1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get rid of my many bad shots as hot sync seems to restore them from my PC and vice versa? Do I really need to delete all of these pics from both devices or is there a setting that allows a deletion on one to delete it on the other -- or at least not restore it on hot sync?

Also, any advice on why it needs to sync my third party apps again each time -- battery graph, etc?
    You need to remove the images from your Treo pictures archive on your desktop. Goto your desktop > treo pictures > user > and then delete the images from unfiled or personal.

Also, hotsync backs up battery graph b/c it has to sync the battery history database which can get quite large if you don't specify smaller records. Finally, if you click on the hotsync icon on your Treo, you can specify what conduits to sync and what not to in order to customize your sync settings and make it faster...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Turns out there are settings inside BatteryGraph and a number of other programs that allow you to turn of the syncing function. My sync is now down to 20-30 seconds from 2 or 3 minutes each time.

As to the photos, deleting them from the desktop works until I hotsync and then the Treo puts them back on my desktop. Seems I have to delete from both or turn off the hotsync all together....

Anyone have any ideas?
    I don't suppose you keep pictures in your Transfer folder?
    As to the photos, deleting them from the desktop works until I hotsync and then the Treo puts them back on my desktop.

Ah, there's the problem: you're doing it backwards. You have to delete them from the Treo, not the desktop. Even if you want to get them off the desktop, you still need to delete them from the Treo first. But deleting them from the desktop is optional. You can leave them on (except in the Transfer folder) and they won't transfer back to the Treo.