Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by BD1
    I can get them to work better by first turning both off. Then I enable KeyCaps first, then text plus. They seem to work better but when you are typing in a few numbers after each other then TextPlus seems to interfere with being able to type the second number.

I am using a treo 600.
    Hmm... Yeah, that's the order I needed on my 270. So far I haven't noticed any conflicts of this sort. Maybe you've got another app that uses the same OS call, too? Maybe another text-related program? Did you try disabling all your apps like TreoHelper, TreoTools, etc., stuff that hacks into the OS?

Depending on how attached you are to TP, you could always go with WordComplete. It's more or less the same thihg without the phrases.

BTW. I cannot get TP to work at all in WordSmith or DTG. It's just not there at all. I emailed SmartCell and they claim that it works for them. Touchy program, huh... Can you use TP in either of these?
    Originally posted by metsfan

Send me a picture of the keyboard layout. Handspring seems to have removed or hidden the function that automatically gets the Option value, so I put them all in by hand. I guess I'll need settings for the different keyboard layouts.
    I've emailed the pictures to you. Also, I've posted a question on the HS developers forum about retrieving the keyboard layout setting.
    This is a fantastic hack! If there was a way to disable it while in phone mode I would have no problem paying for it. Any chance this might happen?
    I totally agree - this is an awesome app!

I also did not understand the hubbub until i tried it out.
    yep.
    The app works great except for the whole SpeedDial issue as mentioned above. This one issue alone makes it unusable as I use my Speed Dials for both Applications and Phone Numbers and it makes then useless.

Thanks for the help

Josh
  6.    #26  
    As a sort of half workaround to the speed dial issues, you can just disable the hold down feature of KeyCaps600, and only use double click, for now.

With Hold Down set to do nothing, the speed dials work.

I should get to fixing it this weekend.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    metsfan:

Ay chance you could have a go at the conflict with TextPlus? Thanks!

SmartCell response:

"There is unfornately no solution to this problem, as it seems KCH
    traps the same OS call TextPlus uses, so you need to follow
    a certain order for their activation."
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    metsfan:

Ay chance you could have a go at the conflict with TextPlus? Thanks!

SmartCell response:

"There is unfornately no solution to this problem, as it seems KCH
    traps the same OS call TextPlus uses, so you need to follow
    a certain order for their activation."
    I'll take a look when I get a chance. Don't know when that will be, unfortunately. I don't know why it would interfere, though, as if you just hit a key once, KC600 basically does nothing but store the information about the event, so it shouldn't affect TextPlus unless you hold down or double click.
  9. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    One otherissue with KC and TextPlus is when a word has two of the same letters in a row. Like successful. When you select these types of words in TP they get garbled a bit. I don't know if changing the response time setting in KC600?

Also, will you be able to fix the zero key?

metsfan: this is a great product which handspring should liscense from you!
    Does this require something like X-Master or TealMaster or whatever? I don't have a Treo 600 yet but I'd like to know if I'll need another program in order to run this nifty little app. Thanks!
    "...so it shouldn't affect TextPlus unless you hold down or double click."

That's exactly when the problem occurs. TP makes KC6 act incorrectly.
  12.    #32  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    "...so it shouldn't affect TextPlus unless you hold down or double click."

That's exactly when the problem occurs. TP makes KC6 act incorrectly.
    Is it the same problem as above? When it tries to put in a word with duplicate letters, like "letter" or "successfull"? Or some other problem?
    Great app METSFAN. I used to have this functionality with my Blackberry. Looking forward to the fixes. Will definitely send a few bucks for this great utility!
  14. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    My problem is the duplicate letter issue when also using textplus.

Is it the same problem as above? When it tries to put in a word with duplicate letters, like "letter" or "successfull"? Or some other problem?
    The problems I had on my 270 do not occur on my 600. Not sure what BD1 is seeing but it seems it is more or less the same problem as on the 270. TP had to be activated 'over" KCH or the following would result when both apps active:

1. Double press = two main key characters, no "option" character, e.g. tt, instead of *. Regardless of speed setting.
    2. Long press = upper case letter, then release the key and result is additional lower case letter, sometimes 2 lower case letters, e.g.. Gg, or Ggg.
    3. And this, but not always: Disable KCH out from under (prior to disabling) TP and it crashes the 270.

FWIW: TP and KC600 together make a fantastic enhancement to the Treo(s)!
  16.    #36  
    I've figured out the duplicate letter issue, and should be posting an update in the next few days.
    I've figured out the duplicate letter issue, and should be posting an update in the next few days.
    Thanks!
  18.    #38  
    I've put the new version up at http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

Changes in this version:
    • Works with 0/Alt key (for the most part... still some slight issues)
    • Compatible with TextPlus
    • Added "Disable in Phone App" option
    • Should work on all keyboard layouts (works on both QWERTY and AZERTY)

I've removed the attachment from the first post, and replaced it with a link to the new download location.
    I've put the new version up at http://www.geekandproud.net/software/

Changes in this version:
    • Works with 0/Alt key (for the most part... still some slight issues)
    • Compatible with TextPlus
    • Added "Disable in Phone App" option
    • Should work on all keyboard layouts (works on both QWERTY and AZERTY)

I've removed the attachment from the first post, and replaced it with a link to the new download location.
    Metsfan,

You are such a legend, I have donated.

Thanks again for possibly the most useful app on the Treo
    www.gsmworld.com

Should work on all keyboard layouts (works on both QWERTY and AZERTY)
    This version is working fine with my AZERTY keyboard. metsfan, you rule!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast