Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    derek985,

Yes, aFAIKaFAIKaFAIK, $the$ $file$ $is$ $copied$ $from$ $the$ $ROM$ $on$ $boot$ $and$ $is$ $read$ $only$. $To$ $overwrite$ $it$ $you$ $must$ $change$ $the$ $attribute$.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    Like I posted up there, I only have a 16bit bitmap in there, and the prc file is named Phone_CNGW, on my Sprint T600, and it displays it just fine.
    Well if the phone accepts CNGW who's to say it won't accept any 4 characters?

If it does, then maybe it makes sense to settle on using CUST to denote custom or LOGO for instance.

Also good to know that we don't need the 4 bit graphic. I assume either 8 bit would work as well?
  3.    #63  
    OOp, missed that.

Lets get the logo's rolling.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    Like I posted up there, I only have a 16bit bitmap in there, and the prc file is named Phone_CNGW, on my Sprint T600, and it displays it just fine.
    Same here. I removed the 4 bit and 8 bit and pasted the file I customized in my graphics program into PRCedit under the 16 bit entry. I never had to change any file attributes in Filez. I just hotsynced the sucker and everything worked!
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
  5.    #65  
    I stand corrected. My problems were probably do to the files I was moving into and out of memory trying to find the correct one with the graphic.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Originally posted by jeeter

Same here. I removed the 4 bit and 8 bit and pasted the file I customized in my graphics program into PRCedit under the 16 bit entry. I never had to change any file attributes in Filez. I just hotsynced the sucker and everything worked!
    Jeeter, does it still work through a soft reset?
    I read through this very interesting thread, but I'm not 100% following all the techy details, so pardon me for not adding anything valuable to the discussion...

Is it to early for a newbie (me) to ask for some sort of step-by-step information on how to proceed with replacing the standard logo?

I actually have an "unbranded" (well, it's Handspring branded) unlocked GSM version, but it would still be fun to change the default logo.

For instructions, I suggest something like:

0. If you have a Cingular version, go to 1.0; for Sprint, go to 2.0; for Orange, 3.0 and for unlocked GSM 4.0

1.0 Find your desired logo on treo600essentials.com (note: some sort of preview would be nice)
    1.1 Download zip
    1.2 Extract Phone_XXXX.prc from zip archive to your desktop
    1.3 Rename extracted Phone_XXXX.prc to Phone_CNGW.prc
    1.4 Doubleclick Phone_CNGW.prc to make it transfer to your phone during next hotsync
    1.5 Perform hotsync
    1.6 Voilá, you have yourself a new logo

1.0 Find your desired logo on treo600essentials.com (note: some sort of preview would be nice)
    1.1 Download zip
    1.2 Extract Phone_XXXX.prc from zip archive to your desktop
    1.3 Rename extracted Phone_XXXX.prc to Phone_SPCS.prc
    1.4 Doubleclick Phone_SPCS.prc to make it transfer to your phone during next hotsync
    1.5 Perform hotsync
    1.6 Voilá, you have yourself a new logo

...and so on.
    But again, I don't know whether all has been tested, nor if my "instructions" are correct (probably not...)

/Christopher
    Originally posted by derek985

Considering how easy it is for this thing to get a soft reset on its own...

It works just fine for me on my phone after a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by derek985

Sure does.
    My 2˘, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 » Treo 600 » Treo 700P » *** Unmentionable *** » Pre {rooted}
    OK here's the deal...

To make one, you only need to paste in a single 16 BIT graphic in each resource using PRCedit.

All you have to do afterwards is save the PRC and sync it to your phone no Filez resource bit necessary at all. This technique should work on ALL models.

The file can be named anything. I'm standardizing on Phone_LOGO.prc however.

I just made a cool new logo and tested it on my phone. I posted it to Treo 600 Essentials, downloaded it on my T600 and saved it. It worked flawlessly.

Best,
    Derek.
    And if anyone would like a custom one made, I am open for requests. Just please, for the love of god, provide a source image for me.

Use the email thingy on the site to get me (Jake used it I believe...). I can work on them in the evenings. I'll submit some specifically for treo600essentials as well, if you see my avatar, one will be made from the wallpaper i made of that.

Anyway, I dont know how to close this post. Here is a row of dots.

derek - I don't know how much extra work it would be, but it might be helpful if you added a preview link on the carrier logos page (and the ptunes skins page too)..
    Originally posted by treoneo

Holy crap you serious?! So you mean you can now view call duration on Sprint PCS Treo 600? Can you explain in detail how exactly to do this? What files I need & just download & hotsync? That's awesome!!!
    Yep it sure does. It seems the phone has always recorded the call duration info, but wonderfull Sprint has robbed us of it. The easiest way to get this working is follow the instructions above. Install Filez and Jake's Phone_CNGW.prc. Now using Filez rename Phone_CNGW to Phone_SPCS. You might notice that you already have this file in your ROM but thats ok, it will still be there and will overwrite your fix if you do a hard reset.

Now start your phone app, select call logs, select details - between Time and Roaming fiels you will have Duration of your calls displayed. The calls themselves are stored in PhoneCallDB.pdb so if we can figure out its format we can write other statistical apps for our call history.
    I'd like to have the call duration info, but I'm not interested in changing the logos. Is there any way to do this without changing the logos?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    BTW, there is a Mac program called TreoCallLog that can keep track of your minutes on your desktop when you sync.

Love the Phone_XXXX.prc hacking. I replaced mine with my company's logo
    OK, I've updated the webpage http://caslis.com/devices/treo600/clogos/index.html with my towers logos. For the existing ones, I've corrected an error with the welcome text color, added two new ones (Treo logo and Phone logo), changed to 16 bit graphics, and changed so the zip file now gives a single Phone_LOGO.prc file. I've tried it with my Cingular branded phone and it seems to work fine.

Note if you used any earlier versions you will need to delete the existing Phone_CNGW.prc or Phone_SPCS.prc or Phone_ORNG.prc or Phone_CROW.prc file from your Treo before installing the new Phone_LOGO.prc file.
    Originally posted by Vigor

Yep it sure does. It seems the phone has always recorded the call duration info, but wonderfull Sprint has robbed us of it. The easiest way to get this working is follow the instructions above. Install Filez and Jake's Phone_CNGW.prc. Now using Filez rename Phone_CNGW to Phone_SPCS. You might notice that you already have this file in your ROM but thats ok, it will still be there and will overwrite your fix if you do a hard reset.

Now start your phone app, select call logs, select details - between Time and Roaming fiels you will have Duration of your calls displayed. The calls themselves are stored in PhoneCallDB.pdb so if we can figure out its format we can write other statistical apps for our call history.
    1) he updated the logos on his site so which zip file can I use to get the call duration back? Any of them?

2) do I have to change my logo in order to view call duration?

3) can I use my own logo but still have the correct extracted file to view call duration?

detailed instructions for gettting back CALL DURATION only is much appreciated.

Thank you
    I noticed something else, the little icon that used to be there for the mail, is replaced by the tape reel looking thing. I guess thats another bitmap that was in that file.

Be fun to replace that little thing as well.

Now, anyone know of a better PRC editor?

PRCEdit likes to crash onme
    I know this is farfetched but how about a little icon for an email waiting ("e" over envelope) & one for new sms ("s" over envelope). three different icons!! ha! could it be done? How hard would it be to create a hack or program to do this?
    oops
    Last edited by treoneo; 11/24/2003 at 02:47 PM.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast