Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Masochists? No just crybabies. The bottom line is that CDMA users have theirs, MOST GSM users don't. As far as switching, I am simply suggesting that as an alternative. I understand your frustration to a certain extent, but my God there's a limit. Every other thread in this section is someone complaining about how XYZ GSM carrier hasn't gotten them one yet. Get over it and switch.
    As for your claims about picking up T-Mobile in places you couldn't get Sprint, I highly doubt that, sir. Even still, $5 no roaming option and you can use that badboy just about anywhere. I have a good deal of family in Ireland, and as far as international roaming goes, rent a phone from Vodaphone. It's cheaper and you aren't constantly having to worry about it being lost or stolen. (You out there Silverado?
    So I guess that's where we'll have to leave this one at a draw. I know you diehard GSMer's aren't going to change, and you'll NEVER convince me that T-Mobile is better than two cans and a string, much less Sprint.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    P.S. Is Snerdy posting in Klingon?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    i imagine it doesn't help those of you waiting to see it on the shelves or pasted to the cover of us news and world report or business week.

the way palmone is upgrading units lately, a newer versioin could be out by the time your order is considered. you may in fact be the lucky ones.
    Perhaps. I hope that a competitor will beat them to it.

Based upon the experience w/ the 270, replacing defective units is HS's quality control strategy. Last QA is done by the customer.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

And where, oh where is T-Mobile?????
    Well, that is one of the best questions to ask. You see a hint of movement with Cingular (if not more than a hint now that you can get some from HS .... and maybe even some Cing stores(??)) ... and a hint on ATT's web site ... so, when do they start taking orders and shipping??

But, T-Mobile ... I've been a T-Mob user now with about 4 accounts with them and one of them just switched to SPRINT ... and I get my TREO 600 next Monday/Tuesday -- couldn't wait any longer and just don't care if GSM vs whatever -- at least I get the TREO 600.

again, i think HS -- and T-Mob - both have flubbed up on this.
    What, you haven't seen the black helicopters flying around the old HS and Palm HQ?

And there are these guys with black suits and dark sunglasses everywhere.

I had to wrap my T600 in aluminum foil so their sensors wouldn't find it!

Oops ... sorry ... wrong carrier ... the guy in the black raincoat HAS the T600, it's the dweeby guy flashing the "V" symbol at everyone that doens't have the T600. Maybe ... well ... do you think he is a lizard with a fake human skin? OMG, it is a conspiracy.

And it's really controlled by T|C, who ordered HS and the carriers to keep moving ship dates back by 3 weeks each so they could continue to move posts around willy-nilly on this board.

Oh no ... they've invaded my post ... run Forrest, run!

Hope everyone feels better now ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by DrDoom

As for your claims about picking up T-Mobile in places you couldn't get Sprint, I highly doubt that, sir.
    One such place was Monterey, CA as recently as fall of '02. Was there for 3 months. Had both phones. Confirmed it with the local Radio Shack (did not carry Sprint) and with the local Cingular mall retail outlet.
    Originally posted by tjd414
    What, you haven't seen the black helicopters flying around the old HS and Palm HQ?

And there are these guys with black suits and dark sunglasses everywhere.

I had to wrap my T600 in aluminum foil so their sensors wouldn't find it!

Oops ... sorry ... wrong carrier ... the guy in the black raincoat HAS the T600, it's the dweeby guy flashing the "V" symbol at everyone that doens't have the T600. Maybe ... well ... do you think he is a lizard with a fake human skin? OMG, it is a conspiracy.

And it's really controlled by T|C, who ordered HS and the carriers to keep moving ship dates back by 3 weeks each so they could continue to move posts around willy-nilly on this board.

Oh no ... they've invaded my post ... run Forrest, run!

Hope everyone feels better now ...
    i have to admit there are days, not very many, when i wish i had a wee bit of what your on.
    Originally posted by tjd414

I do not think that T/C has had any part in the decision to discriminate against so many customers and channels. It has been criminally gullible. In any case they have clearly been the big winners. Frustrated users keep coming here hoping for any good news. T/C has clearly contributed to the uncertainty and probably has done so with some forethought, not to say malice.
    Originally posted by whmurray

I do not think that T/C has had any part in the decision to discriminate against so many customers and channels. It has been criminally gullible. In any case they have clearly been the big winners. Frustrated users keep coming here hoping for any good news. T/C has clearly contributed to the uncertainty and probably has done so with some forethought, not to say malice.
    IT WAS A JOKE!

This thread was getting WAY too serious ...

Whump ... whump ... whump ... Oh no, there's those helicopters, again!

Here in the UK Treo 600 came out on time on the Orange network and is, by far, the best all-in-one I have found and I have now owned ... ehum (drum roll) ... P800, 9210, SPV and XDA. Given the upheaval at HS I am amazed they hit the ground running with a unit as good as this and it bodes well for later models. It's obviously frustrating to see some bits of the world getting it way ahead - I bought a Clie UX50 after you had it for a 6 weeks before us in the USA - I wish there had been more negatives on the Cliesource forum to digest as I would have saved myself the bother - it's an overpriced piece of XXX that you need a degree to setup! Keep the faith - I genuinely believe the 600 'family' will be worldbeaters.
    Originally posted by snerdy

--.. .. .--. -- .. - --.. / .. ... / - .... . / -. . .-- / -.- .. -. --. / --- ..-. / - .... . / --. --- -.. -.. .- -- -. / .-. . - .- .-. -.. ... / ..--.. / / / -.-. --- -. --. .-. .- - ..- .-.. .- - .. --- -. ... / --..-- / / .--- . .-. -.- / ..--.. /

Morpheus! I've never seen code like this! I think Neo's in trouble!
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

Morpheus! I've never seen code like this! I think Neo's in trouble!
    OMG, run Forrest, run!!

Originally posted by JoeTampa

.... . / .. ... / . -.. - .. - .-.. . -.. / - --- / .... .. ... / --- .-- -. / --- .-- -. / --- .--. .. -. .. --- -. / ..--.. / -. --- / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... . / -. .- ... - -.-- / --..-- /

-.. . / .- -... ..--- -- / ...-.-

I don't think you're allowed to say ".. - .-.. . -.. /" here. This is a family-friendly site.
    Originally posted by JoeTampa Hey, at least you don't see people knocking others to the ground and snatching T600's out of their hands at the stores like with Cabbage Patch Kids. LOL

Ummmm...how do you think I got my Treo 600? That other guy obviously didn't want it a badly as I did. May he rest in peace(s)...

Originally posted by Tribalenvy It does everything I want it to save for shooting $20 bills out of its SD slot.

Whaaaat? Yours doesn't dispense cash? Send it back and get a Revision C Treo 600 with the ATM firmware update.
    To get back a bit to the beginning of the thread, I'm sure Handspring had some optimistic projections in getting the Treo 600 out. Anyone know a company that isn't? None of this is evil or deliberate. You can be upset by this (I know I wanted the GSM model NOW) but please, taking this so personally is silly.

As for quality, I've had the Sony Ericsson P800 (not the P900), the Treo 270, The T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition (XDA) and a host of other phones. The Treo 600 is closest to perfect of those. Sure there are lots of features I want it doesn't have. Those are bluetooth, playing wave/MP3 sounds (for tones), higher res. and more. I haven't touched the P900 yet, the the P800 was one the biggest turds I've ever owned. Talk about buggy! Talk about poor construction! That thing was terrible!

At the beginning of the thread it talks about how terrible HS is. I don't know anyone there and probably never will. You think Sony Ericsson is better? Here's an example, "Dear SE I have your very expensive phone, it has bugs, I'd like to upgrade the firmware", "I'm sorry sir we don't do that in the U.S.", "But you do in other countries?", "Yes", "How do I get these bugs fixed?", "I'm sorry we have no known bugs at this time.", "Really, why are you upgrading the firmware?", "I'm sorry I have no information on that at this time". One reason I got the Treo is that for serious bugs, it's likely you will be able to get a firmware upgrade (or software patch) based on past behavior (Yes, I know the P900 supposedly has the abililty to do firmware upgrades. But of course it's not officially available in the U.S. yet either).

Finally, I really love these, "HS hasn't shipped yet they suck, but I have this other great toy so what's HS problem?".

These other toys (P900, etc...) are not officially available for the U.S. yet. Anyone getting one is paying over $900 and getting them from an importer. I know of at least four places on the web I can get a Treo 600 GSM NOW. You just have to pay more. Seems the same to me. You want to pay less? You wait for HS to ship you one. Seems to me this is how everyone works not some conspiracy from HS.

I have no extra love for HS. I just love how the Treo 600 works. The next product that works better, no matter who makes it I'll buy. But let's not get carried away blaming delays on silly things. I've worked at big companies and small companies and rarely can you categorize any company as "them". It's a bunch of different people which means sometimes you get different messages depending on who gives the answer.

One such place was Monterey, CA as recently as fall of '02. Was there for 3 months. Had both phones. Confirmed it with the local Radio Shack (did not carry Sprint) and with the local Cingular mall retail outlet.

Sprint work there.
    My dean wanted a 600 for months now. He gave up and went with that 500 thing (smaller palm phone). Me? I have been a long term tmobile customer (since 96 or 97). But I find this forum, read all that I can and find out I can get a sprint version right away. I go to bestbuy and take the thing home. If I don't like it or sprint's service I will take it back and that's the end of it. I have had some problems with the phone that the local sprint store is working with me on (yes national sprint tech support is clueless i agree but so is tmobile if you are talking data).

When I first found this forum I was scared of sprint as I could not understand why people would wait for tmobile, etc rather than giving sprint a try. I am doing that now and giving them a fair shot, too early to tell if I will stay-depends on how local sprint store does with my issues.

Point is you don't have to wait unless you just want to.

Regards,
    Fletch

Since you badmouthed Treocentral, they're probably going to move this thread off the Treo 600 hardware section (the only section ANYONE reads here).
    Here's the bottom line. If you bought the Treo 600 and don't like it? Return it and SHUT THE HE** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one here is twisting your arm to keep it!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast