Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Besides hanging up on both parties and waiting for the connected line to ring back in, is there any other way to disconnect just one conversation when someone comes in through call waiting? All I see is the option to hang up on all.

I can use the hang up on all and wait for the other conversation to ring back in (like it does on a home phone), but I was hoping that there was another way to do this.

Any ideas?
    I may start becoming the thread police myself.. It is indeed getting out of hand.

SEARCH!

Or, try pressing backspace.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Call the cops, because I have the same problem. Take a chill pill. We are here to help each other. Sometimes searches don't yield the right results. Perhaps, it would have been time better spent, giving a link!
    Actually, I gave the answer. Press backspace.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Backspace hangs up all lines, right? What about just one line?
    It should hang up the one, pause the other, and ring it back. The "keeper" may hear a ring, so you may want to tell them that, so they will not freak and hang up.

BTW, Here is a link to the other thread (click here)

I did a search for "callwaiting"
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    It should hang up the one, pause the other, and ring it back. The "keeper" may hear a ring, so you may want to tell them that, so they will not freak and hang up.
    When I tried it, there was no ring. And the "keeper" call is not disconnected either. It simply is that the phone has no way to allow you to disconnect one call and not the other, so its method of returning the call to you is by ringing. The call isn't actually disconnected.

This issue is actually a subset of a bigger problem with the T600, which is that although you can have two calls going at once, it isn't possible to switch between them. So the call waiting isn't too useful, because you can't do the one thing that many people do, which is to say to the incoming caller "please hold while I finish up my earlier call." Once you go to a second call, the only way to get back to your first call is to end your call with the second party. Dumb!
    Last edited by rbienstock; 11/23/2003 at 07:43 AM.
    Regards,

Robert
    [qoute]This issue is actually a subset of a bigger problem with the T600, which is that although you can have two calls going at once, it isn't possible to switch between them. So the call waiting isn't too useful, because you can't do the one thing that many people do, which is to say to the incoming caller "please hold while I finish up my earlier call." Once you go to a second call, the only way to get back to your first call is to end your call with the second party. Dumb[/quote]

rbienstock...
    This is not totally true. You can use the swap button and switch back and forth between callers, but, one would think that when you end one of the calls, it would terminate itself on the screen so you don't get charger double minutes, when not on nights and weekends.