Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 204
  1. #61  
    Just downloaded it and the only sync that completed without a reset was the one the installed this new version. Each subsequent sync resets the unit - regardless of whether "disable in phone" is on or off.

    I am using the CDMA 600... hope this helps!

    Sadly, going back to older version. ;-)

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  2.    #62  
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Just downloaded it and the only sync that completed without a reset was the one the installed this new version. Each subsequent sync resets the unit - regardless of whether "disable in phone" is on or off.

    I am using the CDMA 600... hope this helps!

    Sadly, going back to older version. ;-)

    L
    What about if Enable on Reset is disabled?
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3. #63  
    Originally posted by metsfan


    What about if Enable on Reset is disabled?
    Nope... still a reset after the first complete successful sync. Each and every subsequent sync.

    I have unlimited LD if you would like me to call you and we can work through this... let me know. Happy to help in any way and I will most certainly donate!

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  4.    #64  
    Originally posted by Leeladisky


    Nope... still a reset after the first complete successful sync. Each and every subsequent sync.

    I have unlimited LD if you would like me to call you and we can work through this... let me know. Happy to help in any way and I will most certainly donate!

    L
    Heh... my only phone is my 600 and I don't want to be on the phone while working on it.

    Send me a private message if you want to get on AIM or IRC to talk about it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  5. #65  
    same problem with Leeladisky (with the 0.3 and disable the enable on reset)...
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by metsfan


    What about if Enable on Reset is disabled?
    When I installed this bugged version I placed a check mark in "enable on reset" and after performing several hot syncs and having my GSM 600 reset after each hotsync, I went into the prefs and tried to uncheck the "enable on reset" but every time I touched the check box the treo reset itself and I couldn't uncheck it. So I simply set the app to disabled and uninstalled it and then re-installed the very first version that you posted.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #67  
    I tried both v0.2 and v0.3 and get crashes on hotsync too. It only happens if i sync avantgo, though, and ##377 gives the error

    "A reset was caused on <date> at <time> while running "KeyCaps600":

    Preferences.c, Line:271,PrefDBOpenError

    Hotsync works if i uninstall keycaps600 or if i keep keycaps600 installed but set the avantgo conduit to "do nothing."

    I can wireless sync avantgo, even if i have keycaps600 enabled.

    Using a winXP machine and a sprint treo600.

    Anyone have the original version that does NOT cause hotsync crashes? I'd like to test that too.
    Last edited by sbono13; 11/28/2003 at 07:03 AM.
  8. #68  
    0.2 and 0.3 cause soft resets at the end of hotsyncs on my Tre600.

    I have XP, and do not have avantgo. But I do have Pocket Quicken 2.0 though, and it is set to sync last.

    So taking a page from sbono13 I set Quicken to "Do Nothing" and hot synced - no crash this time.

    Hope this info helps.
    yep.
  9. #69  
    First... kudos..... that is a GREAT program.... its the only thing I was missing from my Blackberry/RIM

    as far as the resets on hotsync.... mine appears to reset everytime I hotsync as well (right as Documents to Go starts syncing) however........

    If you disable KCH before you sync it works really well.....


    hope there is a fix soon though.... this is on my "MUST HAVE SOFTWARE list!
  10. #70  
    Yesterday I loaded KeyCaps600 to test. Overall it works great, but it causes the Treo600 to spontaneously reset during a HotSync operation with BackUp Buddy. I have tested this several times and verified it was KeyCaps600 that caused the reset by dialing the ##377 command.

    The HotSync log provides the following:
    "BackupBuddy synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: Unknown error. (4001)
    HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)
    HotSync operation complete 11/28/03 10:53:11"

    The reset occurs just about the time BackUp Buddy and HotSync are finishing up. I've attached a screen shot to see if this helps someone figure out the problem.

    Feedback would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
  11.    #71  
    This problem should be fixed now. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the conflict with third party Hotsync conduits, and lots of thanks to Leeladisky for help testing.

    The new version (0.4) is at http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

    Please let me know if you still have the problem.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  12. #72  
    thanks so MUCH... it works perfectly now!!!!!!!!
  13. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #73  
    I tried out the new version (.4) and it nows works with my avantgo client without a hitch. kudos to all involved!

    This version seems close to perfect, except for the alt/zero button. I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you mentioned as a bug previously... I've set Hold Down to capitalize letters, leaving Double Click to do nothing. Even in this configuration, the Alt/0 button seems behave strangely. The option button seems to work properly for all other symbols and numbers, but I can't figure out how to write a "0" without going through the Alt menu. I'd love for an option to use this app to be able to just use the button hold down for capitalizing letters, and leave the normal option functions unaffected. That way, you could still quickly type words that repeat letters, like "feel."

