1.    #1  
    Has anybody used the Treo 600 with a Mac? Good experience or bad? I'm using OS 9 but will be upgrading soon. Any shared experience is appreciated.
    Yep, using it with a PowerMac Dual running Panther.

All is fine :-)

Sync's with iCal and Address Book fine, and Palm Desktop if you want to use that. Easy to install applications and images etc too.

I believe there is other software out there to sync other email clients and off-line web etc.
    I can sync apps with no problem. But I just cant get iCal and Addresses to HotSync.
    It says disable those items in Conduit Manager. I try "do nothing" but it doesn't work and rests itself to syncnchronize.
    What am I doing wrong?
    This may (or may not) help, but this is what I did.

Panther OS X 10.3.1
    iCal 1.5.1
    Address Book 3.1
    iSync 1.3
    Palm Desktop 4.1

1. Downloaded and installed Palm Desktop
    2. Did phone Sync (button on cable)
    3. Downloaded Palm Sync for iSync from Apple and installed. You should see your Treo appear in the iSync window as a Palm device.
    4. Sync button on the cable now runs Palm Desktop Sync which calls iSync at the appropriate point.

I believe steps 1 & 2 are important for it to work.

Edited to add:
    My Conduit Settings in Hotsync manager list:
    Backup
    Install
    iSync Conduit -> See Conduit Settings
    Memo Pad -> Synchronise
    Note Pad -> Synchronise
    photos -> Synchronise
    Voice Memo -> Synchronise

If I look at the iSync Conduit settings I see:
    Enable iSync for this Palm Device ticked
    Originally posted by sftreo

It says disable those items in Conduit Manager. I try "do nothing" but it doesn't work and rests itself to syncnchronize.
    What am I doing wrong?
    When you select "do nothing" be sure to select "make default" otherwise the setting will revert back after a HotSync.

Michael
    You have to instal the conduit BEFORE you intal iSync. Remove iSync and then download the Palm conduit, and then download iSync and re-install. I use it with iCal, Address, and .Mac on 4 computers and it works great
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    What about syncing safari bookmarks
    and mac mail?
    I use Panther, and all is fine as well.

About iSync, I simply followed the instructions on Apple's iSync download page. Aside from iSync itself, you need to download the iSync Palm Conduit. Following the instructions on the web page, I installed Palm Desktop before I installed the iSync Palm conduit (iSync itself was already installed with Panther). I then set the conduit settings under HotSync Manager to enable iSync, like page3 did.

I had problems with Docs to Go and Adobe Reader for Palm. Docs to Go wouldn't install, claiming I had insufficient privileges. Adobe wouldn't notice when I hotsynced. Both problems related to the way Palm Desktop installs its conduits. The folder containing the conduits (hard drive/library/application support/palm hotsync/counduits) is installed with the system as the owner, and administrators having read-only access. I changed permissions by changing the owner from "system" to my account, and allowing me read-write access. Both programs worked fine afterwards.
    Originally posted by omoanya
    What about syncing safari bookmarks
    and mac mail?
    Sorry, I don't sync those and don't know if it is possible.
    To sync mail you should go to versiontracker.com and search on conduits. Several options will show up.
  11. pls
    I have four users all running OS9 on their laptops and synching with Now Up to Date/Contact and Documents to Go.
    All the laptops had original NUDC synching software installed although it was never used.
    On 3 machines the Handspring software installation was not entirely successful and needing some manual fixing, including putting an alias on the desktop to replace the non working menu bar synching shortcut.
    On the fourth OS9 laptop the same installation works exactly as specified, despite it being the same setup as the others.
    All users are very happy with the setup and no-one has had any problems with the (almost) seamless integration.
    The Treo has really added a new dimension to the way our users use their phones.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I am running my Treo with Entourage and it worked perfectly out of the box. Just used the conduit from Microsoft and it was 100%. It won't sync mail, but I am looking to see if I can find anything to help at the moment.

Will post again if I have any luck.
    Originally posted by dixter13
    I am running my Treo with Entourage and it worked perfectly out of the box. Just used the conduit from Microsoft and it was 100%. It won't sync mail, but I am looking to see if I can find anything to help at the moment.

Will post again if I have any luck.
    That's good to hear. I will be using Entourage when my Treo arrives.