1.    #1  
    I want to be able to do some simple stuff like increase volume, speed, trim, remove instruments. Composing would be a plus.

Thanks
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ght=anvil.html

But, for a simple answer: Anvil Studio and PSMPlayer can do a few tricks for you.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by hocus703
    [B
    But, for a simple answer: Anvil Studio and PSMPlayer can do a few tricks for you. [/B]
    THanks for the reply. I checked it out and it is good for simple rings!

The only thing I wish it did was support multiple channels so I can edit existing files to make them more "ringer friendly." Is there anything that can do this for free?
    Originally posted by bmitchin

THanks for the reply. I checked it out and it is good for simple rings!

The only thing I wish it did was support multiple channels so I can edit existing files to make them more "ringer friendly." Is there anything that can do this for free?
    anvil does support multiple channels. if you are only seeing one "MULTI" channel, select it, click the track menu and select "Split into multiple tracks"

then you can work the tracks 1 by 1
    I am personally biased to Anvil.
    Quicktime Pro isn't strictly free, but if you have a copy of it lying around, but you can use it cut and paste midi files and edit them to your heart's content.
    the ringtones i sell (shameless plug ) are done on anvil studio
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    the ringtones i sell (shameless plug ) are done on anvil studio
    Aaron - any new ringtone packs lately?

PS - I hate the whole low ringtone problem with the 600...

maybe someone will figure a way soon to boost the ringer?
    actually no, i haven't worked on any in a while, due to changing personal life mostly... i should do some soon. thanks for asking.

i have not listened to ringers on the 600 yet, still happy with my 300. is volume a big issue? that would be a shame. most folks want the ringers to be as loud as possible.

i use anvil to raise the volume of individual tracks, as discussed above. but we are still limited by the unit itself. wonder why they don't get that? if they are too loud, you can always turn them down, but why make them not even have the ability to go loud enough??
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.