1.    #1  
    Blazer and its peers are taking too long to download pages....so I went back to an old friend Eudora Web 2.1 which is very speedy (I don't miss the graphics for the most part). I know that I won't be able to access all pages but I can live with that.

But there are two quirks that I can't figure out.....

1. When you have a text entry screen--like the search box in Google--you can't enter text. There is a line of text in the box which reads

"Direct Access to field->text not allowed"

Has that always been there? Is there a workaround?

2. There seems to be a limit on the size of the downloads with Eudora 2.1--I think it is about 75KB. Is this a Eudora setting? Can it be overridden?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Jim Zurer
    Washington DC
    I love my Treo 600 more than twice as much my Treo 300.
    The "Direct access to field->text" message is a bug in the Eudora Web code -- it is accessing parts of the UI data that isn't available on Palm OS 5.

Eudora probably has a 64K download limit -- since it was written for an earlier version of Palm OS, it won't be taking advantage of the calls that let it allocate more memory.
  3.    #3  
    So do you think there is any chance Eudora would be interested in making the necessary changes? I will write to them, but I am not too optimistic.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jim Zurer
    Washington DC
  4.    #4  
    I have now tried Web Pro, Web to Go, AvantGo and ISpider as my browser and it reinforces my opinion that Eudora Web--even with its limitations--is far and away the fastest way to browse the net on the Treo 600.

So that leads me to the question--unanswered as yet by the Eudora Internet Suite people--about what it would take to allow data entry into search boxes (like Google) and how to get rid of the 64 KB download restriction. With those two changes, there would be no competition for the fastest Palm browser--for those of us who can live with a text only browser. Is there any hope?

Second question: Is there a way to use Lynx on the Treo 600?

Third question: What was the rationale for the decision not to support PQA or web clipping? Certainly they were useful tools and I would still use them in certain situations.

Just as an aside, Web Pro compares very favorably to Blazer in speed of download in my limited usage.

Jim Zurer
    Washington DC
    I've tried all of these but iSpider (they all have their ups and downs). I went googling for iSpider with no luck. Can you give me an URL?

TIA,

Patrick
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
  6.    #6  
    I found iSpider on Palmgear.com

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...3&prodID=44059

Good luck.