    Thanks!
  14. #74  
    0.4 version works for me as well with Pocket Quicken enabled. Looks like you nailed it.

    Thanks!!
    yep.
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by sbono13
    This version seems close to perfect, except for the alt/zero button. I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you mentioned as a bug previously... I've set Hold Down to capitalize letters, leaving Double Click to do nothing. Even in this configuration, the Alt/0 button seems behave strangely. The option button seems to work properly for all other symbols and numbers, but I can't figure out how to write a "0" without going through the Alt menu. I'd love for an option to use this app to be able to just use the button hold down for capitalizing letters, and leave the normal option functions unaffected. That way, you could still quickly type words that repeat letters, like "feel."
    Yep, I noticed this too.
    I have the "press & hold" function set to "Option", and the way it works right now, there is no way for me to type "600" unless I use the inbuilt method of pressing the option key first. What happens is, the alt character popup kicks in when I type the second "0".

    IMO a solution to this (and other future inconsistencies/problems with the alt key), would be to disable the single-keypress function of the "alt" key altogether; a single press of the alt key will no longer bring up the alternate character popup. Instead, this function is activated upon an extended press & hold of ANY key.

    I suggested the following to the developer, metsfan:

    "How about extending the "press & hold" feature?

    Example:-
    Hold Down Delay 300ms - Option
    Hold Down Delay 600ms - Capitals
    Hold Down Delay 900ms - Alt (activates the popup)

    The order of outcome after each delay (option, capitals, etc.) would be configurable, of course.

    I find that the double "Double Click" feature tends to slow me down as I would constantly have to watch for words with consecutive identical letters, i.e. "feed". Typing on the fly at my fastest speed, the outcome would be "f1d". As a result, I don't use the double-click feature; my press & hold outcome is set to option, although I still do wish for a simpler way to capitalise letters as well as access the alt character set. IMO the most efficient way would be to extend the "press & hold" feature. What do you think?"

    Well guys, what do you think?
    Would this be a better solution?
    Last edited by rudychow; 11/28/2003 at 09:09 PM.
  16. #76  
    Hello,

    I am back using KeyCapsHack again (actually it's the ancient ver.0.3!) because I'm having difficulties in entering number 0.

    My setting in KeyCaps600 is Double click does nothing and press hold with 300ms delay turns on capital. This setting is exactly the same as KCH, except that with KCH 0.3 there is no time delay.

    With KC600, in certain programs (such as Pocket Quicken) where the option is automatically turned on to enable entering numbers, when I pressed 0, the list will pop up. However, with KCH if the option is turned on, pressing 0 will type 0 and the list will not come up. If I want the list to come up I have to press option+0. I actually prefer this arrangement and would be happy to continue using KCH 0.3, except that KCH sometimes erroneously capitalized letters.

    I hope I am making any sense here

    If anybody can give advice, please, by all means. TIA

    -- LSL
  17.    #77  
    I can't seem to find any way for my software to tell the difference between 0 and Opt+0. I *can* have it detect Option-Lock, and will make it not pop the list up if 0 is hit when that is set, which should fix the problems with applications that auto-set it.

    But I still can't see any way to tell if Option is set when Alt/0 is pressed. I'll keep looking.

    As for the extended hold down possibility... I think that would be very complex to implement, but I'll look into it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  18. #78  
    Another problem with the 0 key.

    When browsing, hitting any link with the key 0 gives the error:

    "This key lets you enter accents and symbols not shown on the keyboard. Select Keyboard Help from the Edit menu for details."

    Any website with quick Treo links will do this, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Treo600essentials.com and hit the 0 key.
  19. #79  
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Another problem with the 0 key.

    When browsing, hitting any link with the key 0 gives the error:

    "This key lets you enter accents and symbols not shown on the keyboard. Select Keyboard Help from the Edit menu for details."

    Any website with quick Treo links will do this, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Treo600essentials.com and hit the 0 key.
    If you have the settings on double click for numbers then just double click the "0" and it'll work fine.
  20. #80  
    Originally posted by metsfan
    As for the extended hold down possibility... I think that would be very complex to implement, but I'll look into it.
    I'm implementing that as we speak (it's turning out to be quite straight-forward due to Metsfan's good code structure). It's working for normal keys, but not for the Alt key yet - that might be the complexity that Metsfan is referring to :-)

    The general theory is that if you ask for Capitals on the second click or a short hold, then you get Option on the third click or long hold. And vice versa if you ask for Option on the second click or short hold. Basically, you get the other thing on the key from what you asked for in the configuration if you click three time or hold twice as long.

    Metsfan, let me know if you want the initial code changes immediately, otherwise I'll send them to you when I've got the Alt key to work too.

    -- Rod (demonstrating the beauty of open source ...)
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions