1.    #1  
    What is the best way to determine what PRCs and DBs an app installs? Are there uninstall apps for the Palm OS that make this easier? Some of these apps have some very cryptic filenames.

TIA,
    Sean
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Every Palm app has a unique creator ID. That ID is associated with any databases or files that the app uses or creates. A utility like Filez will allow you to list all apps and databases by creator ID.
    The delete function on the main applications menu should delete all associated files along with the app you are deleting, but of course, this doesn't always work.
    You might want to do a search on PalmGear or Handango for uninstall utilities. They will usually delete everything associated with an app, and will sometimes identify orphan files left over from previous uninstalls.
    Zane
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    I was thinking about trying this one out...Uninstall Manager . It might work for you.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Uninstall Manager is a great app.
    I use CleanUp all the time. It's expecially useful for removing time lock prefs for demo apps.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Similar problem, i delete the apps, only for the hotsync program to put them back again...and loose all the categorization i did in the process

Whats the proper process to remove an app?
    I have been using Uninstall Manager and CleanUp. Also, after removing an application I always go to the C:\Program Files\Palm\User Name\Archive and Backup directories and I remove any files associated with the application. Additionally, if you have selected "Desktop overwrite Handheld" under the Hotsync conduit it will continue installing the applications that you remove from the Treo.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    That seems are rather flawed and bizare process.

If i change the system conduit what else do i effect?