Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Here are two night shots with perfect black, and no ill effects. I don't know how I did it.

Read my post on this SprintUsers thread to see how to take pictures in low light settings. Every night shot I've used in my avatars was taken with the Treo 600. I also embedded a couple of examples of night/low light pictures in the thread. I've attached one here as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah, I think we've pretty much established two facts (at least with rev B hardware, like my 600):

1. The camera's not GREAT, but it doesn't suck either.

2. It's certainly capable of capturing compelling and colorful images, in a variety of lighting environments.

Game over. The 600 wins.
    Originally posted by skidoo
    Game over. The 600 needs new software for the goddamn camera.
    Fixed.

I agree that the camera is both cool and crappy at the same time.

Gameboy70 -- thanks for the low-light instructions. Those are excellent observations. You rock!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

quote:
    The 600 needs new software for the goddamn camera.
    No, no. I didn't say that. Quite the contrary. It'd be NICE to get more comprehensive software for the Treo camera, but (unlike some), I'm not whining about it. What's there (when taken as a package) smokes everything else on the market. Please don't misquote me so blatantly.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Here is a pic that I took of my wifes new car on Monday Morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, no. I didn't say that.
    It's true -- I said that.

The camera works as is, just not well. When I say it needs new software, I'm just thinking that something like Gameboy70's low-light solution could be handled by software ...y'know, so we, like, wouldn't have to do it ourselves? Perhaps my misquote came across as kind of harsh. ...Yeah, probably.

Originally not posted by skidoo
    Please blatantly misquote me -- I love it!
    No problem, pal.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    On my rev B 600, I don't have to do anything special to take low-light pictures. Most of the pics here are in low or or diffuse lighting.
    I know my post was harsh, but I mean in no way to infer that the Treo itself is bad. I love it, and would not send it back no matter how bad the camera is. My point is that compared to every other camera I have ever used, this camera is a POS. Be it because of software adjustments that need to be made, firmware, or actual hardware. It makes no difference to me. As I posted with the pics of my cat. I was not able to take a decent pic in a VERY well lighted room.

http://ferrari.nu/davie/davie.htm

Am I being critical by calling it a POS? Sure... Come on guys, I have to complain about something, it's in my nature and I love the rest of the phone (Everything that is not sprint related anyway... SMS)!!!

Gameboy70, Thanks for the tips, I'm not sure if they will do any good as my problem seems to not be low light, but something to do with the camera not liking my lighting in my living room.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ferrarinu,

Is your cat okay?
    Originally posted by kamalot
    ferrarinu,

Is your cat okay?
    Haha, He's fine. He's such a loony cat! He sleeps like that. He also loves squishing himself under my couch. I have a great shot of his head hanging out from under the couch, he looks squished.

Those pics are what prompted me to gripe about the camera.

By the time I get up and get my Nikon, he will have moved to see what I'm doing.
    How do you tell if your T600 is Rev A or B?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Santron
    How do you tell if your T600 is Rev A or B?
    From the Phone App, select Options/Phone Info.

"Hardware: B"
    Originally posted by ferrarinu
    Ok, I have the perfect example of the camera adjusting the white balance or what ever it does... The link below is a series of shots taking in about 2 minutes. The difference is amusing to say the least.

I took a series of pics of my cat in my living room in an attempt to get 1 good pic. As you will notice I was not able to get a single good shot. The room these were taking in is roughly 15ft by 20 foot. I have a ceiling fan with 4 60 or 75 watt bulbs about 4 or 5 feet away from him, and a corner light about 3 feet in the opposite direction with 2 60 or 75 watt bulbs. Clearly not poor lighting!
    Dude, what's wrong with your cat?
    Originally posted by spiffyguyc

This is to funny! My Looney cat is getting more attention than the poor picture quality. My cat (Davie) Is just fine, he's just a big ball of funny fur!
    I think the last few posts truly illustrate the purpose of the Treo camera.

Sure it's not designed to win awards for image quality, but it is but a blink away for spontaneous photos, and if the photos are interesting enough in their own right, people totally disregard the image quality.

The medium IS the message.

- Alex
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    The medium IS the message.

- Malcolm
    Fixed.

(Before anyone goes and calls me a Nazi, I apologize for overuse of the "fixed" thing. I will knock it off now.)

Also: AlexMagoo is right on. Right on!
    Originally posted by spiffyguyc

It's obvious that the guy's cat has been dead for several years. He probably just can't admit it. (Ever see the movie, "Psycho"? What's that, Mother? But I don't want to kill spiffyguyc, Mother. OK, Mother...)
    Originally posted by snerdy I am a Nazi. I am proud to say "fixed" in every one of my posts and don't ever try to stop me, biitch.

Also: AlexMagoo is clueless.

Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    Ha ha -- you misspelled ...uh, you misspelled that one word.

Don't be dissin' on AlexMagoo -- at least he doesn't eat goats. (Hey AM -- you don't eat goats, do you?)
    Originally posted by snerdy

Ha ha -- you misspelled ...uh, you misspelled that one word.

Don't be dissin' on AlexMagoo -- at least he doesn't eat goats. (Hey AM -- you don't eat goats, do you?)

Actually I spelled it that way in case it would be automagically censored.

Mr. Magoo doesn't eat goats or suck goats dry. But rumor has it that he does F*CK goats!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast