Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Originally posted by rudychow
    To rwhitby:

With the latest version (0.6-rjw), has the d-pad slowdown problem been fixed yet?
    I believe so. Give it a try and let us know.

-- Rod
    FYI - KeyCaps600 has received the "Absolutely Essential" award at Treo 600 Essentials.

Only the best software, hardware, sites and services display the "absolutely essential" gold star on our site.

Excellent job!

Best,
    Derek.
  3.    #143  
    Version 0.7 posted. http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

or

http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps600.php for a Treo-friendly page.

This version is basically the same as the latest one rwhitby posted (0.6-rjw)
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Still would love to see these improvements integrated into KeyCapsHack for those of us who cannot afford a 600 yet.
    Any chance of this sometime soon (please!)?
    Thanks
  5.    #145  
    Originally posted by antmelnat
    Still would love to see these improvements integrated into KeyCapsHack for those of us who cannot afford a 600 yet.
    Any chance of this sometime soon (please!)?
    Thanks
    I'll take a look at doing it, but can't give a timetable on it at all.
    Thanks metsfan.
    I'll keep a look out for it.
    Tremendous job MetsFan, this is a great add-on. I'd pay $ to get a hack to sort my contacts by Business name --- can you do it?
    In order to succeed, others must fail.
    Originally posted by grace1120
    Tremendous job MetsFan, this is a great add-on. I'd pay $ to get a hack to sort my contacts by Business name --- can you do it?
    Grace1120 - OMG! From the looks of your avatar you've captured a YETI on film!

Were you able to capture it or did it get away?
    I shaved it (waxed it) away.
    In order to succeed, others must fail.
    Metsfan, did you get the private mail I sent you here with my changes to support five-way navigation in the KeyCaps600 configuration screen? I didn't see those changes incorporated into 0.7.
  11.    #151  
    Yes, I did. I currently can't build the 5-way stuff with my toolset, and have been having problems with my laptop so haven't really been messing with my setup right now. I'll incorporate them as soon as I can.
  12. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    what compiler do you use? do you debug with the simulator?
    Originally posted by bcombee
    Metsfan, did you get the private mail I sent you here with my changes to support five-way navigation in the KeyCaps600 configuration screen? I didn't see those changes incorporated into 0.7.
    If you use VolumeRocker or TreoNavSet (do not use both), you can set the center button on your 5-Way to toggle between Navigation and Scroll as well as imitate Tungsten T 5-Way and Clie Jog Dial. This will allow you to navigate through the KeyCaps600 config. screen perfectly. Does so on mine. Both are free.

TreoNavSet: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52460

VoulmeRocker: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52728
    It's great to have my Blackberry caps functionality back! But I don't really understand how everything else works just by looking at the screen, and it's obvious from all the foregoing discussion that there are more options than meet the eye. Is there, somewhere, a few paragraphs of explanation?
    It sounds more complicated than it really is. There are three symbols that each key can generate: a lower case letter (LC), and upper case letter (UC), and an option character (OP...mostly punctuation). With KeyCapsHack on earlier Treos, a short, single press of a key would give the LC, and you could choose if you wanted a long press of the button to yield UC or OP. Ditto with the quick double-press of the key...your choice UC or OP. Now with KeyCaps600 you have the same options...plus the triple-press and super-long hold options. The triple-press option can be set up either of two ways...so that cycling through single, double, and triple presses yields LC-UC-OP or LC-OP-UC (same outcomes but in different orders). Similarly the press-and-hold options can yield LC-UC-OP or LC-OP-UC. Basically the new version gives you more ways of getting the symbols you want to type. Probably the best way for you to understand is to set it up and try it out. You will understand how it works in less time than it took you to read this post!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have the feature to disable the touchscreen on an incomming call enabled ? This was working flawlessly for me (I would almost always answer the phone when taking it out of the side case). Once I added the KeyCaps600, this feature seems to be disabled (Even though I have the "disable in phone app" selected).

Any ideas ?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Anyone notice any strange behavior when doing the superlong hold while playing MP3s in the background using pockettunes? I get a lot of double characters ...
    Not that anyone is obligated to do anymore work on this excellent app.
    I've noticed that keycaps600 is not completely compatable with treobutler, when it comes to the long hold. If both are enabled, then the treobutler hold command overrides the keycaps600 capital/character command. Anything I can do?
    Terrific MUST have app...

Suggestion though>

Include version # in the "ABOUT" message field.

That's it.
    This is indeed an absolutely essential app for the Treo 600, thanks so much for this.

I just wanted to report that with KeyCaps600 installed, sometimes the phone application will not respond to favorites/speed dials, even with the "disable on phone app" option checked.
    I can't reproduce it, it seems to be random, but it happenes fairly frequently.
    Basically, sometimes I am in the phone app, press and hold "5" and the phone app simply seems to flicker the number 5 in the text field above the keypad in the dial window. It will keep doing this until I rerun the phone app by pressing its corresponding hard button.

Anybody else have this happen?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast