Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Without quoting you, I admit that I did not have the last word.
    Originally posted by whmurray
    Without quoting you, I admit that I did not have the last word.

You still don't. That honor belongs to the Turgid Member.
    Originally posted by zipmitz
    Here we are, NOVEMBER 22nd. The overwhelming percentage of you who wanted a Treo 600 STILL doesn't have one.

You were baited with enticing Emails for MONTHS.

The head of the company told the world that GSM handsets would be in your hands by the end of OCTOBER.

You constantly heard it would ship in 2-3 weeks. And while the calendar marched on, 2-3 weeks stuck like tires in the red Alabama mud. CSRs had NO IDEA why you would believe what Donna Dubinsky said. Heck, they claimed they never heard it....

HS announced the availablilty of Cingular phones when they weren't really available, taking orders. So even the GSM "launch" was not a launch. If HS was a girl, they'd be accused of being a "teaser". And I left a word out.....

Those teased couldn't hold off. I would venture to guess that a HUGE percentage of Cinuglar pre-orders are for people who plan to use them on other systems. Clearly, that's a compromise brought on by disapointing performance by HS.

Still, by the end of November, only a small little stream of units have dribbled out. If your order wasn't in with a flash, it's another 2-3 and in some cases FOUR weeks more of a wait.

And where, oh where is T-Mobile?????

To borrow a line from the Richard Dreyfuss character in Jaws, "This was NO boating accident. It was a shark attack".

HS knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They KNEW they were lying to you about delivery dates. They knew they were whetting your appetite, freezing your purchase decisions only to keep you waiting. Nothing else makes sense.

It's said that they had software issues slowing down the release of the GSM units. Well then riddle me this - once they solved that problem, why is it that they then have 2-3 week shipping delays???? Long after all CDMA issues were settled, once HS shot it's load with it's initial supply, we are in the same 2-3 week plus zone of people waiting and waiting and waiting. Now here comes the AT&T rollout and, well, there you go again. Not a single unit available till well into December. A Fall release? NOT!

There is, of course, only one reason that explains all this.

HS is probably on a short string with its suppliers and so it gets a shipment, sells it, collects money and re-orders. It seems to me painfully obvious that their credit was shot.

Now with the Palm merger a month old, nothing has changed. No support by a stronger parent. Probably because Palm hasn't exactly set any profit records either.....

All this hangs together with the design and quality issues. There's got to be a reason why over the years, Treo phones had extremely high failure rates, much of which are manufacturing issues. There is a reason why they left off important features, such as a decent screen (they did this after we ALL squawked about the compromised 270/300 screen), bluetooth and voice control/recording. They are busted., that's why. Busted people do desperate things....

I have had both the P900 and the Treo now for more than a week.

The manufacturing differences, the fit and feel is starkly apparent.
    The absence of a P900 keyboard bugs you? It shouldn't. T9 is great. And if it still bugs you, for a few bucks, you can add EZiTap, which is a predictive text program that is truly remarkable. Together with a much wider and natural keyboard, the P900 with EZiTap blows the doors off of the Treo 600 vis a vis data entry.

The overwhelming share of people out there in the smartphone market are not WEDDED to PalmOS special apps. And most commercial PalmOS have comparable Symbian products.

The HS people are horrible people, who have treated their most important customers like scrap. They've been dishonest and continue to play their games. I would not be surprised if they are taken over by someone else - that's likely your only salvation.

My advice to you all - get out. Avoid Handpring/Palm. Buy someone else's product, because after suffering with VisorPhones, Treo 270s and now with my 600, I see that they are the same people, putting out the same slow release of a product that have high failure rates and whose designs, while good, should be better.

What did Handspring do to you to warrant the above tirade?
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

They lied. They lied artfully but they lied. They lied to their most loyal customers, they lied to their distributors, and they lied to the carriers. They did it over and over again. They lied when silence would do. Hell, they lied when the truth would do. As late as yesterday I got a message saying only two-three more weeks with perhaps 200 units going to T-Mobile corporate customers in late December or early January. Would I like to be one?

HS, shut the hell up and execute. We do not believe what you say. We do not care what you say. I, for one, no longer even care what you do.

If The Chupacabra judges that to be a tirade, then so be it.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I got a Cingular Treo and use it on T-Mobile. It's working as expected, a much better phone than my 270. This morning I watched an old episode of Captain Scarlet on metro, using Kinoma Player. How cool is that?

If you have so much hostility towards Palm, why not buy the O2 Xda II? It's twice the price, but with wifi and Bluetooth it might be worth it. I can't forgoe the Palm Apps I like...
    Originally posted by whmurray

They lied. They lied artfully but they lied. They lied to their most loyal customers, they lied to their distributors, and they lied to the carriers. They did it over and over again. They lied when silence would do. Hell, they lied when the truth would do. As late as yesterday I got a message saying only two-three more weeks with perhaps 200 units going to T-Mobile corporate customers in late December or early January. Would I like to be one?

HS, shut the hell up and execute. We do not believe what you say. We do not care what you say. I, for one, no longer even care what you do.

If The Chupacabra judges that to be a tirade, then so be it.
    I can't help but think that if HS/P1 had stayed silent, you'd have had a similar tantrum.

You seem to have an inability to be happy, unless you are able to drag some others down into your miserable existence.

Since we live in a free market/capitalist society, you should exercise your freedom of choice, log off this web site, and pledhe not to do business with Palm1.

You may be a perfectly nice fellow, but I doubt anyone here cares about your personal vendetta against Palm1.

It's the holidays: Try to find something happy to think about.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  7.    #107  

As others have said, they lied and I felt abuse.

Tell me, apart from asking me WHY I wrote what I wrote, what part of what I wrote do you consider to be inaccurate and WHY?
  8.    #108  
    Originally posted by ToonFan

I can't help but think that if HS/P1 had stayed silent, you'd have had a similar tantrum.

You seem to have an inability to be happy, unless you are able to drag some others down into your miserable existence.

Since we live in a free market/capitalist society, you should exercise your freedom of choice, log off this web site, and pledhe not to do business with Palm1.

You may be a perfectly nice fellow, but I doubt anyone here cares about your personal vendetta against Palm1.

It's the holidays: Try to find something happy to think about.
    So, if I understand your theory, unless people are here to engage in sappy, happy talk about their favorite toy, unless we are willing to participate in your circle jerk, we have to stay away?

Yes, if HS stayed silent, people still had every right to be angry. They were baited for months with emails intending to freeze purchase decisions. They heard the head of the company announce product availability dates on their own website.

I was annoyed with that. The lies that came afterwards was salt in the wound.

If you don't like people objecting to bad behavior on these boards, I suggest YOU exercise your rights in a free society to buzz off.
    It is actually quite simple. Many companies are waiting for more Corporate solutions. These solutions that provide "blackberry-like" options on the treo require MAJOR support from the carrier. Other solutions, like online backups and real-time secure transactions require features that are not present on the device. Carriers like T-mobile would love to separate themselves from other carriers by providing these features out of the box. This is the reason for the delays. Everyone assumed that things would work out just as the do on a blackberry, but better. This was not the case. PalmOne and the carriers KNOW that a 2 month delay that will **** off individual users is worth the effort when they can get orders in the magnitude of 100s or 1000s with the ultimate device: A color palm device with real-time blackberry qualities.

Good technology and Seven (and maybe Qualcomm/Eudora?) would be the key players in this. The announcement of RIM/PalmOne was key to point out the problems they are having.
    PalmOne/Handsping couldn't figure it out, so now they will use the license (RIM) they had bought about a year ago.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    I got a Cingular Treo and use it on T-Mobile. It's working as expected, a much better phone than my 270. This morning I watched an old episode of Captain Scarlet on metro, using Kinoma Player. How cool is that?

If you have so much hostility towards Palm, why not buy the O2 Xda II? It's twice the price, but with wifi and Bluetooth it might be worth it. I can't forgoe the Palm Apps I like...
    Thank U! That's exactly what I did. Bought I-Mate from Expansys, $864 including shipping. Definetly better than 600. Screen is gorgeous, RF is good,nuch more capable in every respect.
    Originally posted by KypDurron
    It is actually quite simple. Many companies are waiting for more Corporate solutions. These solutions that provide "blackberry-like" options on the treo require MAJOR support from the carrier. Other solutions, like online backups and real-time secure transactions require features that are not present on the device. Carriers like T-mobile would love to separate themselves from other carriers by providing these features out of the box. This is the reason for the delays. Everyone assumed that things would work out just as the do on a blackberry, but better. This was not the case. PalmOne and the carriers KNOW that a 2 month delay that will **** off individual users is worth the effort when they can get orders in the magnitude of 100s or 1000s with the ultimate device: A color palm device with real-time blackberry qualities.

Good technology and Seven (and maybe Qualcomm/Eudora?) would be the key players in this. The announcement of RIM/PalmOne was key to point out the problems they are having.
    PalmOne/Handsping couldn't figure it out, so now they will use the license (RIM) they had bought about a year ago.
    Sounds plausible. Do you know or are you simply adding to the gossip?

That is even an explanation that people would buy.
    Originally posted by z3bum

I too have an unlocked Treo 600 hundred that I use on T-Mobile. I now have the hardware and software configured. Still working on the wetware.

So, if I understand your theory, unless people are here to engage in sappy, happy talk about their favorite toy, unless we are willing to participate in your circle jerk, we have to stay away?

Yes, if HS stayed silent, people still had every right to be angry. They were baited for months with emails intending to freeze purchase decisions. They heard the head of the company announce product availability dates on their own website.

I was annoyed with that. The lies that came afterwards was salt in the wound.

If you don't like people objecting to bad behavior on these boards, I suggest YOU exercise your rights in a free society to buzz off.
    Uh, no, you don't understand my theory.

I'm all for opposing opinions, but your only goal is to slam P1, and to try to get others to jump on your vendetta bandwagon.

You act as if you have cancer, and P1 is withholding the cure.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Why did you dare resurrect this thread... sigh

(beats the dead horse)
    I was a tmobile customer. When I saw they were not going to deliver, I bought the sprint version. There were certainly frustrating delays getting my number ported but now that it's over and done with it's smooth sailing. I got more minutes, both faster and cheaper ip service than what I was getting with tmobile (t3<>t68 bluetooth). ANd the 600 phone was a hell of alot cheaper than tmobiles version if they ever actually come out with it So don't just sit around biting your teeth and going bald, take action and be done with the mess.

regards,
    Fletch
    Originally posted by fletchb
    I was a tmobile customer. When I saw they were not going to deliver, I bought the sprint version. There were certainly frustrating delays getting my number ported but now that it's over and done with it's smooth sailing. I got more minutes, both faster and cheaper ip service than what I was getting with tmobile (t3<>t68 bluetooth). ANd the 600 phone was a hell of alot cheaper than tmobiles version if they ever actually come out with it So don't just sit around biting your teeth and going bald, take action and be done with the mess.

regards,
    Fletch
    You can be sure that I have done that.

One can infer that part of HS's strategy was to get as many T-Mobile cuztomers as possible to do as you and I did. To the extent that T-Mobile was complicit in this mess, they got what they deserved. They have lost good customer's that they will never get back.

As others have said, they lied and I felt abuse.

Tell me, apart from asking me WHY I wrote what I wrote, what part of what I wrote do you consider to be inaccurate and WHY?

It's not about what Handspring did or didn't do. What's creepy is how personally you take what happened. Do you want to know your DSM IV diagnosis is? (No charge, but you have to promise to get help.)
    what part of what I wrote do you consider to be inaccurate and WHY?
    The issue is not whether the information you posted is accurate, the issue is your obssession with posting the same diatribe months after the incident. Take Chupacabra's offer and get help. At this rate, when the Treo 1000 comes out, you'll still be mumbling about how Donna Dubinsky lied to you. I'm glad I only see your repetitious rants when people quote you.
  19.    #119  

It's not about what Handspring did or didn't do. What's creepy is how personally you take what happened. Do you want to know your DSM IV diagnosis is? (No charge, but you have to promise to get help.)
    I know understand your problem....

As a person who provides business services to dozens of shrinks, I can faithfully report that I have never met a shrink who didn't need a shrink.

Thanks for keeping my streak intact.
  20.    #120  
    Originally posted by MikePA

The issue is not whether the information you posted is accurate, the issue is your obssession with posting the same diatribe months after the incident. Take Chupacabra's offer and get help. At this rate, when the Treo 1000 comes out, you'll still be mumbling about how Donna Dubinsky lied to you. I'm glad I only see your repetitious rants when people quote you.
    Months AFTER THE FACT?

Tell me. Has the T-Mobile Treo 600 been released?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast