1.    #1  
    i just picked up a 256mb SD card from simple tech www.simpletech.com

i took the dummy card out and poped it in and the thing sticks about 3mm out of the top of the treo. you would think that 3mm is no big deal, but the spring loaded ejection keeps poping the card out. every time you brush up on it, or push the treo into your pocket the SD card pops out. has anyone else had this issue or did i just buy some cheap SD card that does not stick to size standards? the thing wasn't cheap so i'm kinda bummed.

-s
    Originally posted by selfassembled
    i just picked up a 256mb SD card from simple tech www.simpletech.com

i took the dummy card out and poped it in and the thing sticks about 3mm out of the top of the treo. you would think that 3mm is no big deal, but the spring loaded ejection keeps poping the card out. every time you brush up on it, or push the treo into your pocket the SD card pops out. has anyone else had this issue or did i just buy some cheap SD card that does not stick to size standards? the thing wasn't cheap so i'm kinda bummed.

-s
    I don't have a Treo 600 (yet) but others have complained about this. Some have taken drastic measures such as filing down the edge of the SD card so it doesn't stick out so much. Others have used tape.

Bummer, no?
  3.    #3  
    i woder if there is a model that fits right. I'd be willing to by a smaller one from handspring even if it fit right. I can use the tall one for mp3s but my company has a goodlink server that we're demo'n. www.good.com

i'm still waiting for them to process my activation, but you need at least 8mb SD for the software. this is provides blackberry-style functionality to the treo. this is not something you want going offline because you didn't know the memory stick came out in your pocket.

i might go fo filing it down. hell if i'm putting scotch tape on such a fine piece of geek genitalia.

-s
    Scotch tape is the answer. Filing defintely voids the warranty. I have had my T6 for 1.5 days and the tape has been holding great. I haven't tried to take the card out yet. I know that is going to be non-trivial since I have no nails but the tape solution is very effective. You need to wind it around the car 2.5 times.
    http://www.pdaology.com

the web directory for pda and phone-enabled sites. over 1000 sites in the directory!
    There was another thread on this a month ago, and filing the top of the sd card, causes absolutely no problems. We all filed ours down to be flush with top. There is no electronics at top, only frame. I have a simpletech 256 which stuck out further than my wifes's andisk and there are no consequences from filing. Just keep contacts clean of debris.