Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi, the igoplf ships with one of mapopolis' less programs but can be upgraded to their best software and will have voice prompts if Ilive long enough to see it, take care, jay

ps mapopolis also has software that will tell you what in the area such as hotels eateries etc, that will also work with the unit.

PPss. I will not use the golf software, althought I live ina 2 golf course community, I am disabled and unable to play golf, also not interested it it anyway, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Unfortunately, the mapolis software will NOT install, since it also looks for the pocket PC 'activesync' running.

I'm dead in the water with a neat looking SD card aka paperweight...

Help IGOLF!
    Hi, the igolf unit, will work with the treo 600 as I spoke to them about again yesterday. It comes with mapopolis software which is upgradable as well, nd mapopolis themselves told me it is fully upgradable to work with the treo 600.

I do not understand what you are using right now the only igolf unit for sale is for the windows time handhelds and not ones based on palm, is that what you are talking about?? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I received my IGOLF GPS as a christmas present.

I have a T600 (Palm 5 os), but the package I received only had pocket PC software (maplolis, igolf, drivers). Although the driver disk says palm/pocket pc, it only contains the pocket PC drivers.

I also spoke with IGOLF today. They say the PALM drivers are done and the IGOLF software works. They offered to email me the drivers and IGOLF software in a week.

They say the hold-up is mapolis, who are now completing the driver intergration, but the distribution CD's are manufactured in asia and are still weeks away from being available.

Hi, they told me yesterday they are still in beta testing and to expect the entire kit and kabutal (sp) in about a month. BTW they are now 3 months behind schedule. I would eb pleasetly surprised if they do send you the drivers & info in a week. BTW the drivers for the t600 has been the problem all along, or so they told me each time I caleld in two week intervals. Take care, Jay
    It is a great concept. Let's just hope this vaporware...appears!

ed.
    how tru, I do hope they are sending you the software that fast. BTW they were only taking orders on a few hundred in the begining, for the palm version, why can't they burn cd's here in the usa at their Calif. offices, we all know it can be done dirt cheap, in house no less. take care, jay
    Mapolis is the one who has to burn the CD's..according to IGOLF.

Not that it should be a major thing, but possibly just put it on the same production facilities...

Waiting...

I can see the vapor thinning a bit......
    lmao take care, jay
    I am surprised if you haven't received it. Does someone know when Treocentral will post the review? I have been waiting for it.
    i AM STILL WAITNING FOR THE IGOLF UNIT TO SHIP, IT IS NOW JUST SHORT OF 4 MONTHS LATE! take care, jay
    Per my various emails, I have been the proud owner of this product since X-mas. Today, I received the drivers and test program via email and installed them. After about 10-15 mins, I was locked on 6 satellites. Long/lat updating.

I replied back via email and inquired about "when" the Mapopolis and the Igolf application would ship.

No answer to my email yet.

It's getting better...ever so slowly....

Ed.
    Great stuff! Have you tried reception in your car yet? Could you do some basic testing for us on basic capabilties (battery drain, signal strengths, etc.)? I really want this, but only if it is really usable.

I bought presenter to go, and it has become a great, and not just a toy, add-on. I'm hoping the same with IGolf. Thanks in advance for anything you can provide.
    Doug
    I have only used it in the car.

After the initial first time start-up yesterday of 15-20 mins, Now as soon as I load the program, I get immediate fixes on 6-8 satelliltes.

I have no idea about battery yet since I have a car mount that charges T600 from the car battery.

I'll try some more tests as I have time.

Ed.
    Any update for us Ed.?
    Doug
    No updates.

I'm on the road, so I will inquire again when I return.

Gitter Done
    bump
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If interested in an igolf unit I have mine forsale. Im a developer for a company who was implementing them for there mobile department. As of now I have no use for this unit. It work PERFECT with Treo 600 and doesnt drain battery. I tested it for several days and didnt see much of a problem. Gave me pin point directions as well as voice command turn by turn information.

I posted it under marketplace:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50585

Enjoy!

Miguel

Email me questions and/or if interested in purchasing
    Just noticed some of my prior posts are gone (I suppose due to the message board problems).

My Igolf unit (sdcard) works fine with the software. Mapopolis works soso, but there is a driver update coming that will improve the performance (speed data is what I've been told).

More later.
    Greetings! I just bought a Treo 600 (T-mobile) a couple weeks ago, and bought an iGolf SD GPS receiver kit on Ebay last week. I have not been able to get the receiver to work. When I insert the card, sometimes the Treo can't recognize it. When I use the GPSTest program that it comes with, it freezes my Treo (I have to do a soft reset). When I try to activate the GPS in Mapopolis, it freezes the Treo. I've tried using Mapopolis 1.35 and the beta 1.37, and neither work. Any hints? Does anyone have an updated driver for the GPS? I've tried to contact iGolf, but still no response. When I asked them about ordering the product, at least they replied in 2 days.

Maybe the update for the Treo will help (when it comes out for T-Mobile)?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast