Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    IGOLF told me today delivery is expected around Dec. 1.

Best I can tell, this is the only GPS for a Palm PDA with SDIO. Best I can tell, no other company is developing a palm driver. StarCaddy (see my other thread) depends on Pharos for its drivers and Pharos indicated to me they had no interest in developing a Palm driver.

IGOLF did express interest in doing course maps like those of StarCaddy. However, IGOLF is a new company and it takes a good bit of money to produce the course maps. They do not have the resources to do course maps now. I was told course maps could be in the future, but not the near future.

I asked if the GPS unit had been tried with a TREO 600 and I was told the unit does work with the 600. Tight fit, but it works.
    Well, I don't know what's going on with iGolf.

I think they're pretty disorganized. First of all, right after my order on November 20, 2003, I received an email from them titled "SD GPS Package Information Request" asking that I inform them of the PDA model I was using to insure compatability with their GPS card. The strange thing was that the email indicated that "it [was] imperative [they] receive this information by November 16, 2003." This deadline was 4 days before they sent me the information request.

Anyway, I immediately replied, to which they responded that they would make changes to "boilerplate" deadline date, and that the Treo 600 would work fine.

I heard nothing from them until I received a new email message from them dated November 20, 2003 with the title "2nd Request-SD GPS Package Information"--which of course implies that I never responded to their first request! Indeed, they had already sent me their first email message more than two weeks earlier, and had even acknowledged it with a reply, as indicated above. Perhaps they misplaced my response or failed to catalog it.

I informed them of my prior reply and their acknowledgement, but have received no response from them about it. I'm still looking forward to receiving the unit, but I'm a bit nervous now about the whole thing.
    I think there were a few people who ordered this on this board. I'd love to hear if anyone got an update of when it will appear.

I don't golf, but I'd love a really functional GPS.
  4.    #4  
    I had the same impression. Igolf is a new company with a new product that frankly gets blown away by StarCaddy. They don't have the resources at this point to compete with StarCaddy.

I bought (forgive me for this) a Dell Axim 3 Pocket PC so I could use StarCaddy. The course maps are wonderful. Being able to see where you are on a map generated with satellite images that provide accuracy within one to two yards is a big advantage.

StarCaddy is in the process of upgrading its software. Hopefully, it will have more of the features of Intelligolf like the ability to keep track of putts, provide stats, etc.

Although I love my Treo 600, the screen/resolution/outdoor viewing on the Dell Axim 3 is outstanding. At some point StarCaddy may have a Palm driver for its Pharos gps unit; however, having a bigger screen in this instance is a big plus.
    I have called them 3 times since nov 15th when it was supposed to ship. they keep blaming the delays on all fo the damage due to the calif fires, that were put out weeks ago and the fact that they could not get into thier offices and the same for contracts as well. The excuse is getting very tired. They keep saying they are sure I will have it before I leae for vegas in a week and a half, yea right! I am not holding me breath. BTW I do not play golf, do not give a hang about golf and do not intend to use the golf portion of the software and will update the mapopolis software to the navigator software as soon as I get the igolf unit. I want it for the unit only. The irony of the issue is that I live in a development which the houses are built around 2 golf courses. The courses are great tp look at but to me, it looks like a dumb sport, (sorry golfers, but it does nto due it for me), take care, Jay
    Could be worse, have you tried to get to their website today? (12/10)

Moo
    Frank
    Ah. The igolf website does respond:

With this much saner note about the delays:

Shipments of the SD GPS package compatible with both Pocket PC and Palm OS handhelds is expected to start in the middle to end of December, depending on your order number and how quickly we can stabalize the driver for all Palm OS handhelds.
    DEC 10TH 2003, hI ALL, I just spoke to igolf today. They had to work further on drivers foir the t600, work is being done by pa1mone and should be completed by the end of the week. Apparently work is being done on the software in the usa, india an japan at the same time. THEY EXPECT THE DRIVERS AND OTHER SOFTWARE ISSUES OF THE IGOLF UNIT AND THE TREO 600 TO BE COMPLETED BY THE END OF THIS WEEK! They offered to ship the unit and then email me the drivers, but I decided to wait for the everything at once. So it shoudl be soon. I will post to the site as soon as I get it! take care, jay
    Any word on the iGolf capability? I'm really hopefull, but the lack of news is worrisome. Hope it doesn't go the way of wifi!
    Doug
    Any update on the iGolf? This looks like it'd be great, until SnapTrack comes out.

Thanks,
    Peter
    hi, I just spoke to igolf today, (12/29/03), the drivers for palm and for t600 are now completed. they have been sent off to mapopoliss and the entire unit should be shipped in 3 weeks. take care, jay

PS I hope so!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    like everyone else on all these GPS threads i'm trying to find an alternative for my car besides dropping a grand on the Magellan RoadMate 500 (or something similar)... and i don't really want something with cables from my treo to the lighter and other cables to the antenna, etc. etc.

Forgive my ignorance for one second but the iGolf plugs into the SDIO slot right? so it has no power cables and no cable to any sort of antenna right? so NO cables? and if the SDIO slot is taken up - can i fit a state or 2's worth of data in internal memory? seems like mapping/GPS software might not be worth all that much if we can only store maps of one neighborhood at a time!!!

Please let me know!!
    oh one more question i have - i play golf but have little interest in using this for golf - their website makes it sound like that's all it does - i mean that's not true right??? prob obvious answer coming but wanted to make super sure before i get too hype about this iGolf thing...
    Who knows, as igolf has us waiting.......and waiting.......and waiting....and waiting.......funny thing is thta I live in a developemnt which has 2 golf courses of which I live about 2 lots off of one of them and I could care less about the game. I just enjoy looking at the beautiful greens, 300 year old siouthern oaks and rolling hills. Yes we do have rolling hills here in Lake Couty FLORIDA! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I received this as a present for X-MAS. IGOLF shipped the pocket PC version for my TREO 600.

After my email inquiries, I was told that the the PALM version "will be shipped in the next 2-3 weeks". After reading the posts, it seems there are many promises, but no real delivery yet. There is not even a way to test the SD module.

Anyone have any new updates/information?

I did asked about where the maps are stored and it seems there is no storage capability on the GPS SD card and they are only stored in the T600 memory.
    That is correct, althought Mappoplis claims someelse is coming out with a unit like igolf that also contains a sd card, but they did not know who, (or alt l;east would not tell me) and they also did nto knwo what size sd card it ontained. Igolf & Mapoloplis tells me that there is not much room needed, if you are downloadingh maps of your area. If you wanted to download the entire usa, then that might be a problem. take care, jay

PS i did not know they had on for the ms type of heandheld nor did I know it was already on the market. take care, Jay
    I followed this thread for awhile, but it seems like the way to go might be to get the itrek GPS.

Pros
    -----
    -- It's available today, people are using it.
    -- It seems cheaper ($200 or so including maps)
    -- The mouse part works as an antenna that for good use in a car.
    -- It frees up the SD slot of a plethora of maps.

Cons
    -----
    -- It's not as compact as the igolf for walking around and hiking and such (even this con is a pro for some because of the freed up SD slot for maps)
    Hi, I am disabled and it would be had to carry around both the "mouse" and the t600 as opposed to the igolf. take care, jay
    ps it looks very medshift as compared to the igolf unit.
    Anyone have any new updates/information?
    I asked iGolftech last week and they said Treo 600 units would be shipped "this month."

Because I have no use for the golfing software and Mapolpolis does not suit my mapping needs, all I want is the receiver which iGolftech will not sell by itself. So, I will look and wait for another GPS receiver.
    Nothing yet...

Also, the supplied software I received contains the drivers for the pocket PC and is a 'package' install, hence no way to use the GPS card without the drivers.

I tried the install anyway...it fails when attempting to detect the pocket PC hotsync running (which is different from the PALM hotsync).

:-(
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast