1.    #1  
    I'd like to buy some extra stylus for my Treo600. Handspring has them for $9.95 + shipping ... are they identical to anything else already on the market that I could just pickup in a local Staples / Officemax?

David
    As long as their for the 600 you'll be fine. Each stylus is different in shape, as they are made to fit in specific PDAs. The other aftermarket styli out there may be different in feel but as long as it says it's for the Treo you'll be fine, providing that you like the feel of it in your hand.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Originally posted by idfdavid
    I'd like to buy some extra stylus for my Treo600. Handspring has them for $9.95 + shipping ... are they identical to anything else already on the market that I could just pickup in a local Staples / Officemax?

David

you can order them directly from treo central for $7.95.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I want a Treo 600 with a built in pen!
    Originally posted by mgauss
    I want a Treo 600 with a built in pen!
    I thought I read a while ago about these pen stylus combos occassionally leaking ink inside the device. Like on an airplane with the pressure changes. Might be a one in a thousand chance, but I'd hate to ruin my $600 Treo with a glob of ink in it's innards.
    Last edited by dougef; 11/23/2003 at 02:20 PM.
    The big question is what the heck would you need an extra stylus for? With the kb and 5way the stylus is all but obsolete. What in the world would you ever need extras for?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by dougef

I thout I read a while ago about these pen stylus combos occassionally leaking ink inside the device. Like on an airplane with the pressure changes. Might be a one in a thousand chance, but I'd hate to ruin my $600 Treo with a glob of ink in it's innards.
    I used one for 2 years with my Kyocera 6035. Never had any problems during all my travels. But I guess you never know.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Originally posted by Woof
    The big question is what the heck would you need an extra stylus for? With the kb and 5way the stylus is all but obsolete. What in the world would you ever need extras for?
    So many older apps I rely on that don't yet support the 5way buttons! PocketQuicken, AOL 3.1 for Palm (if it ever starts working again), etc. Some newer ones too, like AudiblePlayer, now available for the Treo600! And sometimes it's faster to click where you're looking than to move a cursor around. I usually just use my fingernail though.