Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've got a beta/prerelease/whatever ready. It still has some weird quirks, but is mostly functional.

It's attached here. Let me know of any issues you have with it. So far on my list:

Doesn't work for 0/List Key
    After double-click changes a letter, you have to wait the timeout delay before you can hit the same letter again.

For more info on what KeyCapsHack does go here: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=45932

Also, if someone wants to design an icon for it, that'd be great.

KeyCaps600 can now be download at: http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

Edit: Removed attachment and posted link to new download location.
    Last edited by metsfan; 11/26/2003 at 02:45 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Installed and working fine. Haven't noticed anything yet to report. You're a prince! Thanks for making our Treos better.

(Donated just a minute ago.)
    Originally posted by metsfan
    I've got a beta/prerelease/whatever ready. It still has some weird quirks, but is mostly functional.

It's attached here. Let me know of any issues you have with it. So far on my list:

Doesn't work for 0/List Key
    After double-click changes a letter, you have to wait the timeout delay before you can hit the same letter again.

For more info on what KeyCapsHack does go here: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=45932

Also, if someone wants to design an icon for it, that'd be great.
    WOW! Thanks Metsfan!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Any way to get it to not disable the QuickKeys in the phone app? I like those.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by rfg17
    Any way to get it to not disable the QuickKeys in the phone app? I like those.
    I'll stick that on my todo list.
    It's wonderful! I never understood all the buzz until I installed it on my 600 just a few minutes ago.

Thank you!

BTW, I second the phone app issue, that stings a bit.

-Rob
    Ok. Read the page on PalmGear. Still unsure what it does.. Quick explanation on why I would use it? Always up for a good app to help simplify my life..

Thanks

Josh
  8. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    metsfan, this is a great app!

One request. Please, please make it work with the phone/favorites quick key function. I use the phone quick key to speed dial all the time and keycaps600 doesn't seem to let it work.

Thanks.
    The only piece of software that was still missing on my T600. Man, do I hate the standard Shift and Option buttons.

Just donated (as I had promised about a month ago I think )
    Having some major problems due to the differences between the French and US keyboard layout. The main characters are all working fine, but the Option+key values are all using the US keyboard settings.

Metsfan, any chance you can do something like the Euro sign option that was available on the 270/300 version? Looks like you need to a setting for the entire keyboard layout (even better would be to automatically find the setting on the Treo, but I can't really be bothered by having to set it myself).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mol; 11/23/2003 at 03:57 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Mol
    Having some major problems due to the differences between the French and UK keyboard layout. The main characters are all working fine, but the Option+key values are all using the US keyboard settings.

Metsfan, any chance you can do something like the Euro sign option that was available on the 270/300 version? Looks like you need to a setting for the entire keyboard layout (even better would be to automatically find the setting on the Treo, but I can't really be bothered by having to set it myself).

Thanks.
    Send me a picture of the keyboard layout. Handspring seems to have removed or hidden the function that automatically gets the Option value, so I put them all in by hand. I guess I'll need settings for the different keyboard layouts.
  12. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    metsfan, I found one other issue. Keycaps and TextPlus don't play well together. When both are enabled, textplus doesn't always show a list of text. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not even when typing the same sentence. Some words pop up while others don't.

I understand this is freeware but I would certainly pay for this utility....
    Is there another site other than Palmgear to DL Keycapshack? Blazer does not work with Palmgears site and my laptop's in the shop for repair. If there's no other site can someone post the prc file somewhere? Thanks in advance.
    The file is in the first post of this thread.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by JoshFink
    Ok. Read the page on PalmGear. Still unsure what it does.. Quick explanation on why I would use it? Always up for a good app to help simplify my life..

Thanks

Josh
    Originally posted by BD1
    metsfan, I found one other issue. Keycaps and TextPlus don't play well together. When both are enabled, textplus doesn't always show a list of text. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not even when typing the same sentence. Some words pop up while others don't.

The TextPlus KCH is longstanding conflict that is known to SmartCell (authors of TP). Here is my correspondence with them from last May:

Me:

TextPlus is a great and useful program, but causes a companion product to misfire on my Treo 270 (keyboard). The problem arises with KeyCapsHack, which allows for easy capitalization and number input without resorting to the shift or option keys. The two together enhance the Treo keyboard or any keyboard handheld in such a way as to make one wonder why they are not built-in apps. Unfortunately, TextPlus creates a software conflict with KCH, while competing software "CIC WordComplete" does not. I prefer TextPlus as it is much more sophisticated and configurable and has a larger database, not to mention the phrase dictionary, but I am forced to uninstall TextPlus and use WordComplete instead. It is possible to play around with the order of installation, e.g., TP/KCH or KCH/TP and get it to work for a limited period, but after disabling one or the other, a soft reset, or simple changes in configuration results in the original software conflict. Iíve contacted the developer for KCH and he is looking into it on his end, though he claims that TP is the ONLY app that he knows of that causes this conflict.

SmartCell response:

"There is unfornately no solution to this problem, as it seems KCH
    traps the same OS call TextPlus uses, so you need to follow
    a certain order for their activation."

Work around:

TP must be activated "over" KCH after every reset, for it to work properly. If KCH is deactivated under TP, the system will crash, etc. At least that is what happened on my 270. Haven't messed with this problem on my 600, but I was hoping that without a Hack Manager, this would not happen. Sorry to hear it is.

Maybe metsfan can send us a fix. Now, you've got SmatCell's determination that "KCH traps the same OS call TextPlus uses."
    [deleted]
    Originally posted by BD1

BD1:

After I left that longwinded business just above, I decided to try to crash my 600 as I described. I'm finding that on the 600 KC600 and TP seem to be living together in harmony. I even disabled KC600 out from under an active TP and it did not crash, and it alway did on my 270.

Are you using a 270 by chance?
  19. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I can get them to work better by first turning both off. Then I enable KeyCaps first, then text plus. They seem to work better but when you are typing in a few numbers after each other then TextPlus seems to interfere with being able to type the second number.

I am using a treo 600.
    used this omT
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast