Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You guys are great - thanks for all your time on this. I am tempted to play, but as I rarely switch wireless mode on and off I don't know if its worth it!

Someone mentioned the tape reel icon ...

O_O

(or similar).

For UK GSM Orange phones this is the voicemail indicator. It appears between the carrier name and signal strength indicators.

I have a question about the call duration. From my call log (accessed from the dial pad or phone screen, by pressing the center nav button) I can see a list of incoming and outgoing calls. If I choose "Details" for any of these it already shows me the duration... is this another difference between UK and US versions?
    Last edited by orangeboy; 11/25/2003 at 07:22 AM.
    oBoy!

[Treo 600 #4, working without error since July 2004]
    I had trouble installing it directly from the link above. I had to save it first and then open with the install tool, but once I hot synced it, it worked great! Thanks to all.
    Carl
    Originally posted by orangeboy

I have a question about the call duration. From my call log (accessed from the dial pad or phone screen, by pressing the center nav button) I can see a list of incoming and outgoing calls. If I choose "Details" for any of these it already shows me the duration... is this another difference between UK and US versions?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $is$ $only$ $an$ $issue$ $with$ $the$ $Sprint$ $branded$ $CDMA$ $phone$. $For$ $some$ $reason$ ($like$ $to$ $keep$ $its$ $customers$ $in$ $the$ $dark$), $Sprint$ $specifies$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $manufacturers$ $to$ $NOT$ $display$ $the$ $call$ $duration$ $in$ $any$ $log$. $Since$ $most$, $if$ $not$ $every$ $carrier$ $provides$ $their$ $customers$ $this$ $feature$, $I$ $guess$ $the$ $easiest$ $way$ $to$ $turn$ $this$ $off$ $is$ $to$ $not$ $display$ $it$, $but$ $eveidently$ $the$ $Sprint$ $phones$ $have$ $always$ $been$ $recording$ $this$ $info$, $and$ $now$ $we$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $get$ $around$ $it$.
    Carl
    Ok, here is what I did and it's simple, fast and Aggie (that'e me ) proof. (I have a sprint treo600 BTW)

I used the info and instrucitons from this site

Thanks JakePratt and BCaslis

To do this.......

Go to the link below. Look at the pictures and choose which one you would like to use. Click on the zip next to it and after it downloads to your PC , then open it and double click the "Phone_logo.prc" file and then do a hotsync and your done. Nothing more, nothing less. No file name change, no editing...nada......

I now have the Handspring logo with the towers and the call duration even works now and it's retroactive, all my old calls have the duration disaplaced too (go to call log, select the entry and select details).

CLICK HERE FOR THE BCaslis LOGO LINK

Hope this is helpful for some, Matt Burkhard
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Here is a startup screen based on Phantasy Star Online images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Here is a shutdown screen based on Phantasy Star Online images.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    You guys are nuts.....and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Thanks for everything.

Kirby
    Love the PSO images
    OK, I've applied the Phone_logo file and it worked great!! Thanks, however, it chaged the voice mail icon to the tape reels instead of the envelope, anyway to change it back on a Sprint T600?

Thanks
    Originally posted by wbrinker
    OK, I've applied the Phone_logo file and it worked great!! Thanks, however, it chaged the voice mail icon to the tape reels instead of the envelope, anyway to change it back on a Sprint T600?

Thanks
    You need to use the original Phone_SPCS file in order to keep your voicemail envelope icon. You are using the Phone_CNGW file that has probably been renamed (this is a Cingular branded phone file and doesn't use the envelope icon). See my message above for instructions on how to use the original Phone_SPCS file or, just simply download Jglev's attached file in a post above.
    Originally posted by treotim

..... or, just simply download Jglev's attached file in a post above.
    yea what he said That's what I did.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I was goofing around with a couple of characters I created for the game Freedom Force to use on my screens (see attached)
    can someone post an original, unmodified version of the Phone_SPCS ?

i would like to make some logos and what not, but first i need an unmodified sprint treo 600 one...and i dont have an SD card

also who knows what the difference is in Filez, if you view the Phone_SPCS in ROM or just the Phone_LOGO not in ROM?

my guess would be the one in ROM is the original file, and the Phone_LOGO one just takes over if it is present.

does this sound about right?
    What is the red "T" for? I Have noticed that when I activate or de-activae the the wireless, that after it searchs for the Sprint Network, you can sometimes see a red "t" at the top of the phone app (to the left) right after it connects. I never noticed this untill now. I bet the pop up that says "network search,welcome to sprint" is in palce of somehting else and that is what the red "T" is for.

Cycle the wirelss off and on and then look at the top of the screen right after the Sprint popup box goes away and you should see a red "T" sometimes it's just a flash, you ahve to look close.

Anyone else see this?

People with UNBRANDED T600's. what do you see when wireless is tunred on? you get the welcone screen, correct? Does it stay on that screen untill you connect, or is there a pop up too? Do you see a red "T"?

Thanks, matt
    Originally posted by wahooka
    can someone post an original, unmodified version of the Phone_SPCS ?
    On the instructions page at Treo 600 Essentials I have a link to a Phone_XXXX.prc template that has everything intact EXCEPT the connection and disconnection logos - in those spots I just placed dummy graphics that say "Paste connection logo here" and "Paste disconnection logo here"respectively.
    ok i looked at that file...

what about the information under MISC and under OVLY 1000.... i thought there was supposed to be more stuff in there that needs to be deleted if you want to view the call duration....

did you already remove that? i want one an unmodified version with that information in tact if possible
    This should be the original file...

(Note, remove the .prc at the end, its really a zipfile.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wild, no red T on an unbranded or Cingular GSM. When you turn on wireless you get the connection screen, followed shorted by a network search dialog box. Then you go back to the phone screen.

I tried a Sprint a few weeks ago and as I recall there is no network search dialog for Sprint (makes sense because with GSM it might find a network not from your provider). Is everyone seeing the red T using of our phone logo files? If so maybe the red T is displayed because it thinks it should display the network search dialog but there isn't one in the CDMA version? Just a thought.

Originally posted by Burkhardi
    What is the red "T" for? I Have noticed that when I activate or de-activae the the wireless, that after it searchs for the Sprint Network, you can sometimes see a red "t" at the top of the phone app (to the left) right after it connects. I never noticed this untill now. I bet the pop up that says "network search,welcome to sprint" is in palce of somehting else and that is what the red "T" is for.

Cycle the wirelss off and on and then look at the top of the screen right after the Sprint popup box goes away and you should see a red "T" sometimes it's just a flash, you ahve to look close.

Anyone else see this?

People with UNBRANDED T600's. what do you see when wireless is tunred on? you get the welcone screen, correct? Does it stay on that screen untill you connect, or is there a pop up too? Do you see a red "T"?

Thanks, matt
    Funny that we all see it for the first time today. I responded to that thread. I wonder if it's form the new log, like the tape reel?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast