Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I posted this in another thread, but it got buried. I had resets in many apps, but the following method fixed the problems, and prevented them from returning. Your mileage my vary.

    My method is based on the KB article posted on HS's site. You'll need FileZ installed.

    Part 1:
    - Open FileZ
    - select Filter
    - filter settings:
    Filename Contains
    enter "auto"
    - you should see:
    Web Find Autofill
    Web URL Autofill
    - select both
    - select Delete from the menu

    Part 2:
    - Quit FileZ and Launch Blazer
    - Don't do anything in Blazer, and reopen FileZ
    - select Filter
    - filter settings:
    Filename Contains
    enter "auto"
    - you should see:
    Web Find Autofill
    Web URL Autofill
    Both files should be 84b in size. if the second column is not "Size" you can tap the triangle between the columns and select "Size" to confirm
    - select one of these files
    - select "Details"
    - select "Attributes"
    - check "Read Only"
    - select Save
    - do the same for the other Autofill file.

    This method deletes your autofill files, then creates default ones through Blazer. Then by making them read-only, they don't become "corrupted"(HS's term, not mine).

    Following this method fixes all of my input-related crashes.

    Conrad
  2. #2  
    This is a good find.
    Thank you
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3. #3  
    It didn't fix my SMS reset problems, but I'm sure I did something good preventable.
  4. #4  
    I was unable to use Blazer on my Treo 600 until implementing your fix. Thank you!

    Gary Kueber
  5. #5  
    Didn't work for me. Thanks for trying anyway.

    Share pic>contacts lookup still reboots on mine.

    Won't making autofill a read only file keep me from adding new "auto fills" to blazer?

    Cory
  6. #6  
    Hi,

    i was having the problem with my treo 600 where anytime i would look up a contact for an SMS message it would reset the phone.

    I tried a lot of things (reset, software reset, hard reset, filez properties changing etc) but basically as soon as i would do a hotsync the problem would return.

    What finaly addressed the problem for me (36hrs and counting, fingers crossed) as a battery disconnect reset (holding down k + backspace while pushing the reset button. See the handspring site FAQ for full procedure. You need your AC charger available to get the phone back on so make sure to be close to an outlet).

    Worked for me. Maybe it will forsomeone else.

    best,
    -graham

Posting Permissions