Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Originally posted by NSiNSiNSi
    This is indeed an absolutely essential app for the Treo 600, thanks so much for this.

I just wanted to report that with KeyCaps600 installed, sometimes the phone application will not respond to favorites/speed dials, even with the "disable on phone app" option checked.
    I can't reproduce it, it seems to be random, but it happenes fairly frequently.
    Basically, sometimes I am in the phone app, press and hold "5" and the phone app simply seems to flicker the number 5 in the text field above the keypad in the dial window. It will keep doing this until I rerun the phone app by pressing its corresponding hard button.

Anybody else have this happen?
    I get this problem every day. Tried to find a solution on this thread, but couldn't seem to find any. So my KeyCaps600 is usually disabled until I need to type up a long email.
    Originally posted by ido
    I've noticed that keycaps600 is not completely compatable with treobutler, when it comes to the long hold. If both are enabled, then the treobutler hold command overrides the keycaps600 capital/character command. Anything I can do?
    Probably not, other than ask the TreoButler author to give you the option to disable it on the keys that you want KeyCaps600 to take precedence.

-- Rod
    I also have frequent enough problems with my speed dial when Keycaps is enabled. It ,therefore, remains disabled until needed for heavier text entry.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 12/20/2003 at 12:34 PM.
  4.    #164  
    The disable in phone app feature only works when the phone app is launched the normal way (from the Apps screen, or hitting the hard app key). If you get into the phone app by receiving a call or possibly using a third party dialer, it won't work.

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix that.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by metsfan
    If you get into the phone app by receiving a call or possibly using a third party dialer, it won't work.

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix that.
    Great! Thanks, metsfan! I love this app and would definitely like to keep it enabled at all times. Looking forward to seeing a new version with that fixed.
    Originally posted by antmelnat
    Still would love to see these improvements integrated into KeyCapsHack for those of us who cannot afford a 600 yet.
    Any chance of this sometime soon (please!)?
    Thanks
    Did not want this thread to fall too far down the list and get lost.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Originally posted by NSiNSiNSi
    I just wanted to report that with KeyCaps600 installed, sometimes the phone application will not respond to favorites/speed dials, even with the "disable on phone app" option checked.

Does anyone know if there has been a fix to this? This is such a great app, but it's driving me nuts that it disables speed dialing after I've taken/made a call!
    My apologies if this was covered earlier in this long thread: I have noticed that programs I used to access by pressing option plus a hard key, cannot be accessed that way while KeyCaps is enabled. For instance, I have my T600 set so that option plus hardkey 1 is supposed to launch Blazer. With KeyCaps enabled, pressing option plus hard key one incorrectly brings me to Phone app.

Perhaps Keycaps is conflicting with TreoButler.
    Most noticable when naving through any menu in any app, though it happens on any 5-Way action. Very long lag on menu. I deleted KeyCaps 600 (latest version) and the menu lag was fixed. Reinstalled it and the menu lag reappeared. metsfan or rwhitby?
    Originally posted by rosenft
    My apologies if this was covered earlier in this long thread: I have noticed that programs I used to access by pressing option plus a hard key, cannot be accessed that way while KeyCaps is enabled. For instance, I have my T600 set so that option plus hardkey 1 is supposed to launch Blazer. With KeyCaps enabled, pressing option plus hard key one incorrectly brings me to Phone app.

Perhaps Keycaps is conflicting with TreoButler.
    7 posts above you.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Most noticable when naving through any menu in any app, though it happens on any 5-Way action. Very long lag on menu. I deleted KeyCaps 600 (latest version) and the menu lag was fixed. Reinstalled it and the menu lag reappeared. metsfan or rwhitby?
    The abovementioned behaviour is a by-product of keycap's software design. In a way, it could be considered a feature instead of a hindrance.

Set the hold delay to a fast rate (like 200ms) and you'll notice that not only do you get the keycaps added functionality, but it also speeds up your cursor nav speed. Nifty when you only have one hand free and can't access option+direction to perform a screen up/down.

Metsfan/rwhitby please do not in any way disable this feature!
    Originally posted by rudychow

The abovementioned behaviour is a by-product of keycap's software design. In a way, it could be considered a feature instead of a hindrance.

Set the hold delay to a fast rate (like 200ms) and you'll notice that not only do you get the keycaps added functionality, but it also speeds up your cursor nav speed. Nifty when you only have one hand free and can't access option+direction to perform a screen up/down.

Metsfan/rwhitby please do not in any way disable this feature!
    I changed the hold delay to 200ms as suggested and it does help a bit. Still lags, but not as much. Thanks for the tip!

Not sure I understand how this nav-delay can be a feature/benifit. To me it seems like a bug.

Why would you want to slow/lag your menus?

How does the slow/lag menu navigation relate to your comment: "Nifty when you only have one hand free and can't access option+direction to perform a screen up/down." Just curious as to how this is a positive benefit of the slow/lag menu? Guess I don't understand the connection.
    Originally posted by thegasguru

Does anyone know if there has been a fix to how KeyCaps600 disables speed dialing from the phone app after taking/making a call? This is such a great app, but it's driving me nuts that it disables speed dialing after I've taken/made a call!
    Anyone?
    Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

I changed the hold delay to 200ms as suggested and it does help a bit. Still lags, but not as much. Thanks for the tip!

Not sure I understand how this nav-delay can be a feature/benifit. To me it seems like a bug.

Why would you want to slow/lag your menus?

How does the slow/lag menu navigation relate to your comment: "Nifty when you only have one hand free and can't access option+direction to perform a screen up/down." Just curious as to how this is a positive benefit of the slow/lag menu? Guess I don't understand the connection.
    Actually it speeds up the dpad, not make it slower.
    The default delay speed on the Treo is something like 350ms.
    So lowering the delay rate to 200ms will definitely speed it up.

Try this: With the category set to "ALL" scroll down on your memos (list screen not in the memo itself) at 200ms, disable keycaps, scroll your memos again, you will see a difference.

This behaviour is consistent in any other app that uses the dpad code; e.g. launcher, to do list, even 3rd party apps like DateBk5.

It is especially handy when navigating through tons of memos when you can't page up/down by pressing opt+direction using two hands. If your delay rate is fast enough, just hold down and eventually you'll get to the memo you want.

Hope this helps.
    I see what you're getting at. Vertical scrolling is faster, but horizontal scrolling is not. When I pull down the menu of any app and then right-nav or left-nav through the menu headings, I get the lag. Down or up within a menu heading is fast. It's just right-left nav through the main menu headings. Curious to know if you can reproduce this.
    I see what you're getting at. Vertical scrolling is faster, but horizontal scrolling is not. When I pull down the menu of any app and then right-nav or left-nav through the menu headings, I get the lag. Down or up within a menu heading is fast. It's just right-left nav through the main menu headings. Curious to know if you can reproduce this.
    Just wondering, does this lag occur only when scrolling left/right in the menus? How about in the main launcher or when viewing memos?

Because on my side, horizontal scrolling speed is identical to the (fast) speed of vertical scrolling.

And let's say if it happens only in the menus, still I don't see how big a problem it actually is. Menus are usually only 2 "headings" long (max i've seen is 4). With such a small area to navigate, wouldn't it be better to tap the dpad rather than hold it?

Also i'm curious, is it a specific program that you are experiencing such symptoms? If so, what's the name of the app?
    Set the hold delay to a fast rate (like 200ms) and you'll notice that not only do you get the keycaps added functionality, but it also speeds up your cursor nav speed.
    -----------------------------------------------------

I was wondering how one changes the hold delay. Thanks.
    Last edited by badilman; 12/29/2003 at 04:14 AM.
    Never mind about setting the hold delay, I just installed the program and found out how.
    "And let's say if it happens only in the menus, still I don't see how big a problem it actually is. Menus are usually only 2 "headings" long (max I've seen is 4). With such a small area to navigate, wouldn't it be better to tap the dpad rather than hold it? Also I'm curious, is it a specific program that you are experiencing such symptoms? If so, what's the name of the app?"

Menus were just an example. If it were only menus I'd not worry over it, but It happens in any and all apps, native or not. KC600 compromises horizontal scrolling on my device. The effect of this horizontal scrolling bug is that scrolling is very slow and stutters significantly. If no one else experiences this then maybe it's a software conflict and I'll have to do the one-by-one-app-reinstall-or-delete thing. Thanks for sticking with me on this.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast