the chief software architect for handspring's mobile applications division. I specifically recall giving you your license, and it was invalidated at the end of the beta period. Ever since, it was downgraded to vulgar "unregistered" status. Don't try to lie to us, Chupa, the deceit ends here. I also contacted the CSA of the CCD Emu project, at gill@bates.com, and he pointed out to me a similar scenario regarding your license with said program. You are correct in pointing out it is registered, but he clearly put your version at no more than 0.0.6.6.6, when everybody knows usable betas were only available after the 0.0.7.7.7 builds. Anyway, Cabra, show's over for you.

Cheers.

Damn you, LORD! Damn you! I didn't realize that was you, Steve. While my beta "officially" expired, you know as well as I do that there are no limitations to the betas even though they show "Unregistered" on the About screen. All funtionality remains intact.

Those familiar with PowerTools know it gives easy access to programmer level instruction sets on the Treo 600 and allows even a newbie to customize the Treo 600's GUI in under five minutes. This is the most powerful PalmOS application ever created and should have been included with all Treos. I feel I'm providing the Treo community a service by distributing PowerTools.

And regarding Gill: he's a personal friend of mine and I actually provided part of the code for CCD Emu. He's pulling your leg about the betas. I actually have the final release candidate (0.98c) running flawlessly on one of our Treo 600s. This app's tweaks allow the Treo 600 camera to emulate the resolution of a 2 MP digital camera! Gill's one of the most talented programmers I know and it's a shame CCD Emu was killed off.
    Damn you, LORD! Damn you! I didn't realize that was you, Steve. While my beta "officially" expired, you know as well as I do that there are no limitations to the betas even though they show "Unregistered" on the About screen. All funtionality remains intact.
    Blast! I did not realize that. I could have sworn that bug was ironed out in time for the public builds. Oh, well, it does no longer matter much...

Those familiar with PowerTools know it gives easy access to programmer level instruction sets on the Treo 600 and allows even a newbie to customize the Treo 600's GUI in under five minutes. This is the most powerful PalmOS application ever created and should have been included with all Treos. I feel I'm providing the Treo community a service by distributing PowerTools.
    Well, for the benefit of my great friends here at T|C, I have decided to release, under a limited license with only email support, the LATEST available build for PowerTools. After this make, PowerTools was shut down by the powers that be at HS. Rumour had it it was due to the merger. Any big improvement in the current Treo 600 family would diminish appeal in Hawkins' "next big thing." There you go, I was probably not supposed to say any of that, but since I WAS let go, I don't care either way. Where's HS' darn loyalty when you need it? Sigh...

Anyway, rejoice, for it is here. Enjoy it while it lasts, HS might ask me to pull it down before long. I will try to keep it up as much as possible. Chupa, thanks to you for your efforts. It was you who lit the fire of revenge within me. I can't appreciate that enough. Here is the Zip file. Contained are instructions, binaries and the license. PLEASE READ THE README.TXT FILE. IT IS CRITICAL TO THE INSTALLATION. DO NOT SKIP WHAT IT SAYS TO DO.

Attached is the file, as a .TXT so that it could be attached to a post. Simply remove the .TXT when saving to allow Zip programs to decompress it. The final name should be:

powertools-0.6.9-beta-public.en.zip

And regarding Gill: he's a personal friend of mine and I actually provided part of the code for CCD Emu. He's pulling your leg about the betas. I actually have the final release candidate (0.98c) running flawlessly on one of our Treo 600s. This app's tweaks allow the Treo 600 camera to emulate the resolution of a 2 MP digital camera! Gill's one of the most talented programmers I know and it's a shame CCD Emu was killed off.
    You are completely correct in this respect. Gill is one of the most competent programmers I have ever met. However, to say his app pulled the camera up to 2 MPs is a little of an overstatement. We all know It was more around 1.3 if not a bit less. For people looking for this util, I can't do much, because it is Gill's creation and only for him to decide what to do. Maybe Cabra will feel generous and work something up. I am powerless in this regard.

Good night to all, enjoy the program. CC, once again thanks. I am forever in your debt for motivation.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Good night to all, enjoy the program.
    Cheers.
    is this for real? will it really work? is it free? how coem we don't hav to pay for it? thx.
    Hypothesis:

"If you have enough monkeys
    banging randomly on typewriters,
    they will eventually type the works
    of William Shakespeare."

Proof:
    http://user.tninet.se/~ecf599g/aardasnails/java/Monkey/webpages/
    Originally posted by MichaelBuffalo

is this for real? will it really work? is it free? how coem we don't hav to pay for it? thx.
    hate to quote myself, but nevermind my previous comment. this program is fantastic. the things it can do are amazing. simply amazin. without this app, your treo is at a serious disavantage. hope it remains free. the chupacabra, could you PLEASE post ccd emu? thx.
    Hypothesis:

of William Shakespeare."

Proof:

Blast! I did not realize that. I could have sworn that bug was ironed out in time for the public builds. Oh, well, it does no longer matter much...

Well, for the benefit of my great friends here at T|C, I have decided to release, under a limited license with only email support, the LATEST available build for PowerTools. After this make, PowerTools was shut down by the powers that be at HS. Rumour had it it was due to the merger. Any big improvement in the current Treo 600 family would diminish appeal in Hawkins' "next big thing." There you go, I was probably not supposed to say any of that, but since I WAS let go, I don't care either way. Where's HS' darn loyalty when you need it? Sigh...

Anyway, rejoice, for it is here. Enjoy it while it lasts, HS might ask me to pull it down before long. I will try to keep it up as much as possible. Chupa, thanks to you for your efforts. It was you who lit the fire of revenge within me. I can't appreciate that enough. Here is the Zip file. Contained are instructions, binaries and the license. PLEASE READ THE README.TXT FILE. IT IS CRITICAL TO THE INSTALLATION. DO NOT SKIP WHAT IT SAYS TO DO.

Attached is the file, as a .TXT so that it could be attached to a post. Simply remove the .TXT when saving to allow Zip programs to decompress it. The final name should be:

powertools-0.6.9-beta-public.en.zip

You are completely correct in this respect. Gill is one of the most competent programmers I have ever met. However, to say his app pulled the camera up to 2 MPs is a little of an overstatement. We all know It was more around 1.3 if not a bit less. For people looking for this util, I can't do much, because it is Gill's creation and only for him to decide what to do. Maybe Cabra will feel generous and work something up. I am powerless in this regard.

Good night to all, enjoy the program. CC, once again thanks. I am forever in your debt for motivation.

Cheers.
    I can't believe you posted PowerTools! Handspring is going to sue your a$$, Steve. You'll never work as a Palm developer again. Mark my words. I'd STRONGLY suggest you remove this app before someone at Handspring finds out what you've done. Otherwise, I hope you have a good lawyer.

Yeah I was exaggerating a little about CCD Emu. You're right - it only increases the Treo 600 camera resolution to that of a 1.3 MP camera, but still, that's pretty impressive. Since you've gone and posted PowerTools, I might be persuaded to let people know where they might "accidentally" be able to download CCD Emu, if you know what I mean. If there's enough demand here I'll post a link in a day or so.
    Originally posted by MichaelBuffalo
    the chupacabra, could you PLEASE post ccd emu? thx.
    I'm not brave enough to post it here and risk getting sued by Handspring, but if enough people request it, I might post a link to where I've heard CCD Emu can be downloaded from. Please note I have NOTHING to do with the site that hosts the app. And please don't email me asking for the program.
    Boy, I'd sure like to "accidentally" stumble across that CCD Emu somewhere....(Hint, hint)....
    From the readme.txt file
    Included are two versions of PowerTools
    PowerTools_debug.prc
    also known as
    Héctor C. Abril B.'s game Nibbles

PowerTools_release.prc
    also known as
    Sunflat's game SFCave

Thank you, PDBee.
    me too!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I sure would like my camera to improve in quality, so, I wish I could accidentally stumble across that CCD Emu somewhere
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Dickheads !!!
    Dickheads !!!
    dude, did you read the readme file? they clearly mentioned the release version is a little unstable. you can't balme them for irregular or undefined behaviour. did it not work for you? i suggest u try the debug version instead. give it a shot. thx.
    Hypothesis:

of William Shakespeare."

Proof:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast