1.    #1  
    So, the Treo only has 24megs of internal memory. My SD card has 512megs.

I'd like to make an "image" of my Treo's memory and store it on my SD Card. Then I'd like a program that can resstore that image.

That way, if I have to deal with a hard reset, I can just backup from the image on the SD disk. No worries if I can't get to the computer.

Anyone think this is possible?

David
    Why not just use one of the many available backup programs out there. BackupMan, Botzam Backup, BackupBuddyVFS, Right Back Up.... all offer the ability to back your handheld to SD. Most are very configurable... you can schedule backups and other options.
    I've used Backup BuddyVFS since my Palm m130. Works great. It was my "Hotsync" for a while when I didn't have access to a computer.
  4.    #4  
    I had no idea these programs existed - I thought all the backup stuff was just enhanced backup between the handheld and the computer - I'll check them out!

Thanks!

David
    BackupBuddy does a full backup from the PC as well, when you buy the app, theres a computer side portion as well.
    Originally posted by dgilman
    I had no idea these programs existed - I thought all the backup stuff was just enhanced backup between the handheld and the computer - I'll check them out!

Thanks!

David
    Check out the Treo Utilities thread. There's two lengthy discussions about the various options right now and they're on the first page of posts.
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    Why not just use one of the many available backup programs out there. BackupMan, Botzam Backup, BackupBuddyVFS, Right Back Up.... all offer the ability to back your handheld to SD. Most are very configurable... you can schedule backups and other options.
    I use Botzam and it's great. I backup to an sd card. And today, after a hard reset, I successfully restored my Treo from the sd card.
    I haven't used anything except for Right Backup. It works great. I have done a hard reset twice just to test it. No problems. It also looks a little prettier than the other aps, as if that really matters.
    Every morning my Treo backs up to the SD card, but I have it set ot only backup if it is plugged into the hotsync.

Pretty darn cool.

Price: $10
    Yah, pretty but not as functional as Botzam though...but still nice.

How does it look when backing up? Botzam displays the icon for each program as it backs it up, which I thought was pretty neat.
    I set BackupbuddyVFS to automatically backup at 3AM, a time when I am generally not using the 600. However, when I do wake up, it is waiting for me to give a keyguard unlock command (center button).

Is it even possible to have this work without human intervention?
    Originally posted by Preston
    I set BackupbuddyVFS to automatically backup at 3AM, a time when I am generally not using the 600. However, when I do wake up, it is waiting for me to give a keyguard unlock command (center button).

Is it even possible to have this work without human intervention?
    My 600 did the same thing with BackupBuddyVFS. But for some reason after I installed GoodLink software (for wireless corporate e-mail), my backups are now running unattended.

I thought this was a fluke but I have tested it a few times to prove it is working, and am I now having my backups run at 3:30am just like I do on my Clie NX70.
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.