Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by zipmitz

Months AFTER THE FACT?

Tell me. Has the T-Mobile Treo 600 been released?
    Yes it has...it just has the Cingular splash screen instead of T-Mobile's.
    Originally posted by MikePA

The issue is not whether the information you posted is accurate, the issue is your obssession with posting the same diatribe months after the incident. Take Chupacabra's offer and get help. At this rate, when the Treo 1000 comes out, you'll still be mumbling about how Donna Dubinsky lied to you. I'm glad I only see your repetitious rants when people quote you.
    Perhaps. However, it seems to me that there are two easy ways for HS/P1 to end the discussion. One is to simply do what they said they were going to do; take orders and ship. The other is to acknowledge that they are not going to do it.

Some of their apologists here seem to believe that they do not have the financial resources to do the former. However, the latter only takes a little courage and integrity.

Most of us have long since found other solutions or given up. We encourage others to do the same. This forum only lights up again when someone says that they have just heard that HS/P1 plans to start shipping in only 2-3 more weeks. Therefore HS/P1 could probably silence the discussion simply by improving their security discipline a little. They do not do that because they are trying to both have their cake and eat it.

It is true that some of us have taken their bad faith a little too personally. However, bad faith is still bad faith. We did not start it and we do not sustain it.

Even Coca-Cola admitted that they were wrong.
    Originally posted by whmurray

We did not start it and we do not sustain it.
    That is EXACTLY what you are doing.

I'm even willing to accept your paranoid premise that HS singled you out, deliberately lied to you, and their executives now sit in their offices laughing at what they have done to you, IF YOU'LL JUST SHUT UP ALREADY.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.

I know understand your problem....

As a person who provides business services to dozens of shrinks, I can faithfully report that I have never met a shrink who didn't need a shrink.

Thanks for keeping my streak intact.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but formal training in that specialty is not required to determine what your Axis I and II diagnoses are (based on your obsessive posts here).

Get help.

Perhaps. However, it seems to me that there are two easy ways for HS/P1 to end the discussion. One is to simply do what they said they were going to do; take orders and ship. The other is to acknowledge that they are not going to do it.

Some of their apologists here seem to believe that they do not have the financial resources to do the former. However, the latter only takes a little courage and integrity.

Most of us have long since found other solutions or given up. We encourage others to do the same. This forum only lights up again when someone says that they have just heard that HS/P1 plans to start shipping in only 2-3 more weeks. Therefore HS/P1 could probably silence the discussion simply by improving their security discipline a little. They do not do that because they are trying to both have their cake and eat it.

It is true that some of us have taken their bad faith a little too personally. However, bad faith is still bad faith. We did not start it and we do not sustain it.

Even Coca-Cola admitted that they were wrong.
    You expect Handspring to announce their weaknesses during the Chjristmas season, after a merger, when their stock prices are dropping just to satisfy the three obsessive individuals that can't get over what Handspring "did" to them? Even a diseased mind should be able to see how stupid that expectation is. This is Big Business, not some Sunday School morality lesson. Get over it, already.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

You expect Handspring to announce their weaknesses during the Chjristmas season, after a merger, when their stock prices are dropping
    No, I really do not. I expect them to continue to do exactly what they are doing. However, you seem to expect me to like it. I do not. As long as they continue to act like unscrupulous scum bags, I reserve the right to continue to call them unscrupulous scum bags.

I do not resent your defending them, I do not even resent your attacking me. However, my calling them unscrupulous scum bags seems to ring your chimes.

just to satisfy the three obsessive individuals that can't get over what Handspring "did" to them? Even a diseased mind should be able to see how stupid that expectation is. This is Big Business, not some Sunday School morality lesson. Get over it, already.
    This diseased mind is sufficiently rational to know that leopards do not change their spots.
    Last edited by whmurray; 12/25/2003 at 05:01 PM.
  7.    #127  
    Originally posted by brownievegas

Yes it has...it just has the Cingular splash screen instead of T-Mobile's.
    WRONG. And the sad part is, you know it. Most T-Mo customers didn't order Cingular phones because they were led to believe that a TRUE T-MO unit would soon be available.

Moreover, while you can use the Cingular unit over the T-Mo (or any other GSM net), it is not configured to take advantage of T-Mo features that many T-Mo customers prefer.

WRONG. And the sad part is, you know it. Most T-Mo customers didn't order Cingular phones because they were led to believe that a TRUE T-MO unit would soon be available.

Moreover, while you can use the Cingular unit over the T-Mo (or any other GSM net), it is not configured to take advantage of T-Mo features that many T-Mo customers prefer.
    Perhaps. However, I have been a T-mobile Treo 270 user for two years and I cannot imagine what those features that I prefer and do not have are. What do you know and when did you know it?

Like what? Everything I was able to do with my P800 I can do with my T600 AND I NEVER LEFT T-MOBILE!! What makes the freakin' phone "TRUE T-MO" anyway? If I listened to you I guess I would be one of those "most T-Mo customers" STILL FREAKIN' WAITING!! As it is you can lead someone only so far into thinking what you want but I know getting my Cingular phone w/ T-Mo paid off FOR ME! Now...what's so WRONG about that?!!
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps. However, I have been a T-mobile Treo 270 user for two years and I cannot imagine what those features that I prefer and do not have are. What do you know and when did you know it?
    YEAH!!! I wanna know about these phantom features too! I sure wouldn't want to miss out on any, seeing as I've been a T-Mo customer for 2 years as well and never even noticed 'em.
  11.    #131  

You expect Handspring to announce their weaknesses during the Chjristmas season, after a merger, when their stock prices are dropping just to satisfy the three obsessive individuals that can't get over what Handspring "did" to them? Even a diseased mind should be able to see how stupid that expectation is. This is Big Business, not some Sunday School morality lesson. Get over it, already.
    Let's see if I have this right...

You believe that it is appropriate for HS/P1 to mislead investors in connection with a merger? Or to mislead the investment community about true nature of their financial health (or lack thereof)?

I guess I understand why you have no problem with them then. You seem to be accepting of dishonesty as a character trait.
    Just a thought "zip", but dishonesty is a charactor trait.

Thanks,

Bill...

Let's see if I have this right...

You believe that it is appropriate for HS/P1 to mislead investors in connection with a merger? Or to mislead the investment community about true nature of their financial health (or lack thereof)?

I guess I understand why you have no problem with them then. You seem to be accepting of dishonesty as a character trait.

Appropriate? No. Expected? Yes. Furthermore, any investor that thought Handspring was financially sound is an *****. The only difference between Enron and a lot of big businesses is Enron got caught.

Your (feigned) innocence and outrage at this horrible injustice is quite sweet, Zippy.
    Last edited by treosensei; 01/05/2004 at 12:06 AM.

Appropriate? No. Expected? Yes. Furthermore, any investor that thought Handspring was financially sound is an *****. The only difference between Enron and a lot of big businesses is Enron got caught.

Your (feigned) innocence and outrage at this horrible injustice is quite sweet, Zippy.
    I do not understand why you persist in defending the indefensible. They are scum and you all but admit it. You degrade yourself by defending them. That you do so skillfully only makes it worse. It demonstrates that you value skill and art over candor and integrity. What is worse, you do it publicly, where it leaves a record, and where your name is associated with it. One ought to pick one's allies and battles with as much skill as one fights them.

I do not understand why you persist in defending the indefensible. They are scum and you all but admit it. You degrade yourself by defending them. That you do so skillfully only makes it worse. It demonstrates that you value skill and art over candor and integrity. What is worse, you do it publicly, where it leaves a record, and where your name is associated with it. One ought to pick one's allies and battles with as much skill as one fights them.

The Chupacabra name will forever be sullied by my indefensible actions. Forgive me, Father for I have sinned.

I'm not defending anyone's actions. I have only tried to let you know that Handspring's actions are par for the course in the business world and that you need to get over this vendetta. Why don't you focus on Sprint? Now THAT'S a company more deserving of your/Zippy's obsessive rage...

Are you, Zippy and Seldom Visitor all the same (disturbed) person? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Chupacabra name will forever be sullied by my indefensible actions. Forgive me, Father for I have sinned.

I'm not defending anyone's actions. I have only tried to let you know that Handspring's actions are par for the course in the business world and that you need to get over this vendetta. Why don't you focus on Sprint? Now THAT'S a company more deserving of your/Zippy's obsessive rage...

Are you, Zippy and Seldom Visitor all the same (disturbed) person? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Sprint? Good coverage, good technology, lousy customer service, but they have not lied in this situation. No one would be angry at HS/P1, no matter how they behaved, had their behavior been consistent with what they said. They have lied over and over. They have lied when silence would do. They have even lied when the truth would do. They have deliberately, not to say maliciously, misled their most, not to say their only, loyal customers. They are (literally) worthless scum.
    Last edited by whmurray; 01/04/2004 at 11:35 PM.

Sprint? Good coverage, good technology, lousy customer service, but they have not lied in this situation. No one would be angry at HS/P1, no matter how they behaved, had their behavior been consistent with what they said. They have lied over and over. They have lied when silence would do. They have even lied when the truth would do. They have deliberately, not to say maliciously, misled their most, not to say their only, loyal customers. They are (literally) worthless scum.

I see it all clearly now. You must be correct. And to think all along I thought you/the 3 faces of zippy were a raving lunatic trying to damage Handspring by beating a fossilized horse. Thanks for clearing this all up. Will you be driving over to Handspring's offices with your bag of assault rifles this week or next? Make sure to leave a note behind so future generations of forensic psychologists can better understand what made you tick.

Ok, ok... let me see if I can sum up this thread here:

whmurray / zipmitz / et. al -

Handspring is a company of liers. They lie all the frickin time. I don't like Chupacabra, he doesnt see it my way.

Chupacabra / et. al -

Handspring lied. Thats great. Everyone does it. Get over it.

Can we please let this thread die now? We all get the message.
    on the inventory analysis, good thinking to model it that way -- but I'm pretty sure that Handspring (even before the merger into Palm) would be able to afford/risk more than that ($1-2M) on "goods in process" and product inventory, for a product release as major (to them) as the Treo 600. My guess is they have at least $10-20M tied up. We could probably figure out at least a peice of the puzzle by pulling one of their old balance sheets online (just before the merger), some of that info may be in the balance sheet. On the other hand, it may not be since they'd have to have outsourced manufacturing to someone like Selectron, Flextronics, etc. I'm not sure who actually "builds" the Treo, or if Handspring even does final assembly/test.

It's not like they have to write a check to "carry" all the inventory/materials. There is all kinds of creative financing/accounting done... not to mention outsourced manufacturing, etc. Component supply limitations are often the limitation, as far as ramping production.
    steve bell

Sharp Zaurus>HP200LX>Cassiopeia E-10>Palm Pilot 1000/5000>iPaq 3600>HP 360/620LX>Palm III, IIIx>Diamond Mako>Palm V>Palm Vx>Psion 5Mx>iPaq 3630,3670>Samsung i300>Sony Clie NX70>Kyocera 7135>Sony PEG T50>Samsung i330>Treo300>Samsung i500>Sony NZ90>Sony SJ33>Rim 7230>Sprint Treo 600>Treo 600>iPaq H4355 PPC>iPod + Sprint Treo 600>Sony Clie NX-73, Th55>Sanyo 8200>Treo 650>Tungsten T5+BB 7290>iPhone 2G>iPhone 3G>AT&T BB Curve>AT&T BB Storm>BB Bold>Sprint Curve>Sprint/Palm Pre (6/6/09)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast