Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    V 1.91 BETA is out - fixes alerting for Sprint model (now uses SMS sound profile)
    V 1.91 BETA of what?
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    V 1.91 BETA of what?
    Read the subject of the thread SnapperMail
    Earlier he didnt have a subject

Its all fixed now
    That's funny. There was always a subject there, but it's fun watching you try to cover yourself.
    Regards,
    Tom
    beta version change, allows for an alert while keyguard is activated. snapper is very responsive.you gotta love this app. thanks for posting the alert.
    Originally posted by stuartr
    V 1.91 BETA is out - fixes alerting for Sprint model (now uses SMS sound profile)

Guess I'll have to try to see what happens, but I had BETA 1.90 installed which had not fixed this feature.

However, if you installed the Handspring email application, the missing MAIL sound profile got restored and worked properly.

Now it seems that if I update to 1.91, I would be forced to use the SMS sound profile only.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    Earlier he didnt have a subject

Its all fixed now
    You're right... I noticed and fixed that just after posting!
    Originally posted by tomrob
    That's funny. There was always a subject there, but it's fun watching you try to cover yourself.
    Regards,
    Tom
    If you can't say anything nice...
    Didn't mean to come off being mean. I really was laughing. This place is great!!
    Have a good rest of the weekend!
    Regards,
    Tom
    Version 1.91.02 BETA is available for download.

The MAIL Alert option has now been fixed! The mail alert options are not selected within the Snappermail program itself.
    I didn't know that the mail alert option was broken - I always get notified when I have new mail. I wish they'd quit worrying about little stuff and do something worthwhile to the app - say implement IMAP like they've been threatening for over a year...

Dunc
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/23/2003 at 11:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Dunc
    I didn't know that the mail alert option was broken - I always get notified when I have new mail. I wish they'd quit worrying about little stuff and do something worthwhile to the app - say implement IMAP like they've been threatening for over a year...

Dunc
    audible alert feature was not functioning with the keyguard activated. its now been fixed with this latest update.
    Not sure which model and carrier you use, but starting at BETA 1.90, the mail alert option did not work on the Sprint Treo600 since there was no mail sound choice in the phone sound preferences. Basically, Snappermail did not realize this option was not there on the Sprint T600.

Temporarily, the only fix was to install the Handspring mail application which restored the missing MAIL sound menu in the phone sound preferences. This allowed 1.90 to function properly.

BETA 1.91 solved the problem temporarily by mapping the mail alert sound to whatever the SMS sound was. This eliminated the need to have the Handspring mail application installed. The drawback being, identical sound for SMS and MAIL alerts.

Now BETA 1.91.02 allows Snappermail to select its own inidvidual mail alert sound without needing the Handspring application installed. Mail alert sounds are selected within the Snappermail application itself and not from the phone preferences sounds menu.

Anyway, I think this was definitely more than a little problem and I'm glad they fixed it. And as mentioned already, prior to the first 1.90 BETA, there were issues with the keyguard...not to mention vibrate as well.
    Where can I get the beta version... I can't find it on their site?
    Hmmm. So far I'm not impressed with the Beta 1.91 release... My previous crashless Treo 600 (Sprint) has crashed 4 times since I upgraded Snapper versions this morning. Each time it has crashed it has been when Snapper is automatically polling for eMail.

Dunc
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Where can I get the beta version... I can't find it on their site?
    You have to log into your Snappermail account and download it from there.
    Another two resets... ##377 has listed Snapper as the culprit each time.
    Strange. No issues on my end.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast