1.    #1  
    Well I received my Sprint Treo 600 from Handspring and have used it as a PDA for about a week. I was going to activate it on Monday! However, I noticed that the screen wasn't picking up my taps where I was tapping. So I tried tried to redigitize it, and the Treo went in an infinate loop. I then hard resetted, and now it is doing the same thing. I have hard resetted many times.

So, any ideas on how to fix it?

Also, I think I remember hearing that people who received defective units DOA purchased from Handspring had to wait weeks to get a replacement. Anybody out there get a unit FedExed to them?

disappointed with my new treo...
    -gene
    OUCH! Sorry to hear that. If you've already hard reseted and it's still looping then I'm not sure there's much else you can do? I woudl first call Handspring support, which I assume you've done, and then jsut return the thing. Yeah, that sucks but it doesn't sound like a normal problem to me....

Btw, did you load an usual software onto the Treo to cause this? Also, I would recommend doing a debug reset as well as an extended hard reset before sending it back...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The endless loop thing is documented on HS support for GSM 600s (don't know about Sprint.) You might want to have a read: http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    IF you try everything in the FAQ above and that doesnt work, do a Battery disconnect reset. Do this only in LAST CASE. Make sure your stuff is backed up, because you will loose all your hotsync info on your Treo. This procedure is like a hard reset, but it disconnects all power to the unit. The power restores once you plug in your treo to a power adapter.

Make sure your treo if off the charger.

While holding down the keys: k, BackSpace

Push the reset button with the paper clip for 4 seconds.

Let go of the keys.

Let your treo sit for 60 seconds.

Plug-in the power adapter, and turn on your treo.
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    IF you try everything in the FAQ above and that doesnt work, do a Battery disconnect reset. Do this only in LAST CASE. Make sure your stuff is backed up, because you will loose all your hotsync info on your Treo. This procedure is like a hard reset, but it disconnects all power to the unit. The power restores once you plug in your treo to a power adapter.

Make sure your treo if off the charger.

While holding down the keys: k, BackSpace

Push the reset button with the paper clip for 4 seconds.

Let go of the keys.

Let your treo sit for 60 seconds.

Plug-in the power adapter, and turn on your treo.
    Interesting. The result of this (no power until plugged in) is what happens whenever I try to make or take a call on battery. It just shuts off until I plug it back in, and loses all data.

When it's plugged in, I can make and receive calls, but my speaker buzzes.

1-2 weeks wait for my replacement...
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    By the time I figured out that I needed to call Handspring customer support on Saturday, it was 5 minutes after they closed. Go figure! So, I tried the soft reset, hard reset, and the battery disconnect reset which I haven't ever heard of before. It did do what was described - disconnecting power. It still won't digitize.

Here is the dilemma, I wanted to switch carriers tomorrow, so I could get my $100 rebate. In addition, I could quit my old carrier before another billing cycle started. So, now if I have to wait one to two weeks, I will lose out on both! Not too fun... So, can I go to Sprint and have them replace the phone? I heard they have a 3 day turnaround. I assume many of you guys out there depend on your cell phone for business, etc.. What do you do? I can't go without a cell phone for 1-2 weeks very easily.

I appreciate the responses and help.
    Heh im waiting till monday to switch carriers too and get my $100 back. Just gotta keep my phone alive until then (its in awesome shape hehe ive managed to keep it unscratched and unsmudged with only a boxwave screen protector and the slipcase!)