Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm lovin' Radio Shack these days. After having bought 3 (!) of the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapters (one for some earbuds, another for the iRock, and the last for some little Sony speakers), I went and bought the clear suction/adhesive mount for my 600. The mount works great, and I really like that I can remove the post and mount if I want to, leaving the adhesive plate where I put it, in an unobtrusive spot.

A great setup, for sure.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I'm lovin' Radio Shack these days. After having bought 3 (!) of the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapters (one for some earbuds, another for the iRock, and the last for some little Sony speakers), I went and bought the clear suction/adhesive mount for my 600. The mount works great, and I really like that I can remove the post and mount if I want to, leaving the adhesive plate where I put it, in an unobtrusive spot.

A great setup, for sure.
    I found that the radio shack 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter didn't fit the treo 600 at all. The plastic around the post is too thick and hits the casing of the treo, preventing the plug from sitting in tightly. Did you have this problem? Do you have a different adapter?

TIA
    Originally posted by hperry

I found that the radio shack 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter didn't fit the treo 600 at all. The plastic around the post is too thick and hits the casing of the treo, preventing the plug from sitting in tightly. Did you have this problem? Do you have a different adapter?

TIA
    I've seen a good number of posts recommending that you shave a little of the plastic off the RS adapter. All report it works fine after that.
    well, I ended up buying the adapter along with a coiled 2.5mm extension cord. working okay except rotating the male end of the extension cord while plugged into the treo causes the treo to intermittently switch back to internal speaker mode...anyone else notice this?

might try shaving the plastic off the radio shack adapter to see if it works better plugged directly into the treo...
    I shaved mine, and it works beautifully!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i cant find this radio shack holder. does someone have a part number for me????
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Cant find it listed at Radio Shack...a part number would be great

thanks in advance
    I'm having a tough time finding a good mount for this Treo, now. I went to several Radio Shack's, and it looks like they no longer carry them.

Anyone know where I (and others) might find a comparable mount with the swivel arm and suction cup/adhesive base?

I need it to go with the IRock and car charger I already bought....
    Nice invention phildro. I have one major question though....How do you get your audio to play through the cassette adapter? After seeing your pics, I attempted to play some mp3s via the HS plug and cassette adapter and it defaulted to the Treo speaker (I guess it was looking for earphones). When I half-way insert the cassette plug into the HS adapter plug, it works. You haven't had any issues?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    No issues with the Radio Shack cassette adapter. I did have an issue with the adhesive losing its stick to my dash, so I'm gonna have to buy another kit. I'll try to find the part number next time.

Its all about voltage or resistance detection with the internal speaker thing. The RS adapter should work, cuz I have the same combination of stuff that you have Freddie. If you push it halfway in, does it play out of one side of the car speakers?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12