1.    #1  
    Bought a Kingston 128 mb SD card for an HP camera. Could not get the camera to recognize the photos. Got it replaced by Kingston and same problem with the new one. My Sandisk SD card (from my Treo) worked fine in the camera, so the camera seems ok.

Tried the Kingston card in my Treo - it worked fine! BUT, it was nearly flush with the top and would not pop out when I tried to release it. A bit of panic ensued - but with a precision screwdriver I pried it out. Put my Sandisk back and all is well.

Bottom line - The Kingston SD card seems a bit thicker than others and may be a solution if you want to put in a card and leave it in - not pop it out often. It would eliminate the need to file down or wrap tape around it. It was in quite tightly in my Treo.

Obviously, YMMV.
    Last edited by dougef; 11/23/2003 at 06:50 AM.
    Thanks! It is exactly what I've been looking for.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I have a 512mb Kinston card that does pop out once in a while. It has also been filed down just a bit.

Ben

--------------

Originally posted by dougef
    Bought a Kingston 128 mb SD card for an HP camera. Could not get the camera to recognize the photos. Got it replaced by Kingston and same problem with the new one. My Sandisk SD card (from my Treo) worked fine in the camera, so the camera seems ok.

Tried the Kingston card in my Treo - it worked fine! BUT, it was nearly flush with the top and would not pop out when I tried to release it. A bit of panic ensued - but with a precision screwdriver I pried it out. Put my Sandisk back and all is well.

Bottom line - The Kingston SD card seems a bit thicker than others and may be a solution if you want to put in a card and leave it in - not pop it out often. It would eliminate the need to file down or wrap tape around it. It was in quite tightly in my Treo.

Obviously, YMMV.
    Kingston SD cards are a rebranded what? Are they panasonic, sandsik, or toshiba?
    Mine says Toshiba. Ben

Originally posted by eddietreo
    Kingston SD cards are a rebranded what? Are they panasonic, sandsik, or toshiba?