Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I have my cingular phone and am using t-mobile. I want to hack the logo. Any thoughts. My guess is that the logo is stored in a file in the rom somewhere. If I can figure out which file it is, can't I use PRC Edit to change the graphic and then load it back...thoughts?

Jake
    Last edited by JakePratt; 11/23/2003 at 01:19 AM.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
  2.    #2  
    Hate to respond to my own post but...

I think I found the file that contains the image in the ROM. It is called Phone_CNGW and has two bitmaps in it. I can see them with my old version of PRCEdit (1.0 beta) but can't edit the bitmaps because it crashes. Unfortunately, I can't figure out the new PRCEdit 1.92(haven't done much palm programming)

Anyone want to point me in the right direction?
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    I'm not sure how to replace those bitmaps but I can tell you that if it can be figured out and documented - I will host a dedicated carrier logo graphics section on Treo 600 Essentials.
  4.    #4  
    Got it. While I can't seem to put a new logo in the file, I was able to remove the cingular logo and go back to the original handspring logo.

I now have a de-cingularized treo 600. If anyone is interested, I can show you how to do it. It was pretty easy.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    so how did you do it.....:shortcut:
    And can it be done on CDMA?
    This is exactly what I'm looking for! Please share the details!

Thanks!

Originally posted by JakePratt
    Got it. While I can't seem to put a new logo in the file, I was able to remove the cingular logo and go back to the original handspring logo.

I now have a de-cingularized treo 600. If anyone is interested, I can show you how to do it. It was pretty easy.
    Bump to the top for Jake's hack...Jake, wake up and share, please!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Please share!!!!!!!

Kirby
    Does it come back after a hard reset?
    Share please!
    hmm.... yes I'm interested in this as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13.    #13  
    I am up. Give me a bit to get it written up and I will post how to do it on my site.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
  14.    #14  
    Alright all, I have posted instructions and links to the stuff you need on my website at www.jakepratt.com I am still working on actually replacing the logo instead of just removing it and will let you know if I figure that out.

Enjoy.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
  15.    #15  
    One last update. I figured out how to CHANGE the logo. I have posted it on my site along with a link to a hacked PHONE_CNGW file which has a new Handspring logo (stolen from someone on this site, don't remember who) with generic Connecting and Disconnecting text.

elysian9 - Because of how the hack works, it will not survive a hard reset. I guess you could burn the file into a ROM and it would survive but I haven't tried this.
    Last edited by JakePratt; 11/23/2003 at 12:22 PM.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Any way to learn what the file is for Sprint's Treo600? The file 'Phone_CNGW' is not listed in ROM.
    Just trying this now.

Any way to learn what the file is for Sprint's Treo600? The file 'Phone_CNGW' is not listed in ROM.
    Well on the Orange ROM I believe the file is Phone_ORNG, so perhaps with sprint it will be Phone_SPNT or similar.
    jake, your link to PRCEdit gets to the download site, but that link is broken. Can you post the PRCEdit '.exe' file so we can download? thanks!
    Here are the likely files on the Sprint device:

Phone.prc
    Phone_enUS.prc
    Phone_SPCS_enUS.prc
  20.    #20  
    I updated the PRCEdit link to point to a zip file on my site.

Also, if you just want to use my logo file all you need to do is

1. Use Filez to uncheck the readonly attribute on the Phone_CNGW file.

2. Hotsync the Phone_CNGW file I have on my site to your phone.

Thats it.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast