Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Originally posted by cywong

Ahhhh... never assume that other people would not have any use for double click....example:

Hence I still need the double-click option.

Sorry for the looooong explanation....
    Understood.

-- Rod
    Originally posted by metsfan
    I should have the workaround for the system sounds fixed by late tonight. I probably won't release until I've merged in the other changes.
    Attached is a new version of 0.5-rjw which now supports triple-click as well as long-hold.

I haven't tested triple-click as much as I have tested long hold, so there may still be some issues to sort out.

The source has been sent to Metsfan.

-- Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files
    first. awesome app. should be part of the ROM.

second. how difficult would it be to incorporate the double-click functionality to the 4 application buttons. currently, you must use opt+button to get the secondary application button. (i.e. keyguard)

thanks.
    Originally posted by webslappy
    first. awesome app. should be part of the ROM.

second. how difficult would it be to incorporate the double-click functionality to the 4 application buttons. currently, you must use opt+button to get the secondary application button. (i.e. keyguard)

thanks.
    Did you know you can hold down keyguard to lock ?

-- Rod
    Originally posted by rwhitby

-- Rod
    Err, yea...I knew that...uh huh....

(Thanks for the tip! What a time/option button saver)

-Rob
    I tried to ota download the prc file from my 600 but got the error that the file type is not supported. anyone else have this problem?

Understood.

-- Rod
    Originally posted by Rob600

Err, yea...I knew that...uh huh....

(Thanks for the tip! What a time/option button saver)

-Rob
    Along the same lines:

Opt+Return hits 'OK'-like button in a modal form.
    Opt+Backspace hits 'Cancel'-like button in a modal form.
    Shift+Backspace backwards deletes by words.

It's amazing what you find when disassembling the Handspring ROM extensions :-)

-- Rod
    What a great app. Thanks, guys.

-- Rod
    Yes, I knew that. I was trying to give an example (admittedly a bad example) of the functionality I would like.

So I'll give another example. The calendar button. I have pocket tunes mapped to the opt + calendar. I would like the to be able to double-click the calendar to bring up pocket tunes rather than hitting opt + calendar.

How hard would that be to incorporate into the program?
    Originally posted by webslappy

Yes, I knew that. I was trying to give an example (admittedly a bad example) of the functionality I would like.

So I'll give another example. The calendar button. I have pocket tunes mapped to the opt + calendar. I would like the to be able to double-click the calendar to bring up pocket tunes rather than hitting opt + calendar.

How hard would that be to incorporate into the program?
    The trouble is that adding that functionality into KeyCaps600 would probably interfere with a whole heap of other Treo utilities designed for launching apps from button pushes.

I guess it could be yet another option, but I personally wouldn't want it turned on by default (I use McPhling, and I use a long hold on the phone and calendar buttons for it).

Anyway, it's up to Metsfan to answer this one - it's his baby.

-- Rod
    Attached is a new version of 0.5-rjw which now supports triple-click as well as long-hold.

I haven't tested triple-click as much as I have tested long hold, so there may still be some issues to sort out.
    My sources went to Metsfan last night (Adelaide time), then Metsfan sent his latest changes back to me this morning (Adelaide time, last night his time after he had worked on it during his day time). Now I'm sending my latest changes back to him tonight my time (I've been working on it while he's still asleep). Open source 24 hour round-the-world development at it's finest :-)

Please find attached version 0.6-rjw which has optional triple click and optional long hold down.

Functionality and features are pretty much done as far as I am concerned - it's only minor bug fixes between this and a 1.0 version (again, that's my opinion only - Metsfan is the author).

-- Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I've just finished co-developing a software project with a programmer in Indonesia (I live in California). And when I lived in Indonesia I developed another project with a programmer in California. It is great to be able to work two shifts per day as well as having two sets of eyes looking at the code and design in real time. It really speeds things up.

You guys are doing great work! Thanks from all of us!
    Sorry if I missed this, but this thread is gigantic:

Are these normal for KC600?

1. When installing the prc, I always get an auto-reset.
    2. After disabling prior to an updated prc, and after the auto-reset, the app is auto-enabled.

If these are not normal how can I fix it, or is not necessary. Functionality following these issues is normal (mostly)
  14. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    any news on resolving this? it's not a show stopper (i'm very quick at typing "0" + "right" now :-) but i don't want to get hooked on this workaround.
    Originally posted by mtk
    any news on resolving this? it's not a show stopper (i'm very quick at typing "0" + "right" now :-) but i don't want to get hooked on this workaround.
    Can you be a bit more specific ? Which version of KeyCaps600 (0.6-rjw is the latest) ? Which options do you have set ? Can you describe the problem ?

I searched back in the thread for previous posts by you, and there were none. So you must be refering to a problem that someone else has reported in a previous version (there have been no problems reported in the latest version yet).

Please try the latest version, and then let us know if you find any problems with it (with a detailed problem report including all the information we need to reproduce it).

Thanks!

-- Rod
  16. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    it's a treo600. i don't remember from where i originally obtained the app but the 'About' screen says 'www.geekandproud.net/software' and the referenced treo600 zip has '0.5' as the version, not 0.6rj (is that for the other treo models?).

the settings i use are:

1) enable on reset
    2) disable in phone app
    3) double click: capitalize
    4) hold down: nothing

the symptom is that if i type "silver" +
    the digit "0" while entering text in a
    field, it beeps and does not enter it.
    if i enter that two key combo immediately
    again, it beeps, enters a zero, and pops up the "alt" menu for "0". if i ignore the alt menu by entering "right", it leaves a zero entered in the text field (so there is a work-around). after entering the first zero successfully, subsequent zero's beep, pop up the alt menu, etc. this only happens for "0", not for any other digit.

and i was commenting on a report of this problem that appeared earlier in the thread (still there, in fact).
    Originally posted by mtk
    it's a treo600. i don't remember from where i originally obtained the app but the 'About' screen says 'www.geekandproud.net/software' and the referenced treo600 zip has '0.5' as the version, not 0.6rj (is that for the other treo models?).
    Have you tried version 0.6-rjw (which is attached to one of my posts earlier in this thread) ?

I expect that version will fix your problem.

-- Rod
  18. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    it does indeed solve the problem.
    To rwhitby:

With the latest version (0.6-rjw), has the d-pad slowdown problem been fixed yet?
    Why won't KC600 work in text popups, e.g., Blazer, T/C reply text-entry window? There are others like this where it will not work. Doesn't seemt to recognize text fields.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast