Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am considering to buy a locked version of Treo.

Can anyone confirm this? Many many thanks..........sssssss.......

Pedro
    Near Chicago-

AT&T

Firmware: 02.04
    Software: Treo600-1.07-AWS
    Hardware: B
    @ pedrong

From what the thread says thus far, it appears as though the upgrade takes away some of the carrier customizations...but not the SIM lock. SIM lock is different than carrier customized software. As far as I know, (which is a fair amount with regard to cell phones) firmware upgrades NEVER remove a SIM-lock.
    To 100thMonkey:

I live in Hong Kong where Treo 600 is not available and no official release yet. Therefore, I consider to buy a Treo in US and ship to HK with the help of my friend in US. Unless the Treo is unlocked, I can't use it here. Do you know how to unlock the phone? I found www.unlockyourgsm.com can provide such service but don't know whether it really can do it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pedro
    I would look for one originally sold by Cingular or sold by Handsrping for use on Cingular because that version is unlocked. You can probably buy one directly off of the Handspring site or eBay
    Originally posted by pedrong
    To 100thMonkey:

I live in Hong Kong where Treo 600 is not available and no official release yet. Therefore, I consider to buy a Treo in US and ship to HK with the help of my friend in US. Unless the Treo is unlocked, I can't use it here. Do you know how to unlock the phone? I found www.unlockyourgsm.com can provide such service but don't know whether it really can do it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pedro
    Hi Pedro, I live in HK as well and got one from Singapore. It's unlocked, but I have been having problem with Chinese SMS. The local network CSL has one on display (at their C'sbay store) and indicated it's coming to HK in Jan with Chinese support. So, you may want to wait.
    To YHL:

Do you have any problem in broswing via GPRS?

Pedro
    Flashing the firmware to v2.08 and software to INTernational version still doesn't unlock the phone. So, how does one unlock the phone besides contacting the service provider? and why doesn't it unlock the phone when the ROM has been over-written?

What advantages does one get by flashing the firmware to v2.08 besides having a better quality speakerphone and supposedly higher bandwidth on GPRS for an Orange UK Treo?

I personally can't find any nasty bugs apart from the auto disconnection from the GPRS network from time-to-time and the occasional problems with the speakerphone.

Cheers!!
    GSM Treo 600 for AT&T Wireless purchased on Dec. 4th, 2003
    Firmware: 02.04

Anyone try the Firmware Upgrade found in these chatrooms for 2.08?
    "What good is a smartphone when it's MORE smart and LESS phone?"
    yup, and it runs gooooooood.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Anyone came across beta version of Firmware update ver 2.09?
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    FWIW,

Number: <blank>
    IMEI: <blank>
    HS SN: <ain't tellin'>
    SA Number: <blank>
    Firmware: <blank>

Bought from AT&T Wireless as an upgrade via 611 (Customer Service)
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
    The firmware update isn't available via the link posted on the other thread anymore. Can someone post it here or post another link? Thanks
    You are referring to 2.08? It's still there...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=2
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Firmware 2.08 is located:

Firmware 2.08 Updater

Happy New Year
    Thanks. I just ran it - seemed to work OK but I need to play around with it a little to be sure. I noticed that in Phone Info, the Number, IMEI Number, SA Number and Firmware fields are all blank now. Should it be that way?
    Never mind - it changed back to normal after activating the phone a couple of times. Thanks!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234