Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 136
  1. #81  
    oops x 2
  2. #82  
    Originally posted by jwsh
    derek - I don't know how much extra work it would be, but it might be helpful if you added a preview link on the carrier logos page (and the ptunes skins page too)..
    A lot of work because i'd have to extract the images from the prc, format them in gif or jpg, upload them, etc.

    If people want to include a ZIP file with the PRC file *and* the appropriate preview graphics in gif format, I'd be glad to provide a preview link.
  3. #83  
    I dont think that would be difficult.

    I might whip up a few custom files for you tonight. Just generic ones that I would consider 'widely acceptable', like Matrix ones or some abstractly artistic ones.

    Maybe a UofM one....
  4. #84  
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    I noticed something else, the little icon that used to be there for the mail, is replaced by the tape reel looking thing. I guess thats another bitmap that was in that file.

    Be fun to replace that little thing as well.

    Now, anyone know of a better PRC editor?

    PRCEdit likes to crash onme

    see next message...
  5. #85  
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    I noticed something else, the little icon that used to be there for the mail, is replaced by the tape reel looking thing...
    I think I found a way to get back your voicemail icon (envelope). All you need to do is use your original Phone_SPCS file to get back your mail icon and be able to see your call duration in the call log. Do the following:

    1. To change the splash screen bitmaps, change the bitmaps in 6851 (for "welcome" screen) and 6861 (for "goodbye" screen). I changed them to the palmOne bitmaps on Treoessentials (as mentioned in a previous post, I pasted them into the 16 bit bitmaps and deleted the other bitmaps - 4 and 8 bit bitmaps, I think - on both).

    2. Under "Misc" while viewing the file in PRCedit, "cut" everything under "ovly 1000". My guess is that some of this code is used to suppress the call duration information in the call log.

    3. Save the new .prc file as Phone_LOGO (don't forget to change the name in the "PRC Name" field in PRCedit - this is the name displayed in Filez).

    4. Hotsync and you're good to go.

    It's working great on my Treo so far. I've got my new splash bitmaps, call duration in the call log, and my voicemail icon back.

    Good luck!
    Last edited by treotim; 11/24/2003 at 03:37 PM.
  6. #86  
    Oh! Well, hopefully that'll help someone else out, but I didnt desperately need that icon.
  7. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #87  
    Originally posted by treotim


    I think I found a way to get back your voicemail icon (envelope). All you need to do is use your original Phone_SPCS file to get back your mail icon and be able to see your call duration in the call log. Do the following:

    1. To change the splash screen bitmaps, change the bitmaps in 6851 (for "welcome" screen) and 6861 (for "goodbye" screen). I changed them to the palmOne bitmaps on Treoessentials (as mentioned in a previous post, I pasted them into the 16 bit bitmaps and deleted the other bitmaps - 4 and 8 bit bitmaps, I think - on both).

    2. Under "Misc" while viewing the file in PRCedit, "cut" everything under "ovly 1000". My guess is that some of this code is used to suppress the call duration information in the call log.

    3. Save the new .prc file as Phone_LOGO (don't forget to change the name in the "PRC Name" field in PRCedit - this is the name displayed in Filez).

    4. Hotsync and you're good to go.

    It's working great on my Treo so far. I've got my new splash bitmaps, call duration in the call log, and my voicemail icon back.

    Good luck!
    I haven't a clue how to do this since I am not that technical when it comes to programming. Would it be possible for you to edit an post this? It would be much appreciated by all of us non-technical types.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
  8. #88  
    jglev - Trust me, if you just try it out, its very easy. Don't be intimidated!
  9. #89  
    Originally posted by jglev


    I haven't a clue how to do this since I am not that technical when it comes to programming. Would it be possible for you to edit an post this? It would be much appreciated by all of us non-technical types.

    Thanks,
    This really is a no brainer. You don't need to be technical to modify the file. In any event, I did try to attach the file to this post, but it barely exceeds the TC limit for attached files, and I guess we're not allowed to post zip files. If you still want it, just provide me your email address and I'll forward it on to you.
  10. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #90  
    Originally posted by treotim


    This really is a no brainer. You don't need to be technical to modify the file. In any event, I did try to attach the file to this post, but it barely exceeds the TC limit for attached files, and I guess we're not allowed to post zip files. If you still want it, just provide me your email address and I'll forward it on to you.
    I did it!!

    I found prc edit, copied the original phone_spcs file and just deleted everything under ovly 1000 in misc and saved it under a new name. Since I don't mind the Sprint splash screen, I didn't bother to change it. Then I just installed it via hot sync. I now have the original Sprint splash screen, my envelope icon and call duration in the call log.

    I attached the file should anyone else want to do this.

    Thanks again for your help,

    edit: the file didn't attach for some reason. I will try again.
    Last edited by jglev; 11/24/2003 at 06:34 PM.
    Jeff
  11. #91  
    Originally posted by jglev


    I did it!!

    I found prc edit, copied the original phone_spcs file and just deleted everything under ovly 1000 in misc and saved it under a new name. Since I don't mind the Sprint splash screen, I didn't bother to change it. Then I just installed it via hot sync. I now have the original Sprint splash screen, my envelope icon and call duration in the call log.

    I attached the file should anyone else want to do this.

    Thanks again for your help,
    I'd like to do it. Where's the attached? All you do is HotSync the file over?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  12. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #92  
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    I'd like to do it. Where's the attached? All you do is HotSync the file over?
    The attachment didn't seem to work, so here it goes again. Yes, just Hot sync it over.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jeff
  13. #93  
    call duration is EXCELLENT.

    this is hardcore hacking...this is what i like to see people!

    great job!!!

    i just hope removing those lines of code doesn't do anything else to my treo that we dont know about...
    Last edited by wahooka; 11/24/2003 at 08:29 PM.
  14. #94  
    Originally posted by jglev


    The attachment didn't seem to work, so here it goes again. Yes, just Hot sync it over.
    Nice!!! Thanks!!!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  15. #95  
    This is great! Thanks!
  16. #96  
    This is a great hack. Love it. If it does cause other problems in the future, just launch filez and delete the Phone_xxxx.prc file in memory and the ROM file will take over again.

    Thanks again.
  17. #97  
    I've improved the Carrier Logo download area at Treo 600 Essentials, including preview links for the logos, updated the instructions and FAQ and linked a Phone_XXXX.prc file that has dummy graphics in it to use as a template for those of you who wish to create your own. It also includes the stock envelope icons, etc so you won't have to worry about losing them.

    If you would like to submit a logo please use the following procedure:

    1. Bundle your PRC file up with two preview graphics in gif format
    2. Zip everything into a single archive with a descriptive name.
    3. Send it to logos@treo600essentials.com

    Thanks!
    Derek.
  18. #98  
    Originally posted by jglev


    The attachment didn't seem to work, so here it goes again. Yes, just Hot sync it over.
    OMG!! This is awesome!!!! Thanks soooo much!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. #99  
    I installed the phone logo file from this thread. I did a soft reset, but I don't see a difference.
  20. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #100  
    Originally posted by jayzee
    I installed the phone logo file from this thread. I did a soft reset, but I don't see a difference.
    Make sure that you delete any other similar file you installed before installing this one. Also, I found that double-clicking it to put it into the instal tool sometimes put in a file with a different name. What worked best was opening the instal tool and dragging the file into it and then sync. Again, make sure you delete any old version. You shouldn't need to do a soft reset. The results are immediate.

    Good luck,
    Jeff
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions