1.    #1  
    I'd like to put Vindigo on an SD card and have ten cities or more that I periodically travel to, rather than uploading and deleting them frequently. Anyone succeed in this with something like powerrun? I'm worried that when I hotsync the databases won't be updated correctly, etc.
    Been wondering the same thing. Nice thing about PowerRun is you can try it and see if it works. If not, you can move it back to RAM. If you totally mess it up, it's easy to reinstall. It's a giant program so it would be nice to move it over to SD. I may give it a go over the weekend. Maybe.
    There's an app called Mydigo from Toysoft that enables you to load and sync Vindigo from the card. I haven't used this personally but I have used their other app called AdvantageRx in conjunciton with Epocrates. It works well with the regular version but messes up the premium version of epocrates. It might be worth to try this shareware imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Mydigo on the 600?
    Originally posted by Preston
    Mydigo on the 600?
    Why don't you download below and try it out yourself:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...4065&mode=info

Be forwarned though...this app still needs to load your Vindigo files back to Ram to run the app! Thus, depending on the number of cities you subscribe to, this can take a long time to load. This also means you will still have to maitain a min amount of free Ram. MyDigo, then automatically moves Vindigo back to the SD card when you're done...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Do you know if it moves the application and the current city, or does it move the application and all cities? If it is the latter, it doesn't really do much good at all. If it is the former, then I can live with keeping 2.5M free.
    Wondering the same thing. Problem is that developer doesn't allow trials. Either buy it or leave it. I may do it. I'll post results, if I do.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Wondering the same thing. Problem is that developer doesn't allow trials. Either buy it or leave it. I may do it. I'll post results, if I do.
    Umm...did you guys even check the link above? Anyway, here's the manual and demo prc:

myDigo is a utility that is used in conjunction with Vindigo program from Vindigo, Inc.

myDigo is used to launch and sync Vindigo from removable media suchs as Secure Digital, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card and Sony Memory Stick. myDigo is also compatible with Handspring Visors by third party VFS support manager for Memplug.

Modification to files will be automatically saved back to the removable media. During HotSync all your channels will be updated on the card.

myDigo Main Screen
    myDigo has very simple user interface. First you must setup myDigo. Setup lets you move files to the card. You do this by selecting "myDigo Setup..." button.

Buttons
    myDigo Setup... - Move documents between RAM and card.

Enable myDigo - Check the checkbox to enable myDigo. Uncheck to disable myDigo.

myDigo Setup
    The setup screen is used to move all the Vindigo files to the card. You should move all the files to the card including the Vindigo application.

myDigo by default displays all the files in RAM. By selecting the RAM button and Card button you can toggle between files in RAM and on the Card.

Check the files you want to move or select the Select All button to select all the files. Once you have all the files selected tap on the Move button to move all the files to the card or to RAM.

To sort file names tap on the File Name title and to sort by file size tap on the Size title.

myDigo creates a folder name called "Vindigo" in the /Palm/Programs folder on the card.

For faster launch you can leave the Vindigo application in RAM and only move the databases to the card.

Launching Vindigo
    To launch Vindigo tap on "Vindigo" icon in myDigo. You must enable myDigo first. Launching Vindigo from the card take sometimes because it must copy the files to RAM in order to launch. The bigger your channels are the longer it will take to launch. Typically for 500K channels it takes about 20 seconds to launch.

Requirement and Compatibility
    Palm M125, M500, M505, Palm Tungsten, HandEra 330 or Sony Clie with Virtual File System and Notification Manager.
    27K of free memory.
    For Handspring Visor users you have two choices:
    PiVFS manager for MemPlug from Portal Innovation Techology Ltd.
    Kopsis Engineering VFS Helper (http://kopsisengineering.com/)
    myDigo is compatible with the following launchers.
    1. PalmOS Launcher 4.0
    2. Launcher III 3.0.2
    3. Lanuch'Em 3.0.2
    4. MegaLauncher 3.0.3 and 4.x
    5. SilverScreen 2.1
    6. YiShow
    7. LauncherX
    8. ZLauncher
    9. GoBar
    10.Facer

Other launchers are not supported and myDigo will not function properly with other launchers and will most likely crash your handheld.

Hotsync
    The most powerful feature in myDigo is the ability to sync your channels to the removable card. Any channels that you have created or deleted will be automatically be sync'ed. This also include submittions.

When you start HotSync myDigo will display the window on the left. You can skip syncing Vindigo by selecting the "No Sync" button. This will tell myDigo not to sync your channels. This is useful in cases that you just want to sync some files quickly.

Select the "Sync" button or wait until the counter counts down to zero to start the HotSync.

Syncing with myDigo takes sometime because copying files to the card is very slow especially if you have large channels.

Note: Make sure you have enough memory on the handheld to store the channels.

If you have 1 meg of channels then you will need to have 1 meg of free memory on the handheld.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9.    #9  
    Mydigo doesn't appear to work on the GSM Treo 600. I have 3 cities and the app; Mydigo sees that as a single file. (There are various small files, none more than 3K). Thus, the only thing it would permit one to do is to off-load the vindigo and then reload it. Worse still, the vindigo app is gone, so you can't click on vindigo as advertised and upload. Instead, you have to open mydigo, move vindigo over, and then start vindigo. Finally, when I did this, vindigo didn't return properly and I had to restore with backupbuddy. (Thanks, BB!)

It is possible I did something wrong, but the instructions to Mydigo are very simple, so if I did, I'll really feel foolish.
    In an email reply, Toysoft stated that myDigo will not work on the Treo 600.
  11.    #11  
    Toysoft told me that it does work on the Treo, but they have a different idea of "work" than I do. Toysoft apparently thinks it works appropriately to create a single file and move it to the SD card, then move it back as needed. That is fine if you use one or two cities, but if you want the program in order to carry twenty cities with you, you still need to have 20MB available on your Palm card.

I should say that I inquired (after buying the program) if this was intentional and the response was that 'I think so but I'll check and get back to you' but so far no response.

I think this is an essentially useless program selling for $10. Don't waste your money.
    Well after doing some searching, I came across an interesting app called MemHack that might fullfill a solution:

Read-Only VFS support for almost all applications. Every time an application is launched, it looks in /Palm/Launcher/MemHack/appname/ (where appname is the application's name) and copies any files in that directory into memory. When the application finishes, it deletes any databases it may have copied, or that were already there but are also in that directory.

Use your SD card or Memory Stick to store large databases for applications without native VFS support.
    It is OS 5.x compatible. Has anyone tried this with the Vindigo? The reviews are mixed but I would be interested to learn if this app moves only part or all the databases on launch? Anyone wanna give this a try